Rodgers broken collar bone.. Season ending??

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1997 First team in NFL history to lose Super Bowl as double digit favorite
1998 The catch 2 ending any hope of a dynasty in addition to the fumble by Jerry Rice a few plays earlier
2001 Favre 6 pick game
2002 1st home loss at Lambeau
2003 4th and 26
2004 Get blown out at home by Vikings in playoffs
2007 Lose to Giants at home in NFCCG
2009 51-45 loss to Cardinals
2011 Lose at home as big 15-1 favorite vs Giants in 1st round
2012 Fail Mary costs us a 1st round bye. Have to go to San Fran as opposed to them coming to Lambeau, give up 45 and get Kaep'd
2013 Rodgers fractures collarbone and ruined any hope for home field advantage that year
2014 NFCCG was the saddest sports moment in my life
2015 Blow chances vs Arizona playoff game (Shields dropped pick)
2016 Injuries catch up to Pack for like 8th season under TT.
2017 Rodgers season may be over and hope for home field in playoffs is all but over

2010 Super Bowl was fun, but my time as a Packer fan makes me ******* sad. Much more sad than happy. Did the NFL gods only promise us 1 SB each with Favre and Rodgers? Since 2010 this team seems to be snakebitten. It's harder to get up for every season, but the meathead sports fan mindset in me keeps doing it. I guess I get knocked down and I get up again.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1998 The catch 2 ending any hope of a dynasty in addition to the fumble by Jerry Rice a few plays earlier
2001 Favre 6 pick game
2003 4th and 26
2012 Fail Mary costs us a 1st round bye. Have to go to San Fran as opposed to them coming to Lambeau, give up 45 and get Kaep'd
2013 Rodgers fractures collarbone and ruined any hope for home field advantage that year
2017 Rodgers season may be over and hope for home field in playoffs is all but over

2010 Super Bowl was fun, but my time as a Packer fan makes me ******* sad. Much more sad than happy. Did the NFL gods only promise us 1 SB each with Favre and Rodgers? Since 2010 this team seems to be snakebitten. It's harder to get up for every season, but the meathead sports fan mindset in me keeps doing it. I guess I get knocked down and I get up again.

Man... try being a Cleveland fan LOL

I'm from Texas but have many, many close ties(friends/family) in the midwest and have good friends in Ohio, particularly Cleveland, and man....

Those are some loyal fans

Also Detroit fans...

It could be a lot worse you know?

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just can't understand how Hundley looked so bad and MM had such a bad game plan for him. Hell,San Fran came back and almost won with their back up QB....CJ Beathard. For MM to be such a coaching guru,he screwed the pooch on having a plan for Hundley
We got beat by a back up quarterback today!

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2001 Favre 6 pick game
2003 4th and 26

Because we lost

Lots Fan bases wish they had that level of success. Just saying in some ways we are spoiled. Few actually do.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2001 Favre 6 pick game
2003 4th and 26
Those are some landmark hearbreaking moments for sure. I guess the only thing I can say is that they were good enough to be in position to have those heartbreaking moments. If they were sitting at home out of the playoffs, they wouldn't have had those big games.

It's interesting that you said 2014 was the saddest sports moment in your life. I'm not sure it was the saddest for me because at a certain point I just knew they were going to blow it, I'm trying to think of a worse one. I think I might have taken losing the Super Bowl in '97 harder, because as you say we were huge favorites (although I looked at the Denver team, and I thought it was a mistake that we were favored so heavily). The NFC had won 13 straight Super Bowls at the time, so we were the one to blow the streak. Also, the Broncos had never won a Super Bowl at that time, and we had never lost one, so both those streaks were done. Ron Wolf made his "fart in the wind" comment, and it really did feel like the end of something, and it was. We had the chance to be a small dynasty, and blew it. It was a good game though.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2001 Favre 6 pick game
2003 4th and 26

Dude get a crying towel. I was around for the 80's where we had 1 playoff season during a strike...and 1 close call where we got eliminated because of a Vikings win...hell my first 12 years as a fan weren't that great, and I'm here to tell you other fans here have it worse cause they remember the 70's! Grow up, sports aren't for those who still need their mommy to blow their nose, cut their food or wipe them.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
so....

If you have plays scripted you don't really need a huddle right? Because everything is already planned.

That's the WHOLE point, so you can go fast paced on offense with no huddle to keep the defense off balance
Refresh my memory of how many no huddle up tempo snaps Rodgers had before he was injured. How many of them were with the starting 5 OL and how many without? Did he even play long enough to get off the script?
Better yet. How many no huddle plays versus Dallas last week? Before the last drive. Hint, you can keep one hand in your pocket.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You could tell they were running some plays in the second half that Hundley wasn't comfortable with and/or they BARELY got in... as the play clock nearly hit 0 at least 2-3 times
And Rodgers never let play clock get to zero?

Swisspacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A back up who literally has better season numbers than he put up today...

I didn't even call it acceptable. It's just clearly not "slicing up."

We have to give him more time, he needs more reps with the starters. We need to wait 'till the Saints game before we judge him. Have trust in our QB! He had two years to learn from the best

Swisspacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly no Diggs, a back up qb, and yet I’m told it was a positive, acceptable, or better than average showing. No sir. Without Rodgers this team will be exposed.

As a Packersfan you have to stand behind your team. Trust them! At the moment we can just guess what will happen. We have to wait 'till the Saints game to judge the team, the coaches or the staff. If Hundley should be that bad we still can pick up Kaepernik

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's time for the team to regroup and Hundley to get to work. He was thrust into a poor situation, and it showed. I was at the game, and he looked terrible. There were reasons for that, i remember one play, he was in shotgun, took 3 steps back and as his back foot dropped on this 3rd step his was ****ing nailed. Taken right off his feet from his left side. The poor guy didn't have a chance in hell at succeeding on a lot of plays. But there were also more than a couple that he just flat out missed open guys with terrible overthrows. there were a couple plays that could have been made that weren't, like Montgomery's drop that should have been a TD, but overall this offense didn't make many plays at all. and Neither did our defense. No Diggs, no Bradford, mckinnon at RB and you can't get a bunch of 3 and outs?

On the road, great defense, and very little preparation. Let's see how he does when a little thought goes into making him the guy the offense goes thru. It's his time to get this team to some wins and then get us that 1st or 2nd round draft pick this offseason :) or not.

Swisspacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's time for the team to regroup and Hundley to get to work. He was thrust into a poor situation, and it showed. I was at the game, and he looked terrible. There were reasons for that, i remember one play, he was in shotgun, took 3 steps back and as his back foot dropped on this 3rd step his was ******* nailed. Taken right off his feet from his left side. The poor guy didn't have a chance in hell at succeeding on a lot of plays. But there were also more than a couple that he just flat out missed open guys with terrible overthrows. there were a couple plays that could have been made that weren't, like Montgomery's drop that should have been a TD, but overall this offense didn't make many plays at all. and Neither did our defense. No Diggs, no Bradford, mckinnon at RB and you can't get a bunch of 3 and outs?

On the road, great defense, and very little preparation. Let's see how he does when a little thought goes into making him the guy the offense goes thru. It's his time to get this team to some wins and then get us that 1st or 2nd round draft pick this offseason :) or not.

He had a good play with his decision to throw the ball for the touchdown instead of run by him self.
If he has a good week with practicing as a starter I gues she will play good.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So with all those first five things you mentioned, what in game adjustments could have been done to make up for all of that?

Also, do you think no adjustments were made during the two second half comebacks this season?

Lol seriously? the "adjustment" just went down for the season. Now you will get to witness first hand AGAIN how incaple MM is at scraping his game plan if it's not working, and how Capers defense isn't built to hold up..especially since we are about to see a lot of 3 and outs.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers losing Rodgers is obviously a crushing blow to the team's chances of reaching the playoffs for a ninth consecutive season but I'm not ready to give up on the team just yet. We'll find out over the next few weeks if talk about Hundley being a legitimate starter in the league this past offseason were justified pretty soon. In addition the question about the overall talent level of the team without considering #12 will be answered.

FWIW there's no reason to believe Rodgers will be able to play in eight weeks again as last time he broke the collarbone on his left shoulder, unfortunately this time it happened to his throwing arm.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It's time for the team to regroup and Hundley to get to work. He was thrust into a poor situation, and it showed. I was at the game, and he looked terrible. There were reasons for that, i remember one play, he was in shotgun, took 3 steps back and as his back foot dropped on this 3rd step his was ******* nailed. Taken right off his feet from his left side. The poor guy didn't have a chance in hell at succeeding on a lot of plays. But there were also more than a couple that he just flat out missed open guys with terrible overthrows. there were a couple plays that could have been made that weren't, like Montgomery's drop that should have been a TD, but overall this offense didn't make many plays at all. and Neither did our defense. No Diggs, no Bradford, mckinnon at RB and you can't get a bunch of 3 and outs?

Which is exactly why were in trouble. Rodgers had the ability to move around back there and avoid certain pressure points from the pass rush. He also saw things coming way ahead of schedule. To expect Hundley to be able to do that at Rodgers level is ridiculous.

Let's face it. We're gonna be developing a QB in the middle of a Super Bowl run. I'm sure the offense will change on how they do some things but I don't believe we have the defense to be able to play that way. At least not now. End of story.

D

Deleted member 6794

Let's face it. We're gonna be developing a QB in the middle of a Super Bowl run. I'm sure the offense will change on how they do some things but I don't believe we have the defense to be able to play that way.

You have to realize the Packers aren't in the middle of a Super Bowl run anymore if Rodgers is lost for the season. They might be good enough to win some games and somehow sneak into the playoffs though, possibly giving #12 a chance to play again nearly 12 weeks from now.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You have to realize the Packers aren't in the middle of a Super Bowl run anymore if Rodgers is lost for the season. They might be good enough to win some games and somehow sneak into the playoffs though, possibly giving #12 a chance to play again nearly 12 weeks from now.

I suppose that's the anxiety of the whole situation is not knowing when Rodgers will be back and holding onto hope that he even can come back this year.

D

Deleted member 6794

I suppose that's the anxiety of the whole situation is not knowing when Rodgers will be back and holding onto hope that he even can come back this year.

Once again I fully expect that it will take Rodgers more than seven weeks to come back from it as he suffered the broken collarbone on his throwing arm this time.

D

Deleted member 6794

FWIW Ian Rapoport reports that while Rodgers will undergo further tests to determine the next course of action there's a chance, but just a chance, Rodgers will return late during the 2017 season.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man... try being a Cleveland fan LOL

I'm from Texas but have many, many close ties(friends/family) in the midwest and have good friends in Ohio, particularly Cleveland, and man....

Those are some loyal fans

Also Detroit fans...

It could be a lot worse you know?

Cleveland fan? You shoulda mentioned the Cowboys. As dominant as they were in the 90s, just go to your typical diehard fan there and they'll have some kind of heartbreak to complain about in recent times.

Or how bout the Falcons fans? They've had more good seasons crash n burn in flames plus last year's Superbowl than any other team in league history.

This Lambeau Lombardi dude is clueless.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As Bill Parcells once said: "You are what your record says you are." This team was 4-1 coming into this game and has a lot of talent on it besides Rodgers... Jordy Nelson, Davante Adams, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Clay Matthews and Mike Daniels, to name a few. All of these guys would be welcome on a team looking to win the Super Bowl. Do I think we'll win it all with Hundley behind center? Not a chance. But we would certainly have a legit shot with Rodgers or a decent veteran in his place.

TT isn't the problem. Injuries and our vastly overrated DC are.

He isn't the problem, but he's a problem.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea Goff and Wentz don't have good physical traits and they haven't been successful at all early on right?
Goff was a greasy stink pile last year. Wentz was spotty. I don't consider either one a sure thing yet...

You trying to make this about race? Get lost drama queen.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts