Rodgers concussion?

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wasn't all on Aaron. You win as a team, you lose as a team and Aaron is not the team. We don't practice Favre logic.

Ok Kitten you guys blame the '07-'08 NFC championship on Favre right? This is the SAME situation, just a less important game...who lost this game? Chokon Rodgers that's who!

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Aaron was hurt on the FINAL offensive play. When he hit his head on the ground...AFTER he threw that stupid pass. So no...today's loss is all on Chokon Rodgers, just like Arizona int he playoffs and Tampa last year. Nice try though.

The ground? I do not think so. To see a replay of the hit, see the link below:

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/104683859.html

The helmet-to-helmet hit is clearly evident in the video. The defender went up to block the pass, then lowers his helmet right into Aaron's facemask for the hit. In fact, he continues leading with his helmet all the way to the ground with his hands outstretched. He never let up. Very surprised the referees did not throw a flag- especially considering the similar circumstances that occurred with Zombo a couple games ago.

When Rodgers lands on his back with the defender smothering him, his helmet does not "whiplash" against the turf as can happen. The landing is quite ordinary-- so I would be surprised if the injury occurred there, and not on the wicked helmet-to-helmet hit.

I have searched the net and have seen nothing to validate Realpackerbacker's claim that it was the ground that caused the concussion. In fact, it seems quite the opposite to me.

Attachments

• rodgers1.jpg
    rodgers1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 144
  • rodgers2.jpg
    rodgers2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 113

PFanCan

Reaction score
Ok Kitten you guys blame the '07-'08 NFC championship on Favre right? This is the SAME situation, just a less important game...who lost this game? Chokon Rodgers that's who!

Regarding my opinion, you are correct. I put significant blame on Favre for losing the NFC Champ game. It's a team game, yes, but the QB is one of the leaders who should carry more of the responsibility (hence also the credit and blame) than average. So, after any loss-- I FIRST look at the performance of the leaders and coaches. Nearly always, the culprit is there. Of course, throwing a game ending pick or fumbling the ball on the last play makes the investigation trivial at times...

As such, I significantly blame Rodger's for the loss yesterday. His performance all game long was inconsistent. Yes, the OL did not get the job done, Driver dropped four passes, Jennings seems to be sleep walking, but-- the buck stops with the leaders, imo. And, Rodgers last INT directly led to the Redskin's winning drive. Elementary, my dear Watson.

I also agree that Rodgers short history of performance thus far is fairly empty of clutch wins.

One could easily argue that he made many "winning drives" in '08, only to be repeatedly let down by the failing defense. One also could easily argue that his fumble in the NFC Championship game was a direct result of having his helmet ripped to the right side by a facemask that was not called. Yesterday, he orchestrated a nice last minute drive in regulation, only to have the FG attempt bounce off the upright. Then, in OT, he was being drilled in the head by a helmet-to-helmet illegal hit as he released the ball.

But, history does not capture these details. Rather, it is written by the victors.

If Rodgers doesn't figure out how to earn the "W" (pay the refs more? :give_rose:), his legacy will be that he is a choker. Life's a *****, ain't it?

However, I doubt the nickname that you seem intent on giving him ("Chokon"?) will stick, though. Someone more clever than you will figure out something better.

asifp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys I have NFL Gamepass (live in the UK) so can watch replays of all games. Will take a look for the helmet to helmet hit

as far as Rodgers choking, he did drive us down for the game winning FG. Crobsy makes it and we call Rodgers clutch.

So it was more like Crosby choking not Rodgers.

asifp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok guys jsut saw the video that was about as clear of a helmet to helmet hit as it comes.

I dont have 10 posts so I cannot put in a screenshot. Otherwise I just captured it on my screen its as clear of a hit as it can be.

I have attached the file so maybe that works.

Attachments

• rodgershelmet.JPG
    rodgershelmet.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 146

asifp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the commentators are saying the LB had a twist and did not come up with his hands so the officials did not make the call, I am not sure what the rule is on coming with the hands and helmet to helmet stuff

Reaction score
check out the hit on nfl.com and you will see the helmet to helmet. these are the nfl rules on quarterback hits so again i think we got swindled. take your pick.

Late Hit:
The defensive player who is in pursuit of a quarterback has to make a reasonable effort to avoid hitting the passer once he releases the ball. A late hit on the quarterback after he has thrown a pass is often called "roughing the passer," and it results in a 15-yard penalty and an automatic first down. It is a judgment call by the referee, who is the official positioned in the offensive backfield, as to whether the hit could have been avoided.

Hitting in the Head
: Hitting a quarterback in the head is always a foul, even if he is in possession of the ball. Defensive players must get to the quarterback and hit him below the helmet to avoid penalty and record a sack. A blow to the head can be as simple as a slap and as violent as full helmet-to-helmet contact, but both are penalized the same--15 yards.

Read more: NFL Rules on Sacking the Quarterback | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_6730101_nfl...#ixzz123aOBD2u

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201010...kins#tab:watch

PFanCan

Reaction score
the commentators are saying the LB had a twist and did not come up with his hands so the officials did not make the call, I am not sure what the rule is on coming with the hands and helmet to helmet stuff

Here it is (page 85 of the rulebook):

In covering the passer position, Referees will be particularly alert to fouls in which defenders impermissibly use the helmet and/or facemask to hit the passer, or use hands, arms, or other parts of the body to hit the passer in the head, neck, or face (see also the other unnecessary-roughness rules covering these subjects). A defensive player must not use his facemask or other part of his helmet against a passer who is in a virtually defenseless posture -- for example, (a) forcibly hitting the passer's head, neck, or face with the helment or facemask, regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the passer by encircling or grasping him, or (b) lowering the head and violently or unnecessarily making forcible contact with the "hairline" or forehead part of the helmet against any part of the passer's body. This rule does not prohibit incidental contact by the mask or non-crown parts of the helmet in the course of a conventional tackle on a passer.

Pretty clear to me that it was a personal foul.

PackerManLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do the refs not like the packers or something??? Damn man this crap is getting old dealing with these freaking refs.

randymoonsthepacks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do the refs not like the packers or something??? Damn man this crap is getting old dealing with these freaking refs.

Trust me bad calls are abundant this year. I've seen bad calls go both ways for the packers this year. Same with the Vikings. I think the officiating is just **** this year.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Trust me bad calls are abundant this year. I've seen bad calls go both ways for the packers this year. Same with the Vikings. I think the officiating is just **** this year.

Even though you are a Viking fan I have to agree with you... Did anyone see that Offensive pass interference they called on T.O? That was terrible... should have been illegal contact on the DB... that was a game changing play... The officiating has been EFFIN terrible all through the National Fairy Leauge!

PFanCan

Reaction score

Will agree. Woodson has gotten away with more than he has been called. Did Bush kidnap Woodson, hide him in a closet and is playing in his jersey this season? Just a thought.

Anyhow, which of these three photos doesn't belong?

Attachments

• rodgershelmet.JPG
    rodgershelmet.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 113
  • UNTITLED1.jpg
    UNTITLED1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 109
  • UNTITLED2.jpg
    UNTITLED2.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 111

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That last play should have been a pentalty by the definition of the rules. :(

I'm really not sure about that, when I looked at the replay it looked like the helmet came to rest on rodgers helmet, not that he smacked him with the helmet. However, The officiating this year on so many games has been lousy and inconsistent.

PFanCan

Reaction score
The 3rd one. Helmet to helmet?
I was meaning to point out that the only photo that resulted with a penalty being called was the one with Zombo hitting Cutler. The other two involving Rodgers (facemask, helmet-to-helmet) were not called.

asifp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really not sure about that, when I looked at the replay it looked like the helmet came to rest on rodgers helmet, not that he smacked him with the helmet. However, The officiating this year on so many games has been lousy and inconsistent.

if you read the rule it clearly states, regardless of the type of hit, smack to the helmet or just a touch, any contact is a penalty. If you see the video again you can clearly see helmet to helmet with Rodgers head moving back. Yes it was not full speed, but that does not matter. Contact = penalty

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was meaning to point out that the only photo that resulted with a penalty being called was the one with Zombo hitting Cutler. The other two involving Rodgers (facemask, helmet-to-helmet) were not called.

Got you, I was thinking that too as you were discussing penalties! At least I picked the right photo, LOL! I still think if Zombo got the penalty/ fine, something should be done about the hit on Rogers. It's too late for the penalty but if the league is going to set a precedent, they need to be consistent with it. Otherwise people are going to keep doing it if there is a chance they may not draw the flag.

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If penalties are going to have that big of an impact on games, then the NFL should make them reviewable. What's the point of having rules if sometimes they are called and sometimes they're not :rules:.

If penalties are reviewable then there will be less chance of a BS call or no call leaving players and fans feeling cheated.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts