Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am stunned by how frank and open he is in his presser. I thought he would be very coy and not say much but he has been VERY open and honest, not that I agree with everything that he said.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2022 year is still held and controlled by the Packers, nothing reported or cited changes that? What am I missing? Yes I get and fully understand the aspects of change which have occurred, which really are no brainers and don't change much if anything except into 2023.

I read the bold portion as Rodgers can force the team to trade him after this season if he desires...not that he can choose the team but he can force a trade

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read the bold portion as Rodgers can force the team to trade him after this season if he desires...not that he can choose the team but he can force a trade

I'm struggling to understand how that could be, but maybe more information will be released that is verfied or credible and we all will know.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm struggling to understand how that could be, but maybe more information will be released that is verfied or credible and we all will know.
Maybe he said in his press conference...but it sounded like from bold text that they wrote some clause into his contract and were going to sign it to get him to play this season

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Schefter mentioned in his reporting that Rodgers would have the freedom to dictate where he wanted to play next season, but that statement was sort of vague and lacking in specifics. I was assuming that statement had some truth to it, but Rodgers just confirmed in his presser that he has not been given the right to choose where he wants to play next season so I'll concede that point.

It's not just you-- I've seen a lot of people using language like that. I've been kind of confused. Maybe the team told him that, all else being equal in terms of compensation, they would take his preferences into account?

Reaction score
I was thinking something a little more creative

It's no question that I'm a huge Rodgers fan. And I will be after he leaves Green Bay. But I was also Packers fan before Rodgers came aboard, and I will be when he's gone as well.
Nicely said.
I’m with you on that one. Some people may look at my posts as anti-Rodgers. I’m actually not and for years I have defended his behavior through minimizing/excusing it. You may remember PackAttack that we have agreed in many things in the past and I didn’t change overnight. But when his behavior divides my Packer family? I’ll be the first to call him out on it.. even at the expense of appearing anti-Anti Rodgers on the surface. I’d love to see him learn from this and grow. I’m still going to root for him, I have to forgive him continually regardless, it’s part of my faith mission. Listen, If I can forgive my Mother-in-Law? Rodgers is easy! :roflmao:
Good to see him show today. That’s a start.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, we can't know what their intentions were for certain, but I feel pretty confident that they didn't draft Love planning to let Rodgers play out the entirety of his contract.
Sorry if I am taking you out of context but I don't think I am. I wanted to say that you cannot be confident about that w/o saying that it would be completely based on how well they thought Love could play in the NFL. And so really, they could not know about future plans for Rodgers. Only if...thens.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I tend to side with management on this whole issue, I actually do agree with Rodgers that he should have more input into personnel. Not because he's entitled to it, I just think it would be a good idea. Does anybody really think that the Packers would have been less successful during the last decade if Rodgers would have had (as he put it) "a little more input"? I would guess the opposite would be true.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has for years "through other sources" spoken about wanting more weapons on offense...the team literally set efficiency records last year for crying out loud...was undefeated another year in the regular season. This team in all of Rodgers career IMO has lost NFCCGs due to our issues on the defensive side of the ball....hence why so much focus in drafts and Free Agency has revolved around attempting to solve the weakest side of the ball.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I tend to side with management on this whole issue, I actually do agree with Rodgers that he should have more input into personnel. Not because he's entitled to it, I just think it would be a good idea. Does anybody really think that the Packers would have been less successful during the last decade if Rodgers would have had (as he put it) "a little more input"? I would guess the opposite would be true.
I agree, and while the MLF hire seems to have been a great one, it feels flat out bizarre and egotistical by MM and Gute that they wouldn't ask AR for ANY input.

From a player perspective, the guys AR named as being unceremoniously let go, for most of them, it seemed like their time. But why not get his input? I guess the risk would be; seeking his input, deciding against it at a rate that would bristle him, and pissing him off that way too. So idk. When he named all those guys in his presser it sounded a little like he was just annoyed that they sent his buddies packing. I liked how the one media member called him out by saying something like "letting some of those players go appear to have been the correct move as they were awarded big contracts and their play fell off" to where AR had to backtrack and say something like "well im not mandating they keep all of those guys, just wanted them to have my input".

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Aaron understands the cap nearly as well as Russ Ball...I'd say if Aaron wants the team to handle veterans differently he should need to express and explain to Russ how fiscally it is justified.

I agree, many of the guys he listed off were not worth their price any longer...I would concur that I'd not have let any of them hit the door without an offer - it may have to be an offer that is prefaced with "We know you deserve more than this, but we simply cannot fiscally make it work - however we couldn't let you leave without at minimum offering what we can and accept the most likely decline."

Problem is many see offers like this as offensive to the exiting player....there isn't a great way to handle veteran departures often times.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Aaron understands the cap nearly as well as Russ Ball...I'd say if Aaron wants the team to handle veterans differently he should need to express and explain to Russ how fiscally it is justified.

I agree, many of the guys he listed off were not worth their price any longer...I would concur that I'd not have let any of them hit the door without an offer - it may have to be an offer that is prefaced with "We know you deserve more than this, but we simply cannot fiscally make it work - however we couldn't let you leave without at minimum offering what we can and accept the most likely decline."

Problem is many see offers like this as offensive to the exiting player....there isn't a great way to handle veteran departures often times.

You're assuming again that Rodgers is asking for input on EVERY single decision when he's made it clear in his presser (if you were paying attention) that he wants input on things that directly affect his job. QB coach, input on WR #3-5 on who he feels most comfortable with, etc.

Plus it's a culture thing AROUND THE LEAGUE, if you're a vet and you hear negative chit about GB from other vets or your mentor who got treated bad at the end of their deals.. you're gonna give pause and think differently about going to that team.

For all those "I side with management" guys...... VETS ARE NOT SIGNING TO PLAY FOR THE G ON THAT HELMET. They are playing for Rodgers #1, and money/location being huge factors as well. You treat your star players differently in small markets. This isn't Dallas, this isn't NY, this isn't LA where you can sell an organization on so many other things other than "RODGERS"

Reaction score
While I tend to side with management on this whole issue, I actually do agree with Rodgers that he should have more input into personnel. Not because he's entitled to it, I just think it would be a good idea.
I’m totally ok with that. But sometimes as a GM I’m going to disagree and sometimes agree. Give n take.

I don’t think it hurts to give him some minimal say on a particular O Coach or O player.. but as Tyni said.. our D has been the primary weakness, not Offense. Just give the guy some respect, they’ve been toying with him since Gute got in there. Gute needs to also own up to his part in getting this rolling the wrong way.

I would’ve given him a bone and resigned Cobb 2 years ago on a cheap 3X16.5mil deal/50%. That would’ve just been prudent. That throwing the ball away and Rookies running all over the map was just like a circus. btw I said it then too, so nobody can say I’m a Monday Morning QB etc..

Last edited:
Reaction score
You're assuming again that Rodgers is asking for input on EVERY single decision when he's made it clear in his presser (if you were paying attention) that he wants input on things that directly affect his job. QB coach, input on WR #3-5 on who he feels most comfortable with, etc.

Plus it's a culture thing AROUND THE LEAGUE, if you're a vet and you hear negative chit about GB from other vets or your mentor who got treated bad at the end of their deals.. you're gonna give pause and think differently about going to that team.

For all those "I side with management" guys...... VETS ARE NOT SIGNING TO PLAY FOR THE G ON THAT HELMET. They are playing for Rodgers #1, and money/location being huge factors as well. You treat your star players differently in small markets. This isn't Dallas, this isn't NY, this isn't LA where you can sell an organization on so many other things other than "RODGERS"
I gave you a like. That said, there’s far more fans that put blame on both GM AND QB. It’s just more fun to talk about Rodgers part. :roflmao:

One or the other should’ve just come clean and apologized. It’s amazing what an apology will accomplish given some time. I F up all the time si I’m good at apologies! Trust me I know

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

read back my comment - nothing I said really disagrees with you. If he wants more input he must understand how it all impacts everything - fiscal piece of the pie is massive.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR doesn't need a contractual veto on where he's traded. Who is going to give up meaningful draft capital to acquire AR if he says he doesn't want to go to that particular team? Then the acquiring team would be the Packers 2.0 with this diva.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
AR doesn't need a contractual veto on where he's traded. Who is going to give up meaningful draft capital to acquire AR if he says he doesn't want to go to that particular team? Then the acquiring team would be the Packers 2.0 with this diva.
Bingo! With 2023 voided any team that trades for Rodgers after this season is getting only 1 year unless he is willing to sign a new contract as part of the trade. No sane GM is going to send multiple picks to the Packers unless they have a new deal in place.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love how he handed management their ***** in his presses and didn’t really hold back lol. He even mentioned TT didn’t really do **** either. Murphy is a lame duck and so is Gute. I can really tell how Even in Adams Presser our two best players are done with Gute and Murphy. Gute comes off to me as a weasel anyways so it’s not shocking nothing has progressed with Adams just like it didn’t with Rodgers.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just watched the press conference. Didn't change my mind one bit. "People come to Green Bay to play with me." To believe it is one thing. To come out and say it is mind blowing. Same stupid smirk when he talks. I always thought that Rodgers was the smartest dude in the room but to basically crap on the team and the city, "Green Bay isn't a vacation destination" you locals should be outraged. Both sides of his mouth. Seems to be contagious. Sickening, despicable human being. Worst thing, everybody is kissing his feet like the Savior himself. I am as guilty as anyone for backing this guy but I have seen the light. Go toward the light people. I am done. Peace out, good luck and God help us all.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
In fairness, not all GM's are sane.
Thank you for speaking my mind Dantes. The trick is to identify which ones are insane and calling on them when they are at their most desperately feeble moment. :)

March 15th is a good time usually.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just watched the press conference. Didn't change my mind one bit. "People come to Green Bay to play with me." To believe it is one thing. To come out and say it is mind blowing. Same stupid smirk when he talks. I always thought that Rodgers was the smartest dude in the room but to basically crap on the team and the city, "Green Bay isn't a vacation destination" you locals should be outraged. Both sides of his mouth. Seems to be contagious. Sickening, despicable human being. Worst thing, everybody is kissing his feet like the Savior himself. I am as guilty as anyone for backing this guy but I have seen the light. Go toward the light people. I am done. Peace out, good luck and God help us all.

It's like he's been reading my comments hey

AGreen2AJones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why didn't one of these, just one Packers beat reporter, ask Aaron or anybody about what the team can do to be better, how they can get over the NFCC hump...how to get back there? They all asked the same thing. Horrible reporters.

Members online

Latest posts