Rodgers Doesn't Respond to Trash Talk

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=8941548

By Michelle Tuckner

Aaron Rodgers's first regular season start comes with plenty of hype, national TV, and a hated division rival. Now the Minnesota Vikings are trying to get inside his head.

The wait is almost over for Rodgers. The Vikings game is just days away, and the buildup for the season opener is nearly unmatched.

"It's a little surreal. It feels like it went by quick but the years individually went by slow," Rodgers said. "It's nice to be the guy now."

The Vikings added even more spice to the opener and the rivalry. Back in August, after Favre was traded, the Vikings started trash talking.

"I'm not even going to say his name because he's not Favre. Whatever his name is, he's not Favre," defensive tackle Pat Williams said.

Defensive end Jared Allen, who is new the rivalry, added, "Hopefully I can put my helmet square in the back of his spine. If I can do that and knock the ball loose, it'll be a good day."

So does Rodgers feel like a marked man?

"Every quarterback is a marked man," he said. "I'm confident in the guys up front, and my job is to get the ball out of my hands. Hopefully I'll be able to get up after I get hit."

Under head coach Mike McCarthy, trash talking from the Packers locker room hardly happens, and Rodgers would not provide the Vikings with any bulletin board material.

"They want me to make a reaction to that. I don't need something like that to motivate me. I have enough motivation being the starting quarterback," Rodgers said.

"I've never seen anything to gain from it. That's really the only message I've given our players. I think it speaks volumes of how they go about their business," Coach McCarthy said.

TheEngineer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is why I love the Packers. Classy players and pretty classy fans. I hope that never changes.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers has a bad game, I have a feeling that we will see class pooring out of the seats in Lambeau.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
If Rodgers has a bad game, I have a feeling that we will see class pooring out of the seats in Lambeau.

4th Place Chicago Bears
and
26 years before you're relevant again.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
4thand26 said:

4th Place Chicago Bears
and

That is quite creative...kudos. It actually referred to the NFC Championship game a few years ago when Green Bay was winning at the end of the game, and had Philly pinned back to 4th down and 26 yards to go. I thought for sure that GB had the game won. Well, guess what happened? Can you believe that the GB defense let them convert a first down? Nick Barnett held them to 26.5 yards on that play. Philly went on to win the game. I was glad to not be a Packer fan that year I can tell you. That single play must have ripped out the hearts of all Cheeseheads in the world.

This year, I was actually thinking of changing my name to 1OTIntAway, but I dont think that it carries the same thunder.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, unfortunately we don't have any metaphoric names to describe heartbreaking plays by the Bears, because for the most part it's been the entire season(s). I guess we could just come up with names for ourselves like 2007 Bears, or just about any other year. Hell, we'd have 22 previous straight years to choose from (unless, of course, you believe not winning the Superbowl equals success).

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you can bet your bottom dollar the vikes do have Rodgers in there cross hairs ... they would love to take him out ... he better stay in that pocket ,, and prey the o line does its job ... i expect to see a ton of blitzes from everywhere ... if Rodgers can stay calm ,, he can win this game ... this will be a big test for him as a starting qb ... i cant wait for this game ,, a great way to get an ideal of how Rogers will fair in BIG GAMES ...
im just so happy he didnt start crying around again ... looks like he finnally maned up ,, good job Rodgers ... i was worried after that 4 year old had him crying to the media ... this is a grown mans sport ,, good to see him taking the trash talk with a grain of salt ... im really saying here ,, every week Rodgers seems like he is growing into the leader we need at that QB spot ..

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
Packnic said:
4thand26 said:

4th Place Chicago Bears
and

That is quite creative...kudos. It actually referred to the NFC Championship game a few years ago when Green Bay was winning at the end of the game, and had Philly pinned back to 4th down and 26 yards to go. I thought for sure that GB had the game won. Well, guess what happened? Can you believe that the GB defense let them convert a first down? Nick Barnett held them to 26.5 yards on that play. Philly went on to win the game. I was glad to not be a Packer fan that year I can tell you. That single play must have ripped out the hearts of all Cheeseheads in the world.

This year, I was actually thinking of changing my name to 1OTIntAway, but I dont think that it carries the same thunder.

What NFC Championship game do you speak of?

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
Packnic said:
4thand26 said:

4th Place Chicago Bears
and

It wasn't the NFC Championship game. It was the Divisional Playoffs.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was smart for Rodgers not to respond to that silly talk coming from the queens. Why give them bulletin fodder? I'm glad he took the high road. 8)

DonnieCash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More proof that Rodgers is ready to lead.

Now we wait to see if he can play against that kind of pressure.

Sangill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get the Vikes... all they are doing by opening their mouths is putting even more pressure on themselves. This is just fodder for the O-line to perform and it basically doesn’t have much to do with how Aaron performs.

Whatever Daren Sharper’s got, it seems to be contagious.

I’m so looking forward to Cliffy shutting down Jared Allen.

Members online

Latest posts