Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am sorry but if f you think 346 yards, 3 TD’s, 1 INT is below par, not only can I not help but you are an absolutely delusional person. I mean your Rodgers hate is blinding you. Did you forget about the TB TD that NEVER should have happened? Did you forget about the offensive line that was leaking like a sieve?

Did you forget about the lost fumble? Did you forget about the coach that inexplicably took the ball out of the MVP’s hands?

Yes Rodgers had some failures in that game but Rodgers performance against that defense was just short of
phenomenal and his team failed him more than he failed them.

Seeing it any other way means you don’t know a single thing about football.

To finish this off I am highly pissed at Rodgers, I too think he is a crybaby diva at this point but I refuse to let those feelings keep me from seeing the facts. And the facts are if a football team needs the QB to be perfect instead of simply great to win playoff games on a continual basis, then your football team is not the good and is completely carried by a few great players on the team.
Yardage means nothing… meaningless stat… meaningless. How many times did Rodgers come fail to convert after a turnover or in the red zone. He underperformed BIG-time. Football games are won by scoring points… not stats. Stats are for losers trying to justify failure… that’s Rodgers in a nutshell at this point. Time to move one!!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Rodgers, of all quarterbacks in playoff history, has the highest points per game average given up by his defenses. That's no small stat. He hasn't been perfect in all of the losses, but that's extremely difficult to overcome.
With no qualifiers, no he isn't I can name 4. Jeff George, Chris Chandler, Trent Green, and Daunte Culpepper. Now the first three only had 3 or 4 playoff games. But as to the long-term QBs that played in the playoffs more than 6 times, I think only Marino comes close at 26.2. I'm sure there are a few more, but not many. Rodgers is at 26.6 ppg on defense in the playoffs. I've said it for years, if the Packers had a defense like the Patriots, Rodgers would have 5 rings, not Brady. BTW, Brady's defense in the playoffs, 20.5. And that's a huge reason why he has so many rings.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Now no one can say that Rodgers only has one ring. Right guys? Right?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right. All successful NFL franchises do business the same as the Packers.
Perhaps. Rodgers saw how Brady picked a team that was loaded after years of high draft picks and wants to do the same.
But Rodgers presently isn't in the same situation that Brady was last offseason. Brady was a FA whereas Rodgers is still under contract.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Rodgers, of all quarterbacks in playoff history, has the highest points per game average given up by his defenses. That's no small stat. He hasn't been perfect in all of the losses, but that's extremely difficult to overcome.
Glad we agree. Lots to overcome, but it wasn't done. :)

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Incredible job by Wes and Mark, Peter, Jon Horst our GM made some incredible moves, and our stars played like stars. Can’t stop 34 #champs

— Aaron Rodgers (@AaronRodgers12) July 21, 2021

He just can't help himself, he is very petty IMO. Had the Bucks faltered earlier in the playoffs....the coach was likely gone. A win makes all the difference , had we won it all last year would this be a thing this offseason.

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should be no arguement, A. Rodgers is a HOF player, outstanding QB, game manager and passer! Deciding that he is "hurt" by not being "kept in the loop" about a trade up for QB or not being "treated right" by management is on him. When employees have issues they bring it to management and the end result is that management says "ok we get your upset but it was our decision as being best for the future of the organization" or "we are sorry we did not let you know, but it was our decision as being best for the future of the organization". Either way folks, A. Rodgers is not the person who is responsible for the Green Bay Packers organization, other folks have that responsibility. Rodgers job is to play the game to the highest level of his ability, to make his teammates better and gets paid to do so, handsomely I might add. When he believes that his role should be different than that it changes the dynamic, can affect the team (as it has based on WR comments) and affect a slew of other people including coaches, management AND fans. Is that really what GB needs, will this "soap opera" that Rodgers initiated help this team get to the SB? If Rodgers cannot accept the situation and get over it, then time to move on and GB has ways it can do that (trade, hold onto him if he does not report, etc.) so does A.R. (retire). At this stage if he cannot "get over it" then any one of those options is best for the TEAM.

Reaction score
Rogers is a great QB, we all know that.
His job is not to pay bills, grow grass, or hire or fire anyone in the organization, PERIOD.
If he doesn't want to stay in Green Bay then trade him for as much as possible, and we all move on.

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As my long gone Grandma used to say. "Crap or get off the pot". Why can't you (Rodgers) just make a decision already? I'll tell you why. Cause you have made yourself a mess that you can't blame on anybody but YOU. That goes against your very nature. Always somebody else at fault. Go away. I for one am just so sick of this BS. Sick of hearing your diatribe. Sick of seeing your stupid grin. Please heed Grandmas words.
Lol. Aaron is busy teaching his Fiancée about football and She is busy teaching Him about all of Her holistic and herb techniques; especially how to tan His ****** for vitamin D!!!! Could they REALLY be BOTH from California????!!!!! Perfect for each other

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets say rodgers was told he would be traded after 2020....people should understand that is possible

So team goes into 2020 off season think we r trading rodgers... We nedd back up..so they draft love.

If the rumor is true that we trade you after 2020...then why would he be mad they took a qb?

Because that rumor is implying that the front office told Rodgers they'd trade him after 2020 season in order to avoid this current situation...thus the drafting of Love without a heads up embarrassment still makes sense as a partial cause of Rodgers wanting our. Which many suspect was as soon as he heard that pick...Favres comments the day after told us as much and it sure sounded like Rodgers told Brett he wanted out of GB

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a zero percent chance Rodgers was told he would be traded after the 2020 season. ZERO. This is anonymous source B.S. with no basis in fact.

Reaction score
Incredible job by Wes and Mark, Peter, Jon Horst our GM made some incredible moves, and our stars played like stars. Can’t stop 34 #champs

— Aaron Rodgers (@AaronRodgers12) July 21, 2021

He just can't help himself, he is very petty IMO. Had the Bucks faltered earlier in the playoffs....the coach was likely gone. A win makes all the difference , had we won it all last year would this be a thing this offseason.
I noticed that also. It’s like he just can’t help himself. I think the word here is petulant.
We now know he was offered what amounts to a 1-2 year extension as the highest paid player in the league for the very likely next 3 seasons (we can’t verify that because we haven’t seen the guaranteed to work it backwards) It was probably in earshot of <=$45mil annual and he turned his nose up at it. That’s the type of audacity the FO is working with.

It’s really getting almost ridiculous, to the point the FO may just be forced to play hard ball and recoup whatever they can both in salary or draft picks in a fire sale.

If Aaron Rodgers doesn’t show up with bells on by July 27? If forced, we should move on from him as if he retired. This guy might just top Martellus as the ultimate Quitter.

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We now know he was offered what amounts to a 1-2 year extension as the highest paid player in the league for the very likely next 3 seasons (we can’t verify that because we haven’t seen the guaranteed to work it backwards) It was probably in earshot of <=$45mil annual and he turned his nose up at it. That’s the type of audacity the FO is working with.
Is he wanting more money? Or guaranteed cash for the next six years? Ultimately, if he's too expensive to keep, that's just as bad or worse than losing him.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jim McMahon was a lot better than a lot of people on this board think he was. And he was pretty much perfect for that bears team.
Imagine if a player in todays game threw a QB on their head like Charles Martin did against the Bears and Jim McMahon? They would do jail time. Could be why McMahon has dementia.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With no qualifiers, no he isn't I can name 4. Jeff George, Chris Chandler, Trent Green, and Daunte Culpepper. Now the first three only had 3 or 4 playoff games. But as to the long-term QBs that played in the playoffs more than 6 times, I think only Marino comes close at 26.2. I'm sure there are a few more, but not many. Rodgers is at 26.6 ppg on defense in the playoffs. I've said it for years, if the Packers had a defense like the Patriots, Rodgers would have 5 rings, not Brady. BTW, Brady's defense in the playoffs, 20.5. And that's a huge reason why he has so many rings.

Why the Packers have not been able to field a top defense over the years when they invested so many draft picks in defense is another topic for discussion (although last year they were pretty good). Unfortunately I do believe Rodgers' time with GB is at an end.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am frankly getting weary of this soap opera. I believe AR loves this attention and folks talking about it but I'm sick of it all. Aaron - TC starts next week. Gute isn't gonna trade you right now so **** or get off the pot! Either tell the Packers you are gonna sit this one out, retire or swallow your damn pride and report to TC.

Members online

Latest posts