Rodgers does it again!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Can't even last a page during a thread without someone complaining.

This thread is supposed to be about how good Rodgers is and it follows an awesome game that tied the all time Bears series and keeps this year's hope alive.

Be happy for at least a little bit.

Gotta get out of this forum for now while I enjoy watching that last throw 10+ times today.

It`s a forum Carl, and people are entitled to have opinions. Even ones you disagree with. How come nobody is saying what a great catch it was by Nelson ? How come nobody mentioned some of the awesome catches some of them made earlier in the year when Rodgers was over or under throwing time and time again ?

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. I think some of you guys take the greatness of Aaron Rodgers for granted. I shutter to think how bad this team would be without #12. With how this team is constructed on defense, and basically having an oline built to throw the ball without Rodgers you're looking at a 500. Or below team at best.
500 is being kind. They're a 5 win team at best.

Darryl Tincknell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack should have never been in the spot they were in at the end of the game. Not giving a pass to the defense,but AR couldn't have handed the ball to Adams any better then the two drops he had in the end zone

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I`m sorry, but this excuse or rather statement just makes my blood boil. Rodgers is no more deserving of a ring than anybody else. He`s as guilty of failure to do it as everybody else on the damn team. Why the hell do people keep saying things like this ???.

I can't speak for others, but two things stand out. One, I certainly don't think AR 'deserves' another ring (or two or three) as you say, just that he 'should' have won more, as the first guy stated. Heck, I don't think any of the players deserve a championship, it's me that I'm concerned about. :)

The other thing that I think has legs is that losses in which the defense allows the winning score can't be really laid on Rodgers. Not being able to score the winning points by running out of time or downs - that's on him.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I can't speak for others, but two things stand out. One, I certainly don't think AR 'deserves' another ring (or two or three) as you say, just that he 'should' have won more, as the first guy stated. Heck, I don't think any of the players deserve a championship, it's me that I'm concerned about. :)

Well said. I`m sick of it being all about Rodgers being denied a ring. WE are being denied a Superbowl win. WE are.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't even last a page during a thread without someone complaining.

This thread is supposed to be about how good Rodgers is and it follows an awesome game that tied the all time Bears series and keeps this year's hope alive.

Be happy for at least a little bit.

Gotta get out of this forum for now while I enjoy watching that last throw 10+ times today.

Threads in a sports forum rarely follow the intent of the initiator. You might think this is supposed to be about how good AR is, but if that was true, it'd be a very short thread, with a lot of 'likes' and 'agrees'. People throw out a topic, and the interesting part is seeing how others view it.

I was happy for a bit, but I was happy many times since 2010, and where has it gotten me? Actually, now that I think about it, I was more relieved than happy, escaping that 'not again' feeling.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? Come on, really?
I'm just tired of seeing comments elsewhere bragging about Brady claiming he is the GOAT and have much more pride in Rodgers because he hasn't been caught cheating.

Brady, and the Cheatriots, have tainted their legacy and past now and forever.
It is hard not to think they don't cheat when they "win."

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just tired of seeing comments elsewhere bragging about Brady claiming he is the GOAT and have much more pride in Rodgers because he hasn't been caught cheating.

Brady, and the Cheatriots, have tainted their legacy and past now and forever.
It is hard not to think they don't cheat when they "win."

Obviously the last couple of lines are personal opinion, either way. Will leave this dead horse alone, but just needed to point out one or two things.

First, you have pride in AR because he hasn't been 'caught' cheating. Who knows? Second, are the people who dump on the Pats concerned more that they appear to have messed with the rules or that their guys didn't think of it? Didn't have much of an athletic career, but even I've heard that 'if you're not cheating, you're not trying'. Finally, my original 'really?' was meant to imply that the cheating I've read about can't overshadow the production of the Belichick/Brady team - observing what they did wasn't cheating, just the filming, and contending that Brady can't through fully inflated footballs is just silly.

But, as above, if it makes you feel better about the situation, fine.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I`m sorry, but this excuse or rather statement just makes my blood boil. Rodgers is no more deserving of a ring than anybody else. He`s as guilty of failure to do it as everybody else on the damn team. Why the hell do people keep saying things like this ???.
.............Um, just to see your blood boil..............

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
While there is no doubt that Rodgers hasn't played well in some of the playoff losses, it is also true that Rodgers has better overall playoff numbers in basically every single statistical category than that of Tom Brady, who has 4 super bowl rings.

So quarter back A (Rodgers) has better overall numbers on better efficiency than quarter back B (Brady). So this leads me to look else where on the team to find the bulk of the culpability (defense, special teams, coaching).

I'm not here to exclusively be a Rodgers apologist, but when you perform on as high a level as he has, for as long as he has, we should have had another appearance or two in the Super Bowl.

D

Deleted member 6794

Let's just forget about the rest of the 4th quarter :sneaky:

While that might sound like a great idea the mistakes that were made for most of the fourth quarter have to be corrected for the Packers to have a chance to make a run in the playoffs.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...cowboys-new-england-patriots-seattle-seahawks
Do you think Aaron Rodgers has a flair for the dramatic? Over the past two seasons, Rodgers is 4-of-6 when passing 40 or more yards downfield in the final two minutes of regulation. The rest of the NFL is 2-of-39 in those situations. The Packers hope to not need a late-game bomb to win against the Vikings this week.
Only one of the two seasons mentioned included Jordy Nelson as his partner in crime

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While that might sound like a great idea the mistakes that were made for most of the fourth quarter have to be corrected for the Packers to have a chance to make a run in the playoffs.
Don't forget that the Packers gave up 21 points in the middle of Super Bowl 45 before regaining control in the 4th quarter. As you pointed out, it's not a formula for success but the version of the Packers that we've seen the past few weeks can win games despite the warts and flaws we show.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe you thought they regained control in the SB, but, until that 4th down play was over, no flags, I was sitting with my head in my hands, thinking 'here we go again'. :)

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that there are similarities between the 2010 and 2016 squads. As with anything though, past history does not dictate the future but it can provide insight.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think that there are similarities between the 2010 and 2016 squads. As with anything though, past history does not dictate the future but it can provide insight.

While there are some similarities with the 2010 squad that team was competitive in every single game (never trailed by more than seven points at any point during the season) even while being quarterbacked by Matt Flynn for 2 1/2 games.

Members online

Latest posts