Rodgers gets advice from Starr, Warner, Young — but not Favre

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers was effusive in his gratitude today as he talked about three Super Bowl-winning quarterbacks who have helped him in his preparation for his own first Super Bowl. But he offered just a one-word answer when asked whether he has spoken this week to his Super Bowl-winning Green Bay predecessor. Rodgers said…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not surprised...Favre worked with him in Green Bay because he had to, not because he wanted too. Favre didn't have a problem with all the 4th-7th round and UDFA QB's that the Packers brought in because he knew they weren't either going to be around long or a real threat to his job...Rodgers was.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's funny that you say that...thinking back when Rodgers came in...I can only recall ONE moment where I saw those 2 enjoying each other's company on the sideline...you know Favre is a joker w/ mostly everyone while playing...the only one I remember was the "put in the ol' vice!" w/ Rodgers after a TD

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Um, did Rodgers ask him for advice?

When Deion asked him if he had talked with Favre about all this, he just sort of smiled a little and said, "No."

Deion said, "That's what I wanted to know." (Or something like that - I'd have to watch again.)

I got the distinct impression he did not seek Favre's advice. LOL

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre also made comments that he would NOT go to Rodgers to teach him, that Rodgers had to learn everything on his own...which seems to be in stark contrast to helping out guys like Hassellbeck, Pederson, Bono, and Nall.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Favre also made comments that he would NOT go to Rodgers to teach him, that Rodgers had to learn everything on his own...which seems to be in stark contrast to helping out guys like Hassellbeck, Pederson, Bono, and Nall.
Good, we don't want him learning how to throw interceptions.

Members online