Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That attachment needs to be sticky'd somewhere.

So you ask for a supporting statistic, and then when you get one, it doesn't matter.

GTFOH.

People like you are dug in and don't give a **** about anything that doesn't support your position.
Didn’t ask for made up statistics … asked for FACTS. Rodgers laid eggs the entire second half of the NFCCG…. We lost… Fact

Reaction score
Don't think there's any doubt they could be closer, though.
I believe we could be very, very talented inside 2-3 years by signing ALL of our key FA’s, then add a veteran FA Defender and keep stacking Drafts together similar to the last couple.

I really don’t think we’d need a generational #1 Defense to win a Championship (86’ Chicago). We just need to be as good as our opponent or better. I’d like to at least see a top #8 scoring Defense that pulls a Tampa Bay and gets stingy in the playoffs. Both consecutive NFC games, we were the inferior Defense. We can’t always be the weaker D and expect to Win. Some of us understand (yourself included) that throwing an extra $20mil cap annually at the Defense and getting significantly better draft placement gives us a statistical edge at improving. That Cap firepower alone is essentially 1 Khalil Mack and we all know how him in the middle of our current scenario would change the entire dynamics of our D.

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Came a lot closer than they will with these chumps and a horrible Defense.
You know this site is a majority of Packer fans, right? In 2019 the offense ranked 15th in points for, and the D was ranked 9th in points against. In 2020 the offense ranked #1 & the D was 13th. Without AR the entire offense are "chumps"? 9th & 13th qualify as "horrible"? Please go away and become a Buccaneers fan, there are still 3 seats left on their bandwagon.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Now talks with Adams are done. It's so obvious Gute and MM are the problem here. The board must immediately remove them both. If not the board must be dissolved.

Here's just one example of contract negations stalling. This is generally how things go.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now talks with Adams are done. It's so obvious Gute and MM are the problem here. The board must immediately remove them both. If not the board must be dissolved.
Obvious to the anti Gute and Anti Murphy people anyway. Show me where it says the talks were broken off because of anything other than money. Show me anything that says Adams is disgruntled with the organization and doesn't want to play here anymore. Adams wants around 28 million per year and the Packers haven't offered that much. Its a money thing not a personality clash like the Rodgers situation. My guess is the Packers are waiting to see what happens with Rodgers to see how they can afford Adams. I'd also guess that if they don't reach a deal you will see a franchise tag next season on Adams.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frankly I don't know why you'd give any player a 28m contract without knowing the AR situation first. Unless you think JL is superbowl ready already, no way I'm on board paying a receiver that much.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently Vegas sports books have removed all lines on over/under on Packers as well as Nfc North odds. Current rumors are that AR retires for '21, unretires to get traded in off-season before '22.

Last edited:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
How did he get it? A second place one?
Nope. He was a Forward on the 1949-50 Minneapolis Lakers when they won the Championship. Remember they started in MN and moved to LA. Played for them the following year then went to the Eagles for a year as a DE and lead the team in Sacks. The following year he switched to WR and lead the team with 56 receptions, 997 yards, and 7 TDs. After that, he went to the CFL, Set records for Receiving and one for Interceptions during a playoff game. (5)

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no excuse for Rodgers not being able to cash in. Not going to make any excuses. However, it would be refreshing if maybe, just maybe, every once in a while the defense didn't get pantsed in big games.

Dropping 26 on that defense isn't anything to sneeze at, especially given what they did to Mahomes 2 weeks later. Again, not an excuse, but for once I'd love to have the defense bail Rodgers out instead of the other way around.

They did once and the Packers won a SB

Reaction score
Havent won the other way either
It’s actually a reasonable point, but that’s too much common sense for many in here.

My contention is that we’ve got Rodgers playing at MVP level (48TD’s) and we still can’t make a SuperBowl? I say this sarcastically, but am I the only one who has sees that?? (Selah)

Well then… let’s pay him more $$ and lock him down (lock us down) until he’s 43 years old!
That ought to finally fix this team! Brilliant Dr Watson!
Sometimes I read various posts and I swear I see visions of the Pink Panther walking through this forum, music n all (he’s often carrying a briefcase of $$)

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope. He was a Forward on the 1949-50 Minneapolis Lakers when they won the Championship. Remember they started in MN and moved to LA. Played for them the following year then went to the Eagles for a year as a DE and lead the team in Sacks. The following year he switched to WR and lead the team with 56 receptions, 997 yards, and 7 TDs. After that, he went to the CFL, Set records for Receiving and one for Interceptions during a playoff game. (5)
Very interesting... I had no idea he did any of this. He always seemed so small. I would have never imagine him in the NBA or as a DE. Kinda got a new respect for him now. All I really ever knew about him before was that he was the coach of the first team I ever hated.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Very interesting... I had no idea he did any of this. He always seemed so small. I would have never imagine him in the NBA or as a DE. Kinda got a new respect for him now. All I really ever knew about him before was that he was the coach of the first team I ever hated.
He's 6'3". Well, he was. Now that he is 94, he is probably a little shorter.

Reaction score
Apparently Vegas sports books have removed all lines on over/under on Packers as well as Nfc North odds. Current rumors are that AR retires for '21, unretires to get traded in off-season before '22.
That may happen.
But keep in mind, if he takes that path he’s out roughly $40mil for the 2021 season if he does that (he also pays back his Roster bonus and anything he’s collected thus far) If he does that? He’d make me feel like I’m much more intelligent than I actually am! :roflmao:

PS. It’s not out of the realm of possibilities. We all know he’s just strange enough to do it. We know he just turned down what is likely over $100mil+ in guaranteed (my guess). Nothing would shock me with Rodgers.

IF Rodgers pulled a Cat Stephens and went abroad and became a Monk and changed his name to a Muslim derivative it would totally fit his personality.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That may happen.
But keep in mind, if he takes that path he’s out roughly $40mil for the 2021 season if he does that (he also pays back his Roster bonus and anything he’s collected thus far) If he does that? He’d make me feel like I’m much more intelligent than I actually am! :roflmao:

PS. It’s not out of the realm of possibilities. We all know he’s just strange enough to do it. We know he just turned down what is likely over $100mil+ in guaranteed (my guess). Nothing would shock me with Rodgers.

IF Rodgers pulled a Cat Stephens and went abroad and became a Monk and changed his name to a Muslim derivative it would totally fit his personality.
He did visit the dali lama (spelling?)

Members online

Latest posts