Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So...if all we got for Rodgers was a 2022 #1 overall pick, would you take it? I think we would be crazy not to unless it was within the division.
Better to get something for him than nothing, I suppose. Although I understand there might be some satisfaction for some to freezing him out.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I had to do that deal, I'd be working another deal or two to get off of that spot and pick up more equity.
If you had this years #1, you can look at SFs deal this year, you can multiply that by 2. That's a lot of potential talent.

Of course there has to be an amazing QB available . . .

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm assuming that was referring to the shirt that Rodgers wore during an interview of him and Brady.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
If people hadn't yet realized this dude is passive aggressive.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's seeming pretty indignant at this point to the point where i don't know if his heart would be in it even if they managed to convince him to come back. Feels like the making of locker room cancer. I think the front office has handled this horrifically up to this point, but I think the damage is done and it's time to move on.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's seeming pretty indignant at this point to the point where i don't know if his heart would be in it even if they managed to convince him to come back. Feels like the making of locker room cancer. I think the front office has handled this horrifically up to this point, but I think the damage is done and it's time to move on.
Maybe, but I am hoping his competitiveness would win that battle. But yeah, there is the possibility that he would keep himself in an emotional slump (e.g., not listen to anyone) if he feels he did not win the off field battle. But I disagree the front office has handled the situation horribly. After all, he is a complicated feller.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he decides to sit out, what happens roster wise. I'm assuming he would not be part of the 53(55 this year?), would he technically then be on the PS or what?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he decides to sit out, what happens roster wise. I'm assuming he would not be part of the 53(55 this year?), would he technically then be on the PS or what?
jmo but if he wants to go the passive/aggressive route; he will sit out the number of games he is allowed and then return so the contract will advance a year. Luckily, the number of years he really has left to play very good football are limited. But to your point; I am not sure. But I think if he is not there, then we can have a complete roster and if he returns; we would have to make space for him. I think he would just be a no show. If he were on ps then probably his contract would run.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Emmanuel Acho has another spin on why Rodgers has sat out camps. While I agree that it might be a piece of the puzzle, I think it is a very tiny one and just happens to be consistent with his thought pattern of "I am Aaron Rodgers, I have earned the ability to have a say in anything that I think I should have a say in."

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not worried that AR will give his best if he comes back. I think he is too much of a competitor to do that. I'm curious as to what you think the FO should have done differently.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm not worried that AR will give his best if he comes back. I think he is too much of a competitor to do that. I'm curious as to what you think the FO should have done differently.
I don't disagree with you that Rodgers would probably put his full effort into his game, but I wouldn't agree with you if you think that is all that will be required to warrant him being back for just one year with the Packers. Basically, he will be the physical talent that we have seen, but unless they patch everything up with him and he is back "for good", I wouldn't want him back. I think the media circus that would be created by him playing in his final season for the Packers, knowing he is being traded wouldn't be worth it. I also think his negativity towards the organization would still exist and you don't want that rubbing off on teammates, intentional or otherwise.

Favre hemmed and hawed about retirement for a few seasons, that wasn't him not wanting to be a Green Bay Packer. I don't want a player, even the great flippin' Aaron Rodgers, playing for the Packers if his heart isn't in it.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't disagree with you that Rodgers would probably put his full effort into his game, but I wouldn't agree with you if you think that is all that will be required to warrant him being back for just one year with the Packers. Basically, he will be the physical talent that we have seen, but unless they patch everything up with him and he is back "for good", I wouldn't want him back. I think the media circus that would be created by him playing in his final season for the Packers, knowing he is being traded wouldn't be worth it. I also think his negativity towards the organization would still exist and you don't want that rubbing off on teammates, intentional or otherwise.
I don't know that I would want him back as a lame duck either. My preference by far would be for another 3 years at least but if it came down to trading him now, or after this season I don't know which one I would choose. It would be a media circus as you said and a potential huge distraction. Still, I am fairly confident that we would do much better with Rodgers than anyone else in 2021 so there is that. Part of me says trade him now and move on with Love and part of me says bring him back for another year to let Love develop some more. Given the way it has played so far I would probably lean towards trading him now and moving on because there is the chance he could get injured and become worthless. Honestly that's probably what worries me the most.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Emmanuel Acho has another spin on why Rodgers has sat out camps. While I agree that it might be a piece of the puzzle, I think it is a very tiny one and just happens to be consistent with his thought pattern of "I am Aaron Rodgers, I have earned the ability to have a say in anything that I think I should have a say in."
That goes along with my comment a few days ago that maybe Rodgers just wants an extended vacation.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds about right. I'll bet that Rodgers is just like Spalding on Caddyshack. "I want a WR! I want a new GM! I want respect! I want everyone to kiss my rear end! I want, I want, I want......... "You'll get nothing and like it!" Seems like a pompous country club type. Him and that weirdo DeShambeau could be long lost brothers. Get ready for another beatdown from Mr. Brady AR.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Since there was some chatter earlier in this thread about someone being disappointed in Rashan Gary, I thought I would put this here. Seems like the coaches and his teammates are excited about Rashan this year.

Reaction score
I needSince there was some chatter earlier in this thread about someone being disappointed in Rashan Gary, I thought I would put this here. Seems like the coaches and his teammates are excited about Rashan this year.

I agree. This is about the time you see a production jump in a young, high ceiling prospect (or many players for that matter) My only concern is having him playing 3rd fiddle Edge. He’s talented and in shape enough to be playing 75% of the D snaps.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I agree. This is about the time you see a production jump in a young, high ceiling prospect (or many players for that matter) My only concern is having him playing 3rd fiddle Edge. He’s talented and in shape enough to be playing 75% of the D snaps.
It's a great "problem" to have, but kind of an expensive one when you factor in the 2 Smith Brothers salaries. However, good timing since Gary still has 2 cheap years and a potential 5th year option to keep his cost down. Most of us talk about Preston being gone after this season, but Z Dog is scheduled to be a $28M cap hit in 2022, so this very well could be the last season we see all 3 in Green and Gold.

Members online

Latest posts