Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
How am I making a claim that's not true. Sportsnet published exactly what I originally stated that Rogers wants Gute fired. You challenged me to provide a source and I did, period.
We simply agree to disagree.
You claimed this:
So you're saying you should not believe anything that is published unless you agree.
It's a false claim. I did not say that.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I decided to rank the trios shown. The first number is the number of times they led the league in QBR. The second number is their career QBR. Even though it's unfair to compare one era to another, the number of times they had the #1 QBR in the league would compare them favorably to their peers.

Packers
Starr - 4 - 80.5
Favre - 0 -81.8
Rodgers - *3 - 104.2 (* Because he's leading the league this year, and it would be his 4th)

49ers
Brodie -1 - 72.3
Montana -2 - 92,3
Young 6 - 96.8

Patriots
Grogan - 0 - 69.6
Bledsoe - 0 - 80.1
Brady - 2 - 97.6

Washington
Baugh - 3 - 72.2
Jurgensen - 1 - 81.6
Theismann - 0 77.4
Kilmer - 0 - 71.6

The only trio that I see as being close would be the 49ers. The other two, good, but definitely not contenders.
Very minor point, but wasn't Favre's career passer rating 86.0?

D

Deleted member 6794

I was just making a point of how this kind of action can adversely affect the team. Rogers is not T.O. or even close. So now it appears that the Pack is headed into the playoffs, and Rogers starts this again.....REALLY???

As far as I know Rodgers has been quiet about his issues with the Packers front office since his first press conference about reporting to camp. Not sure what you're talking about.

I'm not a cap genius by any stretch, but I would think extending Rodgers, extending Davante, and extending Jaire would go an extremely long way to getting close enough to the cap number for next year. Z'Darius is likely all but gone given his cap number unless he's extended, but the Packers have been successful this season without him and with the back concerns,

The Packers could save up to $30 million of cap space for next season by extending Alexander and Rodgers. With Adams being set to become a free agent next offseason he would definitely account for an additional cap hit if the team ends up signing him though.

Okay, on Sportsnet the article written by Heather Mosses states that there is 0 percent chance that Rodgers will stay in Green Bay if they don't get rid of Gute.
Now, no reference is made as to the basis of that statement.
I have no idea why Rogers would bring this up leaving G.B. again at this time, do you? Also he received a signing bonus of around 57 million for a four year contract. Will he return 75% of that?

I have never heard of Heather Mosses, I recommend to completely ignore her take. In addition Rodgers hasn't brought up that he's leaving Green Bay next offseason, that has solely been speculated upon by some talking heads.

While the Packers could try to recoup a portion of Rodgers' signing bonus if he decides to retire before the contract is up there's no way of him returning any money if he's traded.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are times when it appears Rodgers doesn't see the field too well, but there are times, like this path, where he sees things that are so amazing that you have to watch several times, to realize just how good he is at finding his targets.

I'm not posting this to spark an argument over his "waning skills," but to point out that you can go a lifetime as a football fan, and never see anything like this happen, from most QBs. For Rodgers, things close to being like this happen quite often, and we take them for granted. It's all about the receiver and QB believing in each other, and being in tune as to where the ball will go.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
There are times when it appears Rodgers doesn't see the field too well, but there are times, like this path, where he sees things that are so amazing that you have to watch several times, to realize just how good he is at finding his targets.

I'm not posting this to spark an argument over his "waning skills," but to point out that you can go a lifetime as a football fan, and never see anything like this happen, from most QBs. For Rodgers, things close to being like this happen quite often, and we take them for granted. It's all about the receiver and QB believing in each other, and being in tune as to where the ball will go.

Just the way that they didn't practice it last week ;)

Obviously, I am joking, but its true that Rodgers didn't practice, yet he and MVS were in perfect sync on that play. Remove the defenders and its just a perfect route and pass. Now add in those 2-3 defenders and you get the sense just how well Rodgers sees the field and can have pinpoint accuracy to boot. I am guessing, but I would say at least 50% or more QB's. don't make that throw, because it looks covered. If they do, the pass or timing of it is off just enough, that its incomplete or intercepted.

Favre was known for these types of "gun slinger passes", but he was also known for missing them and having them turn into an interception.

I had to crunch some numbers but when I compared Favre and Rodgers on attempts and interceptions, the results were eye popping.

So I wanted to see at which point in his career Favre equaled Rodgers total interceptions for his career as a starter in Green Bay. I looked at only the years that both Rodgers and Favre were starters.

Rodgers:

92 Interceptions
6,993 pass attempts
13.75 years

Favre:

93 interceptions
3,201 pass attempts
6 years

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He has so many throws like this that would be easy INTs for the defense for most QBs...to the point that I *still* to this day find myself thinking "That's a dangerous throw, probably going to get picked" and then a split-second later saying "Silly me, of course it was right in the exact 6" window it needed to be, as usual"

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Heck of a throw. You can see the defender facing the far sideline and so Rodgers knew the ball would not be picked...at least by him.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has so many throws like this that would be easy INTs for the defense for most QBs...to the point that I *still* to this day find myself thinking "That's a dangerous throw, probably going to get picked" and then a split-second later saying "Silly me, of course it was right in the exact 6" window it needed to be, as usual"
Over the years, we've started to take it for granted that he's going to just make those throws. Then we start complaining about the low throws that hit the dirty, saying he's "lost it." The truth is, those throws into the dirt are to insure that the pass cannot be intercepted, and at best, the only one who can catch it would be the receiver. We can rest assured that if Rodgers thought the ball could be thrown higher, with a relatively safe assumption it would be a completion, not an INT, it would have been up. Picking those throws out as saying he's lost it is not in the slightest bit factual.

On the long throws, that sail past his receivers, that's par for the course with most QBs. They happen on a fairly regular basis.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Over the years, we've started to take it for granted that he's going to just make those throws. Then we start complaining about the low throws that hit the dirty, saying he's "lost it." The truth is, those throws into the dirt are to insure that the pass cannot be intercepted, and at best, the only one who can catch it would be the receiver. We can rest assured that if Rodgers thought the ball could be thrown higher, with a relatively safe assumption it would be a completion, not an INT, it would have been up. Picking those throws out as saying he's lost it is not in the slightest bit factual.

On the long throws, that sail past his receivers, that's par for the course with most QBs. They happen on a fairly regular basis.
I would also add that over the years, we have all noticed that sometimes the receiver and Rodgers are not on the same page. I tend to think in many of those cases, it is receiver error.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We were spoiled by peak Rodgers from 2009 to 2011. The one who had near perfect games against the Cardinals, Falcons, and Steelers in the playoffs - where he would have thrown for over 400 yards against the Falcons and Steelers if it weren't for dropped passes. Rodgers isn't THAT good anymore, but he's still better than most. He can still make pinpoint passes like we saw against the Ravens, but not with the frequency like in 2009-2011.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would also add that those low throws in the dirt seem to have stopped. He is also leading his receivers much better. He had a couple off years no matter what the stats seem to show.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
We were spoiled by peak Rodgers from 2009 to 2011. The one who had near perfect games against the Cardinals, Falcons, and Steelers in the playoffs - where he would have thrown for over 400 yards against the Falcons and Steelers if it weren't for dropped passes. Rodgers isn't THAT good anymore, but he's still better than most. He can still make pinpoint passes like we saw against the Ravens, but not with the frequency like in 2009-2011.
I think it also had a lot to do with the receiving group that Rodgers had in his early years being much better than he has now.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think winning the MVP last year and being in a strong position to do so again shows that he's better than all.
Of course we'd like to see some more Lombardis in there. I know football is a team game, but most don't give the credit without the championships. I wonder how many Super Bowls we'd have if MLF had been our coach throughout Rodgers' tenure.

I don't want to be too rough on McCarthy there, the answer could be none. But I'm guessing mulitples.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course we'd like to see some more Lombardis in there. I know football is a team game, but most don't give the credit without the championships. I wonder how many Super Bowls we'd have if MLF had been our coach throughout Rodgers' tenure.

I don't want to be too rough on McCarthy there, the answer could be none. But I'm guessing mulitples.
Based on the body of work we've seen from LeFleur to this point, there's a good chance there would have been more than one. It's an interesting thought. Just conjecture though.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I don't know, was MLF out of High School when Rodgers was drafted?

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, was MLF out of High School when Rodgers was drafted?
I assumed he was referring to the quality of coaching, not age. But, as a reference, he was born in 1979. He's 42. Figure 12 years ago, he'd have been 30. Just getting into it from an experience factor. His coaching career, in the pros, began in 2008. His track record through the pros is impressive. He was a protégé of Kyle Shanahan, and has a track record of being excellent, working with QBs.

The end

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miami

Earl Morrall 1 74.1
Bob Griese 1 77.1
Dan Marino 1 86.4
These were three pretty darned good QBs in my opinion. I saw all three lead teams to a lot of wins. The surprising thing is that Marino, probably the best of the three, was the only one who never was on a Championship team.

D

Deleted member 6794

I would also add that those low throws in the dirt seem to have stopped. He is also leading his receivers much better. He had a couple off years no matter what the stats seem to show.

Rodgers' off years would still have been pretty good ones for most other quarterbacks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts