Rodgers named Sporting News athlete of the year

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...dgers-named-sporting-news-athlete-of-the-year

Rodgers is Sporting News’ 2011 athlete of the year. Nobody in any sport played at a higher level than Rodgers has the past year. He threw for 304 yards and three touchdowns in the Packers’ Super Bowl victory in February, and he has led Green Bay to a 13-0 start this season. He is a lock to win the MVP award and has led some analysts to say he is playing the quarterback position as well as anybody ever has.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
During this 19 game winning streak Aaron has 53 TD Passes and 9 Interceptions.

In that 19 game streak, we've beaten Da Bears 3 times.
But against Dose Bears, Aaron has 4 TD Passes and 4 Interceptions.

Anyway, this is ONE MORE EXAMPLE of why The Sporting News is 2x as good as Sports Illustrated!
I have had subscriptions to both for many years, and I always enjoy reading TSN much better..... 10x as much material.

SI named...... Mike Kryzewfski & Pat Summit as their Sportsman of the Year last week. 2 old coaches!
TSN named Rodgers.

Also, I still have the issue of TSN where they had Rodgers ON THE COVER from before the 2008 season started.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
During this 19 game winning streak Aaron has 53 TD Passes and 9 Interceptions.

In that 19 game streak, we've beaten Da Bears 3 times.
But against Dose Bears, Aaron has 4 TD Passes and 4 Interceptions.

Anyway, this is ONE MORE EXAMPLE of why The Sporting News is 2x as good as Sports Illustrated!
I have had subscriptions to both for many years, and I always enjoy reading TSN much better..... 10x as much material.

SI named...... Mike Kryzewfski & Pat Summit as their Sportsman of the Year last week. 2 old coaches!
TSN named Rodgers.

Also, I still have the issue of TSN where they had Rodgers ON THE COVER from before the 2008 season started.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for that Magazine cover!!!

That is something to hang onto!

steamingutpile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Montana on the Dan Patrick Show: "The season he's having right now is phenomenal. I'm not sure I had one like that." Has anyone? "I don't think so."

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone posted an online SI essay on why A-Rod should be SI Sportsman of the Year.
It was a weak case claiming that he has been waiting and patient all this time.
Rodgers went into the NFL draft before graduating college. Not exactly waiting or being patient.
And it's not like he ever had a choice to wait.
"We wanna start you today over Brett."
"No, that's OK coach. I'll wait another time."
I dunno if that essay had anything to do with the decision, but I don't think it helped.

Maybe they gave it to these coaches, (Whoever they are. Never heard of 'em.) to restore dignity after the Sadusky scandal?

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Weird that your thread didn't come up in the search!! Just the newbot ones did..hmmmm

Members online

Latest posts