1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rodgers named Sporting News athlete of the year

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Dec 16, 2011.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...dgers-named-sporting-news-athlete-of-the-year

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    well deserved

3. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    During this 19 game winning streak Aaron has 53 TD Passes and 9 Interceptions.

In that 19 game streak, we've beaten Da Bears 3 times.
    But against Dose Bears, Aaron has 4 TD Passes and 4 Interceptions.

Anyway, this is ONE MORE EXAMPLE of why The Sporting News is 2x as good as Sports Illustrated!
    I have had subscriptions to both for many years, and I always enjoy reading TSN much better..... 10x as much material.

SI named...... Mike Kryzewfski & Pat Summit as their Sportsman of the Year last week. 2 old coaches!
    TSN named Rodgers.

Also, I still have the issue of TSN where they had Rodgers ON THE COVER from before the 2008 season started.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for that Magazine cover!!!

That is something to hang onto!

5. steamingutpile

steamingutpile Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Joe Montana on the Dan Patrick Show: "The season he's having right now is phenomenal. I'm not sure I had one like that." Has anyone? "I don't think so."

6. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,791
    Someone posted an online SI essay on why A-Rod should be SI Sportsman of the Year.
    It was a weak case claiming that he has been waiting and patient all this time.
    Rodgers went into the NFL draft before graduating college. Not exactly waiting or being patient.
    And it's not like he ever had a choice to wait.
    "We wanna start you today over Brett."
    "No, that's OK coach. I'll wait another time."
    I dunno if that essay had anything to do with the decision, but I don't think it helped.

Maybe they gave it to these coaches, (Whoever they are. Never heard of 'em.) to restore dignity after the Sadusky scandal?

7. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    Weird that your thread didn't come up in the search!! Just the newbot ones did..hmmmm