Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB could further spread his a large portion of his cap (which I believe they’ve tried to do already) in order to give them the best chance at making this season count.
i'm all for making this season count, but doesn't that hinder the Packers cap-wise when/if Rodgers leaves? By kicking the cap hit down the road, which we'll have to eat if Rodgers leaves? That would probably appeal to Rodgers, because it would leave GB floundering. I guess we wouldn't likely to be that good during that time anyway.

I still think it dramatically reduces the trade value we would get for Rodgers if we end up trading him next year. Because people were talking about a couple of first rounds and some seconds. I don't think you get that if you're only trading a guy with just one year left on his contract.

Funny this all started because Rodgers didn't think GB was committed to him. And to resolve things, he ends up with only two years left on his contract with the option to leave next year if he wants. Probably what appeals to him is that it puts him in control next year.

AGreen2AJones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you #12 lovers really think that he is done with his revenge tour? What happens in the middle of the season when he decides that he can't take the booing and hate which he most surely deserves? What happens when he

starts his sour **** attitude and shakes his head in disgust? What happens when he decides to really screw the Packers? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
So you want him booed. This is the most entitled fanbase. 30 years of great quarterbacking and just hate and discontent. Shameful.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you want him booed. This is the most entitled fanbase. 30 years of great quarterbacking and just hate and discontent. Shameful.
I hope he isn't booed. I hope the fans treat him so well he wants to stay. Especially if he is now willing to talk about helping with the cap. But I would be surprised if some fans don't boo him after this offseason.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Where did he say he wants him boo'd?? show me?? He believes rodgers will be boo'd.. Did you know at the share hold er meeting...I was told no one boo'd?

You havent been posting much, and last few really irratate me...mainly accused me of certain things about Rodgers.

Start paying attention to what is posted and leave your ill concieved narratives out of your posts

Or I will handle your posts for you.

Take that as you wish..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
A few notes here:

1) End of an era for sure. No repairing this after this report. Feels exactly like Brett.
2) Lots of you are in denial
3) Lots of you trashed Brett for the same stuff are supporting Aaron
4) It is what it is. It's a business.
5) 1 championship in 13 years, and so many times not coming through. IF there is a chance to repair this you Either you go all out because you think you can win at least 1 to 3 over the next three years or you make the trade for most as possible you can. Whether it's Jordan Love or someone you draft now. If you drag this on, it doesn't matter it is Aaron, the value is going to go way down because he won't play in GB.
No repair??

Odd.. Up until Friday rodgers wasnt coming back..

Watch what you post..because I sure as hell am

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers fans will not be booing Rodgers midseason. lol...

7-2 trumps hurt widdle feelings.

It is true that winning cures everything. I hope Rodgers does well since I hope the Packers do well.

But I'm curious, since you seem to be the Ultimate Rodgers fan, will you be changing your name to BroncAttack12 if he goes to Denver after the upcoming season?

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to say this and only this...by caving in and giving AR the out the org is setting themselves up for larger problems. This could create a domino effect of future and current players dictating to the crown jewel of the NFL...you can't have it both ways, you just cannot.

I agree with you. The next time a 16 year veteran QB with 9 Pro Bowls, 3 MVP's, and a Super Bowl win under his belt wants things his way, the Packers will have no choice but to capitulate based on this precedent. I look forward to that day.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I read this correctly, doesn't this effectively destroy (or at least severely limit) Rodgers' trade value? Whatever team trades for him would only get one year. Rodgers apparently would have to approve the trade. Or perhaps Rodgers can just demand a straight up release, which would mean we get nothing for him.
I doubt any team would give up much for one year. And so there would have to be a contract in place and that team to be comfortable with ARod playing a couple more years. But I think you are right that the wording about this final outcome leaves open a door for Rodgers to just walk. I would hope our fearless leaders would not agree to that. But they might agree to it after two years. imho

AGreen2AJones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No repair??

Odd.. Up until Friday rodgers wasnt coming back..

Watch what you post..because I sure as hell am
Fair enough, but I did say this: IF there is a chance to repair this you Either you go all out because you think you can win at least 1 to 3 over the next three years or you make the trade for most as possible you can.

And it seems like this is what is happening for one year. Why not go for it? But you really think the players are the problem all the time? How is it that this team seems to drive a lot of players away? I didn't want to believe it, but it keeps happening.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
But I think you are right that the wording about this final outcome leaves open a door for Rodgers to just walk.
I have not heard that. All I have heard is that they will talk at the end of the season and evaluate the situation. He then can demand a trade and gets a say in where he goes. Does anyone have a link that that info?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team isn't driving players away. It's a business and all teams are in it. We just don't pay attention to the rest. The patriots have more super bowls than anyone recently and look how many players that won there, say how much they hated it when they leave. It's rare to have a workplace with that many employees who are all happy with everything all the time.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wishes he could be like Mike. Far cry from that.

From a winning championship aspect yes you're correct but that's not the comparison I'm making here...

I'm talking about the way he plays. Jordan was so smooth everything he did looked so pretty from the jumper to the finger roll. Rodgers is the football equivalent of that...LeBron James is really good he won championships for 3 teams but he does not look good doing it. He ain't like Mike. Brady is like a LeBron gets the job done but his ball wobbles its not pretty like Rodgers. Brady is absolutely the better player but Rodgers plays like Mike Brady gets results like Mike...

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not sure the validity of these reports. However the Texans would have to get someone substantial in trade. Imo, they are not laying down a veteran receiver they valued enough to pay $9mil a season just to help GB fix their woes. If he was a FA it would be an entirely different story.
Id send them Burks and Jackson, then ask for a 5th rounder :whistling:

The Texans apparently traded for Anthony Miller to replace Cobb in the slot. If not for his contract Cobb would be a candidate to get cut. I think he's got a dead cap number of 10.5 million

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Word has it that Rodgers plane arrived and he reported to camp. Here we are again reporting on planes landing.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team isn't driving players away. It's a business and all teams are in it. We just don't pay attention to the rest. The patriots have more super bowls than anyone recently and look how many players that won there, say how much they hated it when they leave. It's rare to have a workplace with that many employees who are all happy with everything all the time.

They hate it there because Belichek is a bit of a fascist dictator with the way he runs the team...and without Brady that approach would have fallen flat on it's face. He got lucky to have a fhof qb. Without that belichek is jag

It benefits the employer to treat the employees well because when people are happy to come to work they preform better when there at work

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to call BB a JAG. He'll be in the HOF and deservedly so. Without star players all the approaches fall flat on their faces. He kept his stars and plugged and played more JAGs than anybody and won the big ones. I would not discount anything BB has done. Ray Rhodes was a "players coach" and this team absolutely fell apart under his total lack of accountability.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to call BB a JAG. He'll be in the HOF and deservedly so. Without star players all the approaches fall flat on their faces. He kept his stars and plugged and played more JAGs than anybody and won the big ones. I would not discount anything BB has done. Ray Rhodes was a "players coach" and this team absolutely fell apart under his total lack of accountability.

I said without Brady he's a jag let's see him prove me wrong...I don't think he'll ever win anything again unless they luck into another fhof qb

But yes I agree he is a very very good talent evailator/general manager...I just don't think that **** style coaching works unless you have the players to ensure you're a winner cuz when you're losing and you're treating people that way no one is gonna take it

As for Ray Rhoades he just didn't have what it took to be a head coach. Some guys have it as coordinators but can't oversee the whole operation. He should of never been hired. I don't think it was because he was a players coach that he failed, I think he was in over his head

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Texans apparently traded for Anthony Miller to replace Cobb in the slot. If not for his contract Cobb would be a candidate to get cut. I think he's got a dead cap number of 10.5 million
That's his cap hit. The dead cap is 12.25, which means it costs them cap to cut or trade him

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said without Brady he's a jag let's see him prove me wrong...I don't think he'll ever win anything again unless they luck into another fhof qb

But yes I agree he is a very very good talent evailator/general manager...I just don't think that **** style coaching works unless you have the players to ensure you're a winner cuz when you're losing and you're treating people that way no one is gonna take it

As for Ray Rhoades he just didn't have what it took to be a head coach. Some guys have it as coordinators but can't oversee the whole operation. He should of never been hired. I don't think it was because he was a players coach that he failed, I think he was in over his head
There is no coach that won anything without star players. They're all JAGS then

BB ran a tight ship, no doubt. There's a reason guys that didn't do much before the Patriots, didn't do much after. From players to coaches around the league no coach has done more with JAGs at every level than BB.

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Word has it that Rodgers plane arrived and he reported to camp. Here we are again reporting on planes landing.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's his cap hit. The dead cap is 12.25, which means it costs them cap to cut or trade him
Ok yeah I just looked up his deal...so if this trade talk is real and it seems like it is. The Texans could turn Cobbs base salary into signing bonus which would lower his 2021 dead cap to 7 million and increase his 2022 dead cap from 2 million to 7.25 million

But I don't know how the Packers take on that much salary for Cobb. I'm assuming Rodgers has talked to Cobb and knows he's willing to play for less in GB for the chance to win with one of his best friends and to get out of that dumpster fire in Houston

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no coach that won anything without star players. They're all JAGS then

BB ran a tight ship, no doubt. There's a reason guys that didn't do much before the Patriots, didn't do much after. From players to coaches around the league no coach has done more with JAGs at every level than BB.

That's true but BB didn't just have a star player he had the goat...they did not all have to have the goat to win

And maybe BB didn't either, let's see him do it without the goat...i bet he wont tho

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said, I bet most don't win without their star players and I doubt Brady wins much on the other teams and coaches around the league either. Always seems to have a lights out defense.

But as the point was, players from every team around the league are unhappy at some point. GB isn't driving players away.

Members online

Latest posts