Rodgers' Leadership Called Into Question Again

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Reggie has been quoted for saying; that without Favre he (Reggie) probably would never have come to Green Bay ...

- Just saying ..., because I know you Can do better LTF ... :lol:

Yup he sure did, but you think being offered the MOST $$ didnt play a part?

You really think that if there was no Holmgren Brett would have flourished?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I always thought it was Holmgrens call to Reggie Whites answer machine that got him to come.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score

I didn't say anything about that LTF and you know it ... Ofcourse " 'dem Greens" had a say, however, you very Well knew what I meant ;-)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't say anything about that LTF and you know it ... Ofcourse " 'dem Greens" had a say, however, you very Well knew what I meant ;-)

to say ONLY Reggie came here for Brett isnt' true..

That is what I meant

H

HardRightEdge

Geno Smith: he is mobile and can put up monster numbers. Also he completed 71.6% of his passes this season and threw for 42 TD's and only 6 interceptions. He reminds me of Kaepernick/Wilson, he can create massive rush yards out of nothing.

Trade Aaron Rodgers for a LOT of draft picks. The team would save a lot of money and could build a defensive juggernaut. Drafting a heir apparent to Rodgers would be good, because A-Rod will be 30 this year.

nfldraftscout.com has Geno Smith at an average 4.87 in the 40. Maybe he can improve on that a bit at the Combine. Nonetheless, in the NFL, that speed will not beat linebackers (or even a lot of DE's) to the corner, and you're not going to blow by anybody turning an option run up the field or scrambling with that lack of explosiveness. As a point of comparison, Rodgers ran 4.71 coming out of Cal.

Smith with rise or fall on his arm.

On an unrelated note, of the top 9 QBs on the nfldraftscout.com board, only one (E.J. Manual) runs under 4.8. Any expansion of option schemes in the NFL will be on hold at least one year, effective ones anyway. And it is quite possible that this moment in time (RGIII/Kaepernick/Wilson) is just an aberrant emergence of a few unique individuals who excel in both run option and chucking the ball.

Further, you should not be surprised if WAS, SF and SEA go away from run options as an offensive staple. It's a nice approach for inexperienced QBs with the necessary skills who have not yet mastered a full-function NFL offense. But as time wears on, and $ investments increase, managements will become leery of the risks. They might want to see these guys survive to the end of their second contracts and beyond, and not end up with the TBs in this league, worn out and on the street age 30, with games, months, years inactive or on IR in the interim.

We saw a prelude to this eventuality with RGIII's knee injury.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

"

It always about the money- A 4 year Packer contract worth $17 M deal. That was block buster deal in 1993.

Members online

Latest posts