Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Act like a jr high girl?

Are girls more liable to act like jerks than boys?

I am not sure how old high svhool children are but I'll assume teenagers so being a jerk is all about their age & has nothing to do with gender.

ok rant over
Girls vrs boys - I think boys are somewhat more likely to be jerks.

I think the type of jerk is at issue. In my opinion. . .

A girl will be upset with another girl because of some social faux and will punish by talking behind there back, calling names, and ignoring.
Whereas a boy will be a jerk because some kid doesn't like the same band so he will confront him and resolve with argument or brawl.

Clearly AR's behavior is moreblike the former and not the latter.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actions speak louder
I mean, he was annoyed last year too i assume. He put up an MVP season so… To be clear, I’m not saying Rodgers is completely in the right and the FO is just terrible. I was simply pointing out that ppl hear what they want when athletes/coaches speak so it’s generally not in their best interest to talk that much.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

My understanding of the Barry Sanders issue was that his father, (also his agent) tried to force Detroit into paying him more, and held out on his contract. Detroit called his bluff and held him to his binding contract, effectively refusing to let him leave, so he retired but that wasn`t what he wanted. The Rodgers thing is totally different. I accept I may be wrong.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The contract stuff is right. The cover for all of it was that Barry was tired of losing and putting in the grind all for nothing. I'm sure that it was a combination of the two. If your team won't trade you, won't pay you more, and continually sucks despite your best efforts for a decade plus....most people might retire.

I bet you that Matt Stafford was elated to get traded while he still had some tread on his tires, and he was no where near Barry Sanders' talent level.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm offended.

Aww I`m sorry.

I'm assuming that was referring to the shirt that Rodgers wore during an interview of him and Brady.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Part of me wants to trade him, get as many assets as possible to improve the team and move on.

Part of me wants to double down on his pettiness and let him 'retire' or do whatever it is he wants to do and say screw it.. don't care about the picks.

An ever dropping percent wants him back under center. If back, sure, I'll cheer for his success to help the Packers, but really don't care what he has to say or does.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Part of me wants to trade him, get as many assets as possible to improve the team and move on.

Part of me wants to double down on his pettiness and let him 'retire' or do whatever it is he wants to do and say screw it.. don't care about the picks.

An ever dropping percent wants him back under center. If back, sure, I'll cheer for his success to help the Packers, but really don't care what he has to say or does.
If he isn't coming back "happy and to stay", I prefer he doesn't come back at all. If that is the case, I think the happy compromise for me would be to let him sit out, pout and not get paid in 2021 and then trade him for known 2022 draft assets before the start of free agency next year. No reason to trade him before then, draft picks now won't be known values and I don't care if we get a couple of good defensive players for 2021, they aren't going to be the difference to win a Super Bowl.

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the happy compromise for me would be to let him sit out, pout and not get paid in 2021 and then trade him for known 2022 draft assets before the start of free agency next year.
The only problem I see with this is I feel like his value, or at least our trade leverage and bargaining position, will diminish if he sits out the season. I can't say for sure that would be true, but it's a nagging feeling.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only problem I see with this is I feel like his value, or at least our trade leverage and bargaining position, will diminish if he sits out the season. I can't say for sure that would be true, but it's a nagging feeling.

My nagging feeling is that whomever he is traded to, the return won't be that great because Rodgers will make it known who he will/won't play for and if that is just one team then the Packers are just in the position of getting what they can get.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My nagging feeling is that whomever he is traded to, the return won't be that great because Rodgers will make it known who he will/won't play for and if that is just one team then the Packers are just in the position of getting what they can get.
Yep, that's another complication. Supposedly, Rodgers was demanding to be traded. I doubt that he's demanding to be traded to the Bengals. Or the Cowboys, obviously.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would say it will be just the opposite. Right now there are probably only a few teams that are in the market for Rodgers and even those teams have their plans in place for the 2021 season. At the end of every Football season, you have more teams looking for better QB's and I doubt that changes in 2022. More teams, the more you might get for him and the choosier the Packers can be on where he goes. His legs will be fresh, his mind will be fresh and he will be chomping at the bit to prove himself. As long as he wants to play, his trade value I think will be higher in 2022.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say it will be just the opposite. Right now there are probably only a few teams that are in the market for Rodgers and even those teams have their plans in place for the 2021 season. At the end of every Football season, you have more teams looking for better QB's and I doubt that changes in 2022. More teams, the more you might get for him and the choosier the Packers can be on where he goes. His legs will be fresh, his mind will be fresh and he will be chomping at the bit to prove himself. As long as he wants to play, his trade value I think will be higher in 2022.
And the potential for a current starter to go down from a serious injury (or surprise retirement) also exists, thus opening up more potential trade destinations.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
And the potential for a current starter to go down from a serious injury (or surprise retirement) also exists, thus opening up more potential trade destinations.
Very true, but the more and more I think about it, the more I like waiting until the season is over. Rodgers feels the sting of no income for the year and we know what draft picks teams hold that are wanting to trade for him.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very true, but the more and more I think about it, the more I like waiting until the season is over. Rodgers feels the sting of no income for the year and we know what draft picks teams hold that are wanting to trade for him.
It could work either way. I would rather get a #1 pick over 3 1sts that will likely average 20th at best, BUT those 3 1sts could also all turn into top 5 picks plus additional picks by trading down.

So...if all we got for Rodgers was a 2022 #1 overall pick, would you take it? I think we would be crazy not to unless it was within the division.

Members online

Latest posts