Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not about Favre, this is not about dislike for Rodgers or his play (overall outstanding QB for GB), rather about his attitude and how this entire situation is playing out. So......, suggesting a trade: GB sends Rodgers and Adams to Dallas in exchange for Dak Prescott and Amari Cooper; might need to add a 2nd or 3rd round pick on either side of the trade but this might be the answer. Also, might consider D. Bahktiari trade to Dallas for either their center or #2 tackle. Would be good for both teams and players, give the Jones's a chance to complete their legacy sooner rather than later (if ever).

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't mean this mean but to be blunt absolutely F****** not happening.

Don't get me wrong I love Dak Prescott, I labeled him the QB steal of his draft that year...but there is ZERO reason for Green Bay to waste getting any kind of serious capital back on Rodgers just so they can bring in Dak.

If you trade Rodgers, you have to give Love one solid year to gauge and judge what precisely type of QB he projects to be...and then use the draft capital to build around him or find a new QB of the future.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not about Favre, this is not about dislike for Rodgers or his play (overall outstanding QB for GB), rather about his attitude and how this entire situation is playing out. So......, suggesting a trade: GB sends Rodgers and Adams to Dallas in exchange for Dak Prescott and Amari Cooper; might need to add a 2nd or 3rd round pick on either side of the trade but this might be the answer. Also, might consider D. Bahktiari trade to Dallas for either their center or #2 tackle. Would be good for both teams and players, give the Jones's a chance to complete their legacy sooner rather than later (if ever).

I wouldn't want Prescott or Cooper Make it for draft picks and Lamb and I might think about it.

For the record I'm not a fan of the thread move but its not a big deal. Just an extra click of t he mouse.

Reaction score
I don't mean this mean but to be blunt absolutely F****** not happening.

Don't get me wrong I love Dak Prescott, I labeled him the QB steal of his draft that year...but there is ZERO reason for Green Bay to waste getting any kind of serious capital back on Rodgers just so they can bring in Dak.

If you trade Rodgers, you have to give Love one solid year to gauge and judge what precisely type of QB he projects to be...and then use the draft capital to build around him or find a new QB of the future.
True that.
Also, I think someone might want to run this by Mike McCarthy first. :whistling:

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read some pretty ugly things in the national media today about how "Aaron Rodgers doesn't owe the (Green Bay Packer) fans anything".

Has ANYBODY in this entire thread posted up that Aaron Rodgers "owes" us anything?

I sort of think he "owes" it to the Green Bay Packers to honor his contract that pays him millions of dollars.

No, we don't want no stinkin' Dak Prescott.

No.

But it would be the ultimate in irony and revenge to trade AR12 back to Mike TubCarthy.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers needs to come back to the Packers.. Period.

Both sides need to find a way to make that happen. Rodgers is our QB and the team needs him so we can't get over the NFCCG Hump and go to the Super Bowl. Love is NOT ready.. IMO

TEXPAC2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone really think Aaron would play for the coach he helped get rid of?

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Act like a jr high girl?

Are girls more liable to act like jerks than boys?

I am not sure how old high svhool children are but I'll assume teenagers so being a jerk is all about their age & has nothing to do with gender.

ok rant over

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt anyone would be willing to take a chance on Prescott anytime soon. His leg practically exploded last year

Reaction score
I would happily take the job to ruin their chances of ever winning the NFC Nort again.
That’s just plain funny there. :roflmao:
The selection of Love didn't close the championship window but definitely didn't improve the chances either. On the other side there are way too many fans implying that the Packers drafting him automatically opened it for another 15 years.
We’ll if that’s the case, Rodgers wouldn’t be here anyway. He’s gone after 5 tops. Most teams draft a QB a year or two earlier, so we’re basically full circle in 3* seasons making the same move.
Rodgers is blinded by his friendship with Nelson. Jordy Nelson gave up on the Packers in 2017 and was running out of steam. Even with a veteran minimum contract, he was not the kind of player that should have been on the roster.
The thing that doesn’t equate with that is we all know Jordy would be slightly better with Aaron slinging the ball than Oakland. So if that’s the case Jordy would’ve finished 700-900 yards range. That pretty significant production

Then we could argue that we are holding back our young talent by resigning Jordy. But we never really went out and signed a direct replacement.

The last part I’ll leave with is this. We could’ve done a better job phasing guys like Jordy or Cobb out. At least make them a reasonable offer or choose your battles verses emptying Aaron’s Arsenal and not replenishing.
While i don’t agree with Aaron playing martyr role and allowing controversy to reign supreme, he is correct about the matter of Jordy, Cobb and timing on others, including his coaches that were close to him. We pretended like we didn’t know these guys after they played/coached their hearts out and lived in GB. It might’ve just been “business” but it was not good business, there’s a difference. Gute played this like a Ninentendo video game and these are people and they were close to our Star QB, just give him a nod once every so often. We know now it will probably cost us 3-5 seasons of a HOF QB.

I’m not necessarily taking sides, just pointing my observations is all it’s not my gig. Aaron then compounded the friction the FO initiated by doubling down on insensitive. Now it’s frustrating for everyone down the line. I guess you could say whatever the FO did didn’t work. If this is the best we see from this chain of command thing? We’ve failed our organization. That’s my survey.

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree in that I've never been onboard with the GMs that don't have those conversations. They don't need to be the macho, business men all of the time. Calling the guys and letting them know that you are letting them go is the mature thing to do. Some of these guys just don't have the nuts to do it. It's easier to just not have the conversation.

Reaction score
I agree in that I've never been onboard with the GMs that don't have those conversations. They don't need to be the macho, business men all of the time. Calling the guys and letting them know that you are letting them go is the mature thing to do. Some of these guys just don't have the nuts to do it. It's easier to just not have the conversation.
Maybe you hit on something. Many companies have exit interviews. They should consider that.

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it is now on BBC.

I got an alert today & it took me to the bbc.co.uk website

it was a rehash of what has already been said BUT as NFL is a very minor sport over here for it to make the BBC is BIG news.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy says NO!!!!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, you mean the other Jimmy G.;)

Like you said, the decisions they made to let certain players walk away were good business decisions unfortunately they didn't replace those players to keep the coffers full. They were hit with a double whammy when some of the players they did choose did not pan out. So they chose not to replace Nelson, Cobb, and Jones (with high draft picks) and let the WR room become thin. That may not have been so bad if the players they did choose had panned out and made our defense better but when those picks didn't pan out we now had more than one weak spot to cover up. And just because I don't think I said it enough here's one more...pan out.
Everyone realizes he threw for 4,300 yards last year...right? So if we had drafted differently; he would have thrown for what?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4,500? 5000? maybe even 4,000 Who knows
I don't think he has ever thrown for 5,000 yards. Just wanting to point out the obvious that when a person is butthurt because of something (or lack of) and that something did not turn out to be a problem; then he should not dwell on it. imho that should also include fans. Actually, not really sure I should have included you. Probably should not have unless you say different. I am just a bit tired of people still crying because we have not drafted a WR high. So I pointed out that we are not doing poorly there.

Reaction score
I didn’t see this posted anywhere, but if I missed it I apologize beforehand.
It Starts getting very pricey and these fines are mandatory and over and above contractual losses per the new CBA, which was approved just last season.
Also, notice the penalty date had accelerated forward as it’s no longer in August.

Also my concern was him faking an injury. However, it’s not the team or players representative who decides a players injury status (if they fake an injury). It’s an outside arbitrator that makes the designation and they have no-biased interest protecting the player or team. Which to me means it’s unlikely to fake an injury because it would jeopardize the integrity of the player AND likely not work anyhow. Which they likely lose an accrued season, lose heavy monetarily salaries and bonuses, pay daily fines and go stale in the process. Not including having the paparazzi getting in the MVP’s face daily.

To me it’s becoming clearer. Rodgers will have to poop or get off the pot. If he stays in it he’s going to get severely constipated. :sneaky:

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Rodgers the first guy to hold out because the administration doesn't treat people right?
Seems like an odd reason to hold out. I'm sure a lot of that is Rodgers' spin though.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Rodgers the first guy to hold out because the administration doesn't treat people right?
Seems like an odd reason to hold out. I'm sure a lot of that is Rodgers' spin though.
He only doesn’t like how they make decisions. Primarily because he doesn’t get them sent through him first.

Members online

Latest posts