Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Sorry I know this is basic but I wasn't brought up in USA.

No worries Mate, I have been following NFL and College Football most of my life and I still don't understand all of the little nuances with Salary Cap. The salary cap rules are some of the hardest things to keep track of in football. Contracts aren’t always clear on how much of a hit certain teams are taking in regards to cap space, and it can be difficult for fans to keep track of.

Personally, I like this site for looking at players Salaries and how they are broken down. As well as Cap information. There are several other sites, I just happen to like this one.

Davante Adams Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not dumb at all … it is a very common negotiating tactic that several players have used in the past. The only one dumb is you for reducing your disagreement to a personal attack.

Thanks man, I don't even have to unignore anyone to know what that was all about. Children will be children and sad that they are that way around a new poster like Phil, that you or anyone in here has to explain it.

Last edited:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not dumb at all … it is a very common negotiating tactic that several players have used in the past. The only one dumb is you for reducing your disagreement to a personal attack.

You really think Rodgers would intentionally get hurt or fake getting hurt?

Good grief. It’s dumb!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You really think Rodgers would intentionally get hurt or fake getting hurt?

Good grief. It’s dumb!
I have no idea what Rodgers might do. Before this year I never thought he would hold out and or demand a trade … at this point neither one of us has any idea. Furthermore, while personally I believe faking an injury is despicable, there are several agents out there that I’m quite sure are quietly suggesting that their clients do just that. To assume that Rodgers is above that if he feels he is being wronged is a bit naive in my opinion.

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it comes down to personal integrity.

has anyone called in sick when they weren't?

Or called off and claimed a prior commitment.

I never have but I know people who have & football players are human & therefore subject to same drives as us mere mortals... & NO not implying that Rodgers or anyother Packer has done this or is planning on doing it

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I have no idea what Rodgers might do. Before this year I never thought he would hold out and or demand a trade … at this point neither one of us has any idea. Furthermore, while personally I believe faking an injury is despicable, there are several agents out there that I’m quite sure are quietly suggesting that their clients do just that. To assume that Rodgers is above that if he feels he is being wronged is a bit naive in my opinion.

You are right, anything is possible and while I never suggested that Rodgers should feign an injury or that he actually would, I told Phil to be careful what he wished for, because I am guessing its happened before and always a possibility, even if its remote. I also agree with you about Rodgers current behavior being one I wouldn't have expected from him years ago. He is in a stare down with the Packers and as much as he loves games, I don't think we have seen the last of his moves.

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't ask for Rodgers to be hurt & I did say that in my post. I was asking the question what would happen if he was hurt?

It can happen. he has had a few head injuries & been out on concussion protocol, which is only right

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup. Been saying that since the draft. The longer the Packers wait, the less they get in a trade. I understand them wanting to see if Rodgers will flinch, but even if he does, to what end? Rodgers wants changes, what those changes are could be as minor as a new contract, the firing of Gute, trading of Love or he simply has decided that he won't ever play for the Packers again. Sounds like the Packers have tried to make changes, maybe Aaron made some concessions too? If it gets as messy as Aaron not showing for mandatory practices and fines are levied, can this really ever be put behind both sides enough, for both of them to be happy long term?
No.

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can understand a player wanting to protect his place on a team.

but Rodgers did mention that when he came to green bay he wasn't made that welcome by Favre.

ok we will never know who said what to who but there was tension.

Now Rodgers in in Favre's place & Love in Rodgers & we are seeing how the shoe fits?

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not wishing for anything just asking the question. I will be honest I don't fully understand all of the nuances of salary cap & what happens with players who are injured from a salary cap view point.

I'm British, live in England,

region North East

County Durham

Now fans of Newcastle United Football club are Geordies (pronounced Jordi (as in nelson)) & fans of Sunderland are Mackem. On that basis I'm a Geordie BUT as I live in County Durham I'm also known as a Pit Yacker.

ok
From what I read on here, nobody fully understands the salary cap or any of that other crap either. I know I don't. I know this - Rodgers is being a real ****. You already know my opinion. Bye Bye see ya later. It's been real.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you actually read my entire post?

How would the Packers forcing Rodgers to retire instead of trading him for a bunch of assets help the team and Love specifically?

Why would you want to forget about Rodgers? He is still the Packers #1 asset, whether he plays for them or is traded. Sitting him in a corner and let what value he has left to the organization just rot away, because you want to make a power play? That sounds more like an ego move more than one that actually could work out well for the Packers in the end.
Actually, no I didn't read your entire post. You tend to get a little long-winded. Would you agree that Rodgers most likely has one of the biggest egos ever? I would but maybe that's just me. Seems to me that what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Who cares if it turns into an ego thing? It already has for Rodgers. He probably is still pissed about being booed at Lambeau when Favre returned with the lowly Vikings and won by the way. Rodgers has been fantastic in most cases but let's be honest. They got lucky as hell at least 3 times with Hail Mary passes. He has a losing record in playoff games. Isn't that the bottom line? By the way, I would prefer that my #1 asset be my #1 guy period both physically, mentally and emotionally. That's a #1 guy.

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A top player gives his all of the time. & looks out for those in the locker room too.

Mind you if he's a team captain he must be liked in the locker room?

My understanding is the players pick the captains?

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You said it’s a common tactic. I’d love to see some evidence of that. If it’s common, there should be plenty.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I’d like to take umbrage with this statement.

Calling an idea dumb, is not a personal attack. Calling an accusation, or saying a statement is dumb, is not a personal attack. It is simply stating that, like mentioned, the idea is dumb. The idea, not the person.

Asking what’s wrong with somebody for insinuating a person will fake an injury to get out of playing isn’t a personal affable either. That’s a legitimate question.

If either of those are personal attacks, it makes sense why certain people block anybody who disagrees with them. Bloody pathetic.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Rodgers can screw with the Packers if he comes back and there really isn't much they can do about it without getting the NFLPA involved. Teams and players are still bound by the CBA. He can draw a hard line with respect to coming in early/staying late and basically only be in the facility when other players are there. If the Packers expect him to be available beyond what is expected of the other players he could file a grievance. No show at optional team building activities and no more taking the o-line out to dinner. He could show up for the first scheduled meeting/practice of the day and leave immediately after the last. Go back to his home, turn off the phone and say F-you, see you tomorrow.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's not a good way to stay healthy though. If he really wants one more big contract somewhere else it would be in his best interest to play well and stay healthy.

TEXPAC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think both pretty much have the same effect.
  • Packers still retain his rights
  • Packers don't pay him a salary
  • Some prepaid money could be gone after by the Packers
  • Dead cap is dead cap, you can't trade, sit or retire that away. Only difference is they might be able to break it up over the 3 remaining years if he sits.
Both retirement and sitting are not options that are under the Packers control. They will indirectly effect either decision, but the choice to do either is 100% up to Rodgers.

That isn't a concern. There will be teams who want him, just how much are they willing to pay?
Not wishing for anything just asking the question. I will be honest I don't fully understand all of the nuances of salary cap & what happens with players who are injured from a salary cap view point.

I'm British, live in England,

region North East

County Durham

Now fans of Newcastle United Football club are Geordies (pronounced Jordi (as in nelson)) & fans of Sunderland are Mackem. On that basis I'm a Geordie BUT as I live in County Durham I'm also known as a Pit Yacker.

ok
It is time for ARod to stop being a jerk and quit acting like he is the authority on all things Green & Gold. He needs to understand the meaning of TEAM and understand that the Packers will far outlive him and most likely his legacy as well......

GO PACK GO is cheered, not GO AARON GO!!!!!!!

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it gets as messy as Aaron not showing for mandatory practices and fines are levied, can this really ever be put behind both sides enough, for both of them to be happy long term?

Aaron isn't going to be happy long term anywhere he goes. He might as well be unhappy with the Packers while winning MVP's and (hopefully) Lombardi Trophies.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can tell there are some really bad poker players on this board. They probably get bluffed into folding on every hand.

Members online

Latest posts