Rodgers Mic'd Up!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol @ the play he had to call. Not gonna even try to understand what that all meant.
Is it some kind of code in case the other team listens in?
If Mike isn't talking into his helmet in the huddle, Aaron has one heck of a memory.
If I heard all that all I could tell the guys is either "Get open" or "Handoff."

OP
OP
Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is it some kind of code in case the other team listens in?
If Mike isn't talking into his helmet in the huddle, Aaron has one heck of a memory.
If I heard all that all I could tell the guys is either "Get open" or "Handoff."

No it's just terminology for alignments/protection and receiver/RB routes I'm 95% sure.

And yea lol. Rodgers gets the play before he goes into the huddle from MM, then has to repeat it to everyone in the huddle.. You could tell he was trying to remember the play.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
That was great. I love sound fx. I love how when Rodgers wanted MM to throw the challenge flag he pretty much didn't hesitate at all, in real time and in the video.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Near the end, he is relying a play in the huddle and I swear it took him 15 secs to say it, and he says, was that long enough for you?

I could never remember plays like that

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Loved MM saying "lets finish this", and "we have to keep pressing". Maybe his play calling will change and he'll continue to press later in the game even when the Pack is up, he did against the broncos so one can hope.

Reaction score
lol @ the play he had to call. Not gonna even try to understand what that all meant.
Every section is a different code for what each player should do. For example, "east right flop" is for the O-line. "z right y left" tells where the receiver will line up and "396 zag" is to tell the running back where to run through the tackle or guard and how to do it (Delay, stutter, etc.) and the last number in "396" is what route the receiver will run, which in that case is a hook route between 10 and 20 yards and you turn towards the sideline.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love it, he seems to get good respect and have a good relationship with the officials. Like a certain "he who must not be named". You guys got any left handed footballs?

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
oh that was GREAT!!! I love him saying "damnit" after that sack..then when he was joking with the second guy..." I need to get rid of it sooner than that right!?!?" and a little love tap to his helmet!
I wondered what transpired there!!
love SOUNDFX!!!

that was alot of fun!!! Bring on Atlanta!!!!:p

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hahahaha this is awesome. My favorite part is him trying to barter the touchdown vs. the interception with the ref, so funny.

A-Rod's having the time of his life out there right now, we're damn lucky to be able to have a player like him.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh that was GREAT!!! I love him saying "damnit" after that sack..then when he was joking with the second guy..." I need to get rid of it sooner than that right!?!?" and a little love tap to his helmet!
I wondered what transpired there!!
love SOUNDFX!!!

that was alot of fun!!! Bring on Atlanta!!!!:p
I love it to.
I guess he yells out "Green 58" to signal when the ball gets hiked?
What happened to the good ol' "Hut, hut?"

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Loved MM saying "lets finish this", and "we have to keep pressing". Maybe his play calling will change and he'll continue to press later in the game even when the Pack is up, he did against the broncos so one can hope.
You can also hear MM tell A-Rod "You got Jordy wide open."
So I guess coaches can look down field to see what is happening and suggest to the QB where to put the ball.
I've seen another one with Dennis Green doing the same thing.

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The mic in Rodgers helmet is killed before the snap so Rodgers can't really hear the suggestion unless he can hear him from the sideline.

OP
OP
Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You can also hear MM tell A-Rod "You got Jordy wide open."
So I guess coaches can look down field to see what is happening and suggest to the QB where to put the ball.
I've seen another one with Dennis Green doing the same thing.

No, that's just MM talking to himself. If you ever watch MM on the sideline call plays watch his hand turn the microphone on to Rodgers, read the play from his sheet then he immediately turns it back off. The control thingy for the headsets always on his hip.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The mic in Rodgers helmet is killed before the snap so Rodgers can't really hear the suggestion unless he can hear him from the sideline.
No, that's just MM talking to himself. If you ever watch MM on the sideline call plays watch his hand turn the microphone on to Rodgers, read the play from his sheet then he immediately turns it back off. The control thingy for the headsets always on his hip.
OK I guess what I would like to know is if there is any rule that prohibits coaches from talking to players during the play.
If not, then are they giving instructions/advice to the player on what to do? Ever?

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya there is a rule against it. If a coach doesn't kill the communication the play clock will shut it off when it gets below a certain number which I think it's 10.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya there is a rule against it. If a coach doesn't kill the communication the play clock will shut it off when it gets below a certain number which I think it's 10.
Really? They have the technology to do that?

OK
Thank you for that.

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just think its fascinating that they have the technology to talk to the coach through the helmet.

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't remember if it's both ways but either way its still pretty cool.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's another show on RIGHT NOW, on the NFL Network, which is a feature of Charles Woodson's life.
It's awesome....

Called NFL Films Presents: "A Way With Words".
It airs again Saturday at 8 am CST.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's another show on RIGHT NOW, on the NFL Network, which is a feature of Charles Woodson's life.
It's awesome....

Called NFL Films Presents: "A Way With Words".
It airs again Saturday at 8 am CST.
Just watched it. Was pretty cool, a lot of recycled interviews and footage from Americas Game though.

Members online

Latest posts