Rodgers Concerned About Perceived Toughness?

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, if that's the case I would lose sooooo much respect for coaches and players. They have all week to enact a gameplan. It's not like Flynn is RGIII, the offense doesn't change that much. Our offense is built around a pocket-qb so no matter who is in, our passing attack isn't any different in concept. The Packers aren't running a whole new set of plays for Flynn. The ONLY difference would be more of an emphasis on the run but since we'd be running the EXACT same plays with Rodgers or Flynn in (just fewer runs) how exactly does the gameplan change? Don't start buying all that cloak-and-dagger bull from the coaches. About the only thing the Bears, etc. might have to focus more on the short passing game vs with Rodgers you have to make sure the safeties are aware of the deep ball. That shouldn't take more than a couple hours?

Also, this game is built for the FANS. I think the coaches and some people lose sight of that fact. As for my "generalistic" comments, please, since you must obviously have numerous specific examples, let me know which games have been swung because the coach said a player was 25/75 vs just saying he was out.
Thanks for answering your own question concerning the differences between gameplanning for Rodgers and Flynn. I'm sure there are a few other differences in AR's and Flynn's play that a D could key in on as well.

The game may be "built for the fans" however that doesn't entitle you to detailed information about a private matter such as an injury to a player. You have absolutely no right to that information, and that is the end of that discussion.

Where did I say this tactic swings games? When did I say it was effective? You seem to be misinterpreting my point. All I've ever said is that "this" is what was likely going on and that it is not your business to know specifics about AR's injury if him or the Packers choose not to share.

Please save your indignation for something that matters.

Last edited:

mor4les

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everybody knows the way the Redskins are dealing with RG3 injuries are the way to go, he is toughest QB in history....if he is lucky enogh he will walk to play a couple more seasons

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for answering your own question concerning the differences between gameplanning for Rodgers and Flynn. I'm sure there are a few other differences in AR's and Flynn's play that a D could key in on as well.

The game may be "built for the fans" however that doesn't entitle you to detailed information about a private matter such as an injury to a player. You have absolutely no right to that information, and that is the end of that discussion.

Where did I say this tactic swings games? When did I say it was effective? You seem to be misinterpreting my point. All I've ever said is that "this" is what was likely going on and that it is not your business to know specifics about AR's injury if him or the Packers choose not to share.

Please save your indignation for something that matters.

Obviously Rodgeres is a FAR better QB than Flynn but the routes the WRs are running and the protection schemes don't change that much. It's not worth the bother you put the players and coaches through. How many stupid questions have MM and other players had to answer about Rodgers all because the coaches refuse to tell the public anything? The hassle of having to deal with all of it can't be good for the offense or coaches, not to mention Rodgers who has to answer numerous questions on his radio show every week.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have first hand knowledge of a player or coach stating that the dog and pony show is a bother to them? Please, share the link.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have first hand knowledge of a player or coach stating that the dog and pony show is a bother to them? Please, share the link.

I still haven't received any first hand accounts of how a player being given a 25% chance of playing has significantly affected the opponent's game planning when that players replacement doesn't lead to a drastically different offense. And firsthand accounts? No, I don't talk to NFL coaches and players that often. I DO however read reporters and such and there have been numerous times where coaches/players have, according to reports, sounded annoyed and abrupt when having to continually answer questions.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still haven't received any first hand accounts of how a player being given a 25% chance of playing has significantly affected the opponent's game planning when that players replacement doesn't lead to a drastically different offense. And firsthand accounts? No, I don't talk to NFL coaches and players that often. I DO however read reporters and such and there have been numerous times where coaches/players have, according to reports, sounded annoyed and abrupt when having to continually answer questions.
As I've stated previously I am not arguing that the methodology is effective to any degree. If you'd like to pursue that topic please feel free to research it on your own. I won't however do it for you. If I were actually trying to argue that position I could see reasons for your instance, but I'm not and I wont.

Members online

Latest posts