Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

As ridiculous as this sounds AJ Hawk on McAfee just said "I don't know if that's true, but i DO know that Aaron would LOVE to play with Cobb again."

I'm down with this if Aaron pays his salary and he rides the pine.

See these are the relatively minor moves that I would make as the Packers GM to keep AR from causing trouble. It's not a huge burden to let a HOF QB have his pacifier. Like TB with Gronk.

I was also for keeping Jordy around at a reasonable price to keep AR content.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See these are the relatively minor moves that I would make as the Packers GM to keep AR from causing trouble. It's not a huge burden to let a HOF QB have his pacifier. Like TB with Gronk.
So if keeping Rodgers happy would have hinged on keeping Jeff Janis you would have been OK with it. I mean after all, its a relatively minor move. I'll pause to allow Poker to wipe up his coffee.

Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

As ridiculous as this sounds AJ Hawk on McAfee just said "I don't know if that's true, but i DO know that Aaron would LOVE to play with Cobb again."

I'm down with this if Aaron pays his salary and he rides the pine.
I wonder who we would trade to get Cobb? I personally would rather have a receiver who is not past his prime years. With that being said, it would be worth it to get Rodgers back.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I was also for keeping Jordy around at a reasonable price to keep AR content.
How is that minor? and what has he done since before he left here? I honestly don't know. Haven't heard much so I don't think he started lighting it up again and last I saw he was oft injured and declining. Why trade draft picks for that? that's not minor. If he was a FA maybe, but I'm pretty excited to see Amari Rodgers way more than trading to bring Cobb back at this point.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So if keeping Rodgers happy would have hinged on keeping Jeff Janis you would have been OK with it. I mean after all, its a relatively minor move. I'll pause to allow Poker to wipe up his coffee.

Yes. Absolutely.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is that minor? and what has he done since before he left here? I honestly don't know. Haven't heard much so I don't think he started lighting it up again and last I saw he was oft injured and declining. Why trade draft picks for that? that's not minor. If he was a FA maybe, but I'm pretty excited to see Amari Rodgers way more than trading to bring Cobb back at this point.

I would give up a 7th round pick for Cobb assuming Rodgers redid his deal to make room for the extra money.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who you giving up? If a receiver they ain't doing it for EQSB...you sending Amari? Sending MVS? Lazard? Tonyan?

I personally doubt Lazard or MVS make them take it.

Reaction score
I wonder if he will finish his career here or if he and Adams are doing a "last dance" and will be gone after this year?

In all honesty, I think a "last dance" scenario might actually be the best possible outcome for both parties for a variety of reasons, and I also think it is the most likely scenario.

I think it is the best outcome for us because of the salary cap problems after this year. The choice after this year is either keeping the core of the team together or keeping Rodgers and maybe? Adams, but splitting up the rest of the team and sacrificing the future. If Rodgers and comes back for one more year, we can still be super bowl contenders this year but still get to keep the rest of the team together after this year and not have to sacrifice the future, plus we would get some new players/draft picks to help build the team for the future after this year. Were most likely not going to be super bowl contenders in 2022 anyway, and maybe not even that good, because of the salary cap situation.

It would be good for Rodgers because he can finish still finish his career elsewhere, but has a great chance at a super bowl this year.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This would be an absolutely stupid demand from Rodgers. It will dramatically increase his asking price if they're seeking a trade and Cobb's team knows Rodgers return hinges on this. Also, Cobb carries a cap hit of 10.5 mill this year. For a guy whos proven he cannot contribute when he's injured, I'd rather we stay with the guys we have.

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He could have ended this long time ago.

Im hopeful to play in 2021 with GB and will work on contract negoations

I have requested a trade to play else where in 2021

I am retiring in 2021

Any one would have been accepted by prob everyone.. But noooooo

He wants to play this stupid as ****
Packers fans, do you REALLY want Rodgers and Adams on the GB team? They have become toxic with their petty responses not to mention totally disrespectful to their teammates and fans. Oh wait, they both make millions believe they are irreplaceable so why not..... as a Packer fan get rid of them NOW, don't wait for training camp, get as much as you can for them and go into the season with a team of players that wants to be there. DO Not give in to anything, get rid of them to anyone who will take them.... JJones possibly?

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers fans, do you REALLY want Rodgers and Adams on the GB team? They have become toxic with their petty responses not to mention totally disrespectful to their teammates and fans. Oh wait, they both make millions believe they are irreplaceable so why not..... as a Packer fan get rid of them NOW, don't wait for training camp, get as much as you can for them and go into the season with a team of players that wants to be there. DO Not give in to anything, get rid of them to anyone who will take them.... JJones possibly?
They're both dead to me

AGreen2AJones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's Rodgers, Favre, Adams, Finley, Nelson, Jones, Cobb, Jennings, etc...all their fault. Some of you will always blame the player, no matter what. But the management and board can do no wrong!

Don Barclay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear how upset a lot of you are; but if Rodgers comes back for one year, wins a bunch (hoping for SB obv, who knows), and leaves on terms that benefit both him and the Packers --- then from the fan point of view, doesn't this look like a better outcome, and one that wouldn't have been possible if Rodgers didn't stay tight-lipped and face down management?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's Rodgers, Favre, Adams, Finley, Nelson, Jones, Cobb, Jennings, etc...all their fault. Some of you will always blame the player, no matter what. But the management and board can do no wrong!
pretty much. Finley had a career ending neck injury. Not sure what the point is. Favre retired, then unretired. If he really wanted to play, you don't retire and you make the kid beat you and start a QB controversy. You don't walk away and then come back thinking they're just going to release you.

Nelson, not worth 10m. Jones? he retired, Cobb? oft injured and over 10M. Jennings turned downed down our contract for more guaranteed money with the Vikes. He would have earned more here as he wouldn't have had to try and dig out balls in the dirt from Ponder. So yeah, in most of the cases the management was right in their decisions.

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Totally misread comments; management has a role to play here just like in any situation, they "may" have erred, however, to take this to the extent Rodgers has and now Adams stance has no standing from my perspective. As an employee, well paid by the way to push this to the point he has, create a potential toxic environment for the team is ridiculous. Maybe management did not "treat him right", yet they did give his top OL a huge contract to keep him. what did the Board do to him? No one knows but to go to this extent is ridiculous. To answer your questions: Don't have an issue with Favre and hated when they let him go, but he has made peace with GB; Nelson was at end of his career; Jones??? not sure what that means? Cobb, similar to Nelson and Jennings was also end of career and needed to move on. So, what is the issue here that we favor management over player? Wrong! There may be negatives on both side, problem is Rodgers has gone overboard and acted like a child (Adams has followed)

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did not realize Cobb was $10 mil. Yuck. No thanks. I was thinking he was more like $3-4 million. What the hell were the Texans thinking?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What had aaron said... Aaron himself. If he would just come out and say it, maybe things would be different

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
So apparently I'm behind on all of this......

Summary of what Schefter has reported over the last hour:

- The Packers are offering concessions and are close to an agreement to bring Rodgers back for 2021
- The two sides met over the weekend. Rodgers was prepared to skip training camp, but the concessions on the part of the Packers have gotten Rodgers close to the point of coming back
- No new money will be included
- The new agreement upon being finalized would set up Rodgers' departure from the team after this season
- The 2023 year would be voided, with no tags allowed in the future
- The Packers would agree to review the situation at the end of the season
- Mechanisms will be put in place to address Rodgers' issues with the team
- The move would create some more cap room for the Packers
- If finalized, Rodgers will have the freedom to decide where he wants to play in 2022.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess what ticks me off the most about all of this is crap like "Aaron has indicated to people close to him..." has there been a single reliable report during all of this that started with "Aaron Rodgers said..." I get all the frustration over the fact that AR could have put an end to all this by just saying something but he didn't say anything and then we got even more worked up over what he didn't say. There are three sides in this, Rodger, The Packers and the media and my frustration is 95% with the media. I've held contempt for reporters and news outlets and the like since I was about 10 years old. I have no doubt that there are many responsible and ethical reporters and journalists out there but you would be hard pressed to convince me any of them are are working in sports. Its all about the scoop. It doesn't matter if I really have any facts to support my comments I'll just use vague phrases and anonymous sources and people from inside the camp. If I don't name them and they don't come forward there is no harm done if nothing I report comes true because all I have to say is "oops, I guess my source was misinformed."

I really hope that there is truth to this latest...latest what...News? Not really because it hasn't happened yet, Nothing that has been "reported" since this all began has been news. Rumor? I suppose that fits best but I can't help but think guess might be just as accurate. Coin flip? yeah that probably works too.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you #12 lovers really think that he is done with his revenge tour? What happens in the middle of the season when he decides that he can't take the booing and hate which he most surely deserves? What happens when he starts his sour **** attitude and shakes his head in disgust? What happens when he decides to really screw the Packers? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Members online

Latest posts