Rodgers, Kuhn make First All-Pro team

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers received 44 out of 50 votes, Kuhn 18 of 50. In addition Nelson and Sitton made the second team.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Is there a reason we should care about All Pro voting but not care about Pro Bowl voting?

I've always been interested in All-Pro voting as the fan aspect is taken out of consideration compared to the Pro Bowl. Just my opinion though.

H

HardRightEdge

Other Packer vote getters:

Bulaga: 1
Linsley: 1
Matthews: 5 at OLB, 1 at ILB

H

HardRightEdge

I've always been interested in All-Pro voting as the fan aspect is taken out of consideration compared to the Pro Bowl. Just my opinion though.
The fan aspect, while superficially dubious, doesn't seem to contaminate the Pro Bowl results when compared to the All Pro voting.

By my count, of the 43 players named 1st. team All Pro or top second team vote getter, 39 were named to the Pro Bowl.

The exceptions were:

- FB Tony Sherman
- OT Whitworth
- Returner Pac Man Jones
- P Hecker

There is little to differentiate the two votes; Jones seems to be the only blatent Pro Bowl oversight, no doubt because of the history of character issues to which the media is less sensitive.

I like the Pro Bowl voting because it brings in more names, nearly all of whom are credible including the alternates, and gives a fairly accurate picture of the top 5-10% of players.

Of course nobody cares about the actual Pro Bowl game, nor should they.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts