Rodgers Contract

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's exactly the point. That may be the biggest thing I respect about Tom Brady - he could make more money than anybody in the league, but he tries to make team friendly deals because he wants to win championships. No team has won a Super Bowl with the QB taking up more than 13.1% of the cap.

WTF is so hard? It wasn't my point in my post!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
She never did anything for me; neither did Munn.

Olivia no. Danica yes but now that I think about it you were probably talking literally as in they literally never did anything for you. You had to do it all yourself.

D

Deleted member 6794

Half Empty; CaptainWimm responds to a post of mine that-as I point out- has nothing to do with my point. You disagree with me for pointing this simple obvious point out.

You asked for a reason why Rodgers should take less money to sign with the Packers. I responded with a possible one, not sure how I didn't address your question.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Olivia no. Danica yes but now that I think about it you were probably talking literally as in they literally never did anything for you. You had to do it all yourself.

Heh, you guys are vicious. I love it!

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not that I wouldn't prefer to get Rodgers on a very team friendly extension people really need to stop bringing up Brady as an example.

Not only have his restructures come with more guaranteed money each time everybody seems to forget that he's not worried about money for a very good reason....... His wife is worth more then he could ever hope to be by playing football. He doesn't have to worry about making the bulk of his lifetime income by the time he retires and hope it's enough to setup his future generations. His wife has that covered. Hell if it wasn't for prenups he'd probably be the one getting a check cut for him every month if things went sideways

So when Rodgers gets hitched to a woman who's net worth dwarfs his own then it'll be a fair comp. Until then I won't blame him for getting every dime he can

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
So when Rodgers gets hitched to a woman who's net worth dwarfs his own then it'll be a fair comp. Until then I won't blame him for getting every dime he can

Well if Rodgers and Danica get hitched, her net worth as of June 2017 is $60 million.

Not a bad dual income household, they might even be able to afford to buy a couple of tickets to a game after Rodgers retires. :coffee:

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not that I wouldn't prefer to get Rodgers on a very team friendly extension people really need to stop bringing up Brady as an example.

Not only have his restructures come with more guaranteed money each time everybody seems to forget that he's not worried about money for a very good reason....... His wife is worth more then he could ever hope to be by playing football. He doesn't have to worry about making the bulk of his lifetime income by the time he retires and hope it's enough to setup his future generations. His wife has that covered. Hell if it wasn't for prenups he'd probably be the one getting a check cut for him every month if things went sideways
But they likely do have prenups, and what if they get divorced? Celebrity marriages have such a good track record, right? :rolleyes:
Wealthy wife or not, I doubt that Tom Brady has to worry much about money.
He could probably go through life without even touching his player money if he wanted to.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

that't the key for Tom. People look at his salary and say he is a team player and he plays for next to nothing but like you said most of his money is in the form of bonuses and such that can be pro rated and stretched out. He played in 2016 for 750K and in 2o17 for 1 million but his cap hits for each year were in the 14 million dollar neighborhood. That's some serious signing bonus/guaranteed money right there. Don't get me wrong. TB has certainly signed some very team friendly deals to allow the Patriots to remain competitive where the cap is concerned and his over all compensation has been pretty reasonable but don't feel to bad for him because despite some low annual salaries he has made a lot of money.

As far as Giselle is concerned 2017 was the first year I could find that Tom actually earned more than she did.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Let's also not forget that Brady can be fairly confident that the money he gives up will be used wisely by a GM and coach that have a proven track record of being VERY successful. Rodgers doesn't exactly have that certainty.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's also not forget that Brady can be fairly confident that the money he gives up will be used wisely by a GM and coach that have a proven track record of being VERY successful. Rodgers doesn't exactly have that certainty.
That's very true. Although lately some of Belichick's moves seem to be self destructive where the Patriots are concerned. So Brady may not have that confidence much longer. Of course, that could all be part of a Belichick plan to get rid of him, who knows?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This. NE always has a good roster and a lot of cap space. GB has an average roster and none. Belichick would not sign guys like Cobb, Perry, and Bulaga to big contracts because he know the performance or availability would not live up to it. So he gets players just as or more productive for a fraction of the price. BB plays chess to our FO's tic-tac-toe.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This. NE always has a good roster and a lot of cap space. GB has an average roster and none. Belichick would not sign guys like Cobb, Perry, and Bulaga to big contracts because he know the performance or availability would not live up to it. So he gets players just as or more productive for a fraction of the price. BB plays chess to our FO's tic-tac-toe.
i don't think NE has always had a lot of cap space. the thing is they actually use the space they have instead of sitting on it and rolling it over.

D

Deleted member 6794

What makes you guys so sure Rodgers wants to stay in Green Bay for another contract?

Rodgers is well aware of the fact that the only way for him to get out of Green Bay is an ugly divorce with the team like Favre. I don't consider him wanting to go in that direction.

This. NE always has a good roster and a lot of cap space.

The Patriots have currently significantly less cap space than the Packers. I agree they have had more talented rosters in the past though.

H

HardRightEdge

The Patriots have currently significantly less cap space than the Packers. I agree they have had more talented rosters in the past though.
The Cooks trade just put $8.5 mil into NE's cap pot, bringing them up to about the same level as the Packers.

It's kind of pointless comparing what Hoodie does to anybody else. His approach is sui generis. He dumps/doesn't re-sign/trades handfuls of vets every year and replaces them another handful, even making trades mid-season. His cap space yesterday can be one thing, something quite different today, and something different again next week.

As for the Packers, cap rollover has been in place since 2011. This is year 7. And how much cap did the Packers start out with this year? $10 mil? $15 mil? I cannot recall. Either way, that amounts to something like $1.5 - $2 mil per year in unused cap per year, certainly no game changer.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Atlanta just signed Ryan to a 5 year $150M contract, Rodgers just got another raise! $100M guaranteed.

Members online

Latest posts