Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It is true that winning cures everything. I hope Rodgers does well since I hope the Packers do well.

But I'm curious, since you seem to be the Ultimate Rodgers fan, will you be changing your name to BroncAttack12 if he goes to Denver after the upcoming season?
I was thinking something a little more creative ;)

It's no question that I'm a huge Rodgers fan. And I will be after he leaves Green Bay. But I was also Packers fan before Rodgers came aboard, and I will be when he's gone as well.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
If I read this correctly, doesn't this effectively destroy (or at least severely limit) Rodgers' trade value? Whatever team trades for him would only get one year. Rodgers apparently would have to approve the trade. Or perhaps Rodgers can just demand a straight up release, which would mean we get nothing for him.
He would agree to a new deal upon approving the trade.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said, I bet most don't win without their star players and I doubt Brady wins much on the other teams and coaches around the league either. Always seems to have a lights out defense.

But as the point was, players from every team around the league are unhappy at some point. GB isn't driving players away.

The difference between GB and almost every other NFL team is...that no one wants to work in GB. They have that added hurdle

I'd agree with a large work force you're never gonna make everyone happy. There's always gonna be guys that complain about everything...

But the fact remains that GB isn't a desired destination for NFL players on its own. The only reason they've been able to attract free agents over the last 30 years are named Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers

So is the FO driving players away? Not yet but if they lose Rodgers and Love doesn't step right in and show he's number 3...they aren't gonna attracting many free agents.

Basically it doesn't matter what the Fo does if they have the benefit of a fhof qb that can make guys money and give them a legit chance every year at a super bowl. But once that's gone the way the FO treats the employees is absolutely going to drive players away

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The difference between GB and almost every other NFL team is...that no one wants to work in GB. They have that added hurdle

I'd agree with a large work force you're never gonna make everyone happy. There's always gonna be guys that complain about everything...

But the fact remains that GB isn't a desired destination for NFL players on its own. The only reason they've been able to attract free agents over the last 30 years are named Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers

So is the FO driving players away? Not yet but if they lose Rodgers and Love doesn't step right in and show he's number 3...they aren't gonna attracting many free agents.

Basically it doesn't matter what the Fo does if they have the benefit of a fhof qb that can make guys money and give them a legit chance every year at a super bowl. But once that's gone the way the FO treats the employees is absolutely going to drive players away
They been tied up with salary cap crap and had Gm that were known not to pay.

You take away the salary cap stuff I "think" they could play players and players would come.

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

GB not being a place NFL'ers want to play? What is the basis for that? NFL guys want to play for winners, no matter where they are located. Yes, some are more desireable but bottom line for these guys is 1st money talks, 2nd can I win that ring in 1-2 years and finally, will I fit into the team. This is not where these guys will retire, this is about the today and a short tomorrow.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Baloney. They'll go where they can get paid. For every player that wants the lights of NY there are guys that like smaller town atmospheres. Some might not like cold, others relish it. Some need the nightlife, some can focus on their job for a few months. The only thing that is going to keep people away is if we stop paying them.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB not being a place NFL'ers want to play? What is the basis for that? NFL guys want to play for winners, no matter where they are located. Yes, some are more desireable but bottom line for these guys is 1st money talks, 2nd can I win that ring in 1-2 years and finally, will I fit into the team. This is not where these guys will retire, this is about the today and a short tomorrow.

Did you read my comment? Yeah they wanna play in GB cuz they wanna win but that has entirely to do with first Favre and now Rodgers...take them away and how much winning would of been going on?

Without a fhof qb nobody wanted to come to GB and there's guys that still don't even with a fhof qb. Because remember this is just their job and some people may wanna raise their family in a bigger city, simple as that

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you read my comment? Yeah they wanna play in GB cuz they wanna win but that has entirely to do with first Favre and now Rodgers...take them away and how much winning would of been going on?

Without a fhof qb nobody wanted to come to GB and there's guys that still don't even with a fhof qb. Because remember this is just their job and some people may wanna raise their family in a bigger city, simple as that
There are very few that move to the big city to raise a family. Make more money at some job, sure. Raise a family, it's something they endure almost 100% and I have friends that LOVE the city. LA, Chicago, NY and even with a gun to their head almost 100% would say, if it was just about raising a family, the City isn't it. The city is for jobs and young adults that want to play with a bunch of other young adults.

Being you can make as much in the NFL in GB as you can in NYC, GB will stop getting players when they stop paying them.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are very few that move to the big city to raise a family. Make more money at some job, sure. Raise a family, it's something they endure almost 100% and I have friends that LOVE the city. LA, Chicago, NY and even with a gun to their head almost 100% would say, if it was just about raising a family, the City isn't it. The city is for jobs and young adults that want to play with a bunch of other young adults.

Being you can make as much in the NFL in GB as you can in NYC, GB will stop getting players when they stop paying them.

I'm not talking NYC or LA only I'm talking Denver, Phoenix even Minneapolis. Those are much different than GB. I think there's lots of people dare I say the vast majority and that's not close to out on a limb prefer to be in cities like that to raise their family compared to a city with 200k people in frigid northern WI

And i disagree people wanna trust families in bigger cities not only because of job opportunities. But also because of increased education entertainment dinning etc opportunities

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of people from Minneapolis moving to Hudson, New Richmond, etc to get out of the city. Better schools, better quality of life. Never been to Phoenix, but I imagine lots of people don't want to live in a desert. Know lots of people that moved to Denver as 20 somethings and moved out by 30 somethings with families.

They might want the night life, they aren't there to raise families.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This year was especially difficult to attract FAs with their team 'Leader' actively discouraging FAs to consider Green Bay.

Wonder if he regrets that. Probably not. He was never about winning, only about himself.

AGreen2AJones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This year was especially difficult to attract FAs with their team 'Leader' actively discouraging FAs to consider Green Bay.

Wonder if he regrets that. Probably not. He was never about winning, only about himself.
Proof he discouraged anybody from coming?

Aaron Jones re-signed.

Did you think the Packers would actually try to sign DE JJ? Or try to trade for WR JJ?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Proof he discouraged anybody from coming?

Aaron Jones re-signed.

Did you think the Packers would actually try to sign DE JJ? Or try to trade for WR JJ?
Yes Jones resigned. As widely reported, most of the players don't like him. Players on other teams, who don't know him, may have been discouraged.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah man idk do you think that's true? I mean I guess you do but Im not so sure.

Just like Rodgers was supposedly warning Packer free agents to be, that he would not be returning in 2021...then they all resigned with GB including one of his best friends David bakhtiari

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Yup, when it doesn't happen, year after year, with new and unique causes each time. And, yes, I'd prefer years where it's out of reach to a major disappointment every year.
We're clearly going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

I don't think you have to be reminded how bad it sucked to be a Packers fan the years we didn't have a quarterback.

Members online

Latest posts