Rodgers broken collar bone.. Season ending??

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
God I hate the Vikings.. that's all I have left to say

I lived in the Twin Cities and Minneapolis has some nice women and good breweries but that's all I have left to say...

I hope they lose every game for the remainder of the season... somehow, some way

I would rather have the Lions win the division if we don't win it honestly lol

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
So where does that put the timetable or is there one?
I haven't watched the presser, just seen a tweet from Rapoport, but according to him, it likely means he's out for the season. McCarthy said his season is "potentially" over. But according to Demovsky, having surgery would yield the best results and would provide the best timetable as well.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't watched the presser, just seen a tweet from Rapoport, but according to him, it likely means he's out for the season. McCarthy said his season is "potentially" over. But according to Demovsky, having surgery would yield the best results and would provide the best timetable as well.

I still think when they are referring to potentially 'out for the season' they are referring to the regular season, not potentially the postseason. Obviously if we don't make it than yeah, it's the season anyway.

It is almost unheard of for a broken clavicle injury of any type to require more than a 12 week recovery timetable. That's 12 weeks for anyone, let alone a professional athlete, and that's to be at 100%, with absolutely no lingering effects of the injury, not just potentially good enough to play.

So an absolute worst case, 12 week scenario would set a return date of the first playoff round. So hypothetically if we were to still be playing then, I think it is highly unlikely Rodgers wouldn't be available by then.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
God I hate the Vikings.. that's all I have left to say

I lived in the Twin Cities and Minneapolis has some nice women and good breweries but that's all I have left to say...

I hope they lose every game for the remainder of the season... somehow, some way

I would rather have the Lions win the division if we don't win it honestly lol
It's not a coincidence the in division teams try to injure our players (Suh in 2014, Trevathan, and Barr). They are sick of us kicking their ***. Barr was the least dirty out of all of them, but he could have held up.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not a coincidence the in division teams try to injure our players (Suh in 2014, Trevathan, and Barr). They are sick of us kicking their ***. Barr was the least dirty out of all of them, but he could have held up.

f*** Suh

Nobody likes him...

great/talented player... OBVIOUSLY

But I have friends in Detroit, or MI in general, who didn't like him as a person
I even know sports fans at Nebraska who didn't like him as a person

I'd rather have Stafford(Dallas native) and the Lions win then the Vikings

And let's be real... the Bears aren't gonna be a threat for awhile now, they might have a worse defense then even us so lol

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's why I'm irate right now. After thinking about how the season has went-it ****** me off that teams are trying to knock our players out of the game and we're not fighting back enough. It's obvious to me that opponents have decided that this year they'd get rid of us by any means necessary-since after the Dallas game it was clear that we got the Equalizer and you can't stop our offense with him playing at his optimum level. So since most of these ****** teams can't out-scheme us they're just settling on hurting us.

The hit on Adams was a spear with the crown of the helmet at his jaw. While he was being stood up. Dirtiest play I've ever seen on TV. Barr was looking at Aaron the whole time because he was spying him. He saw he was throwing and kept coming like a speeding torpedo after he already let the ball go. I've seen on far too many occasions a defender (Warren Sapp on Brett Favre, for example) either hold up and not hit the QB or at least just give them a shove slight enough to where they won't be injured. Barr went thru Aaron like he was a damn fullback that just caught a flat route. ****ing ********.

HHCD better ****ing start going back to hitting like he did as a rookie. I want some heads of opposing teams to roll. Someone has to pay for teams trying to take our guys out. We cannot let opponents punk us. Playoffs or not. You gotta protect your brothers, and right now that means we gotta hurt some guys to send a message. You take my guy out-ima take your guy out.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's why I'm irate right now. After thinking about how the season has went-it ****** me off that teams are trying to knock our players out of the game and we're not fighting back enough. iThe hit on Adams was a spear with the crown of the helmet at his jaw. While he was being stood up. Dirtiest play I've ever seen on TV. Barr was looking at Aaron the whole time because he was spying him. He saw he was throwing and kept coming like a speeding torpedo after he already let the ball go. I've seen on far too many occasions a defender (Warren Sapp on Brett Favre, for example) either hold up and not hit the QB or at least just give them a shove slight enough to where they won't be injured. Barr went thru Aaron like he was a damn fullback that just caught a flat route. ******* ********.

HHCD better ******* start going back to hitting like he did as a rookie. I want some heads of opposing teams to roll. Someone has to pay for teams trying to take our guys out. We cannot let opponents punk us. Playoffs or not. You gotta protect your brothers, and right now that means we gotta hurt some guys to send a message. You take my guy out-ima take your guy out.

Yeah, the Trevathon his was dirty as f***

I was surprised it wasn't worse of a suspension, no one is arguing there

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol seriously? the "adjustment" just went down for the season. Now you will get to witness first hand AGAIN how incaple MM is at scraping his game plan if it's not working, and how Capers defense isn't built to hold up..especially since we are about to see a lot of 3 and outs.

Yeah, seriously.

How do you know adjustments were not made during the two comebacks this season?

Also, what games are you talking about when MM stuck to the game plan even when it wasn't working? Since it apparently happens all the time.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The difference between now and the 80s is that in the 80s you didn't get kicked in the nuts like you do now with the playoffs. I think the question that needs to be asked, would you rather be the Giants the last 15 years, miss the playoffs most years but have 2 Super Bowls. OR would you rather be the Pack, consistently make the playoffs winning around 10 games but having 1 Super Bowl. I think I'd take the Giants resume in this case. Playoff appearances are quickly forgotten, Super Bowls never go away.
Everybody is different... but I would much rather be the Packers.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see if you want to say 97 Super Bowl, but the first year I started watching was that year in 97. It didn't bother me as much since I literally just started watching.
I've been a Packer fan since the 60s with Vince Lombardi. I stuck with them through the lean years of the 70s and 80s. I will say this: winning is more fun.

That seems like a very “woe is me” way of living your life. There are 32 teams in the NFL, and 12 make the playoffs every year. To think your team should win the SB every year, or even win just because they made the playoffs, is borderline absurd. How is it not enough that we’ve been witness to winning seasons almost every year for two decades?
You don't expect to win the Super Bowl every year, but when you've had two consecutive Hall of Fame quarterbacks, expectations increase. Chances are we will never have this opportunity again. So you have to strike while the iron is hot.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude get a crying towel. I was around for the 80's where we had 1 playoff season during a strike...and 1 close call where we got eliminated because of a Vikings win...hell my first 12 years as a fan weren't that great, and I'm here to tell you other fans here have it worse cause they remember the 70's! Grow up, sports aren't for those who still need their mommy to blow their nose, cut their food or wipe them.
I see those kids in your lawn. Its go time!!

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
We have the best QB in the NFL 1 SB with him the beating on him are increasing, ever D lineman, or D back is just itching to put the wood to Rodgers, and have been successful this year, yes with a injured but totally outplayed Oline, I put this in MM lap totally, your franchise QB is taking a pounding and yet not a big effort in giving him more protection, no we don’t have the fastest receivers but when their open, a Rodgers has time with good protection or evading hits they can be Money for him, I like Ty mont but the young and up comin back is faster and not hurt, if Hundley is treated the same way with no chance of protection MM it will be second man down, we need and O coordinator, so MM can focus on the entire team especially the Dbacks,he may be, but it’s time to hand it off, and see where this takes us, no I don’t believe the season is lost but challenging...

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have the best QB in the NFL 1 SB with him the beating on him are increasing, ever D lineman, or D back is just itching to put the wood to Rodgers, and have been successful this year, yes with a injured but totally outplayed Oline, I put this in MM lap totally, your franchise QB is taking a pounding and yet not a big effort in giving him more protection, no we don’t have the fastest receivers but when their open, a Rodgers has time with good protection or evading hits they can be Money for him, I like Ty mont but the young and up comin back is faster and not hurt, if Hundley is treated the same way with no chance of protection MM it will be second man down, we need and O coordinator, so MM can focus on the entire team especially the Dbacks,he may be, but it’s time to hand it off, and see where this takes us, no I don’t believe the season is lost but challenging...

Did you go to college ?

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude get a crying towel. I was around for the 80's where we had 1 playoff season during a strike...and 1 close call where we got eliminated because of a Vikings win...hell my first 12 years as a fan weren't that great, and I'm here to tell you other fans here have it worse cause they remember the 70's! Grow up, sports aren't for those who still need their mommy to blow their nose, cut their food or wipe them.

I certainly remember. Since '62. Started out great, then Lombardi retired. Bengston, Devine. Forrest Gregg, Infante. Last few years of Bart Starr era were actually entertaining, had some great offenses with ****ey, JJ, Coffman but still lost more than we won. We have absolutely been spoiled the last 25 plus years. If Hundley sucks and Packers tank, I'll just look forward to a decent draft position for a change. Of course last time we had a sweet pick, it was A.J. Hawk. Oh well. I'm actually looking forward to watching the rest of the season.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawk had some very decent years, and I agree he was a 4-3 guy. That draft turned out to be pretty weak, particularly the top 15.

Did you ever look at his stats in the 4-3?
He was pretty good actually more than decent I would say ... I feel Urlacher overshadowed him in the division

H

HardRightEdge

Dirtiest play I've ever seen on TV.
I guess you've never seen Vontaze Burfict play. Check in with Antonio Brown; he might have some insight into the matter.

And you probably didn't watch a couple of those early Carolina games last season when Newton was getting the "fun" beat out of him with no flags. It was shameless officiating and this is coming from somebody who dislikes the guy.

There are a lot of nasty guys in this league. You can hardly go a game without seeing a comparable hit. It just so happens the Packers select players without such dispositions and coach them up to block and tackle within the rules. Ankle biting is optional.

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just watched the Monday presser by MM. I'll give him credit-he always sounds in command/says the right things. As a fan though, this time it's just hard to be convinced that GB can still contend with the roster as currently constructed without Aaron.

Mike has his work cut out for him, no question...

Brian Purdy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without Rodgers out, now is the COACHES time to step up.
Secondary looked like 7-on-7drill. This is a backup Case Keenum that shredded the defense.
Drew Brees is hyperventilating right now watching film. If Keenum did this, what will Breed do?
Watch the Packers win out, finish 14-2, Go Pack

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course we will. As dejected as I am over the loss of #12, there are still 10 games left in the season to enjoy. Win, lose or draw.....It is still the "Fricking Green Bay Packers"!

If people were only watching the Packers because of #12 and the chance he brought them to win on every given Sunday, than they really weren't die hard Packer fans.

meh, a fan is a fan. Losing Rodgers will have an affect on attendance.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His throwing side is what bothers me the most. I really hope this doesn't impact his future longevity. What a shame.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Without Rodgers out, now is the COACHES time to step up.
Secondary looked like 7-on-7drill. This is a backup Case Keenum that shredded the defense.
Drew Brees is hyperventilating right now watching film. If Keenum did this, what will Breed do?
Watch the Packers win out, finish 14-2, Go Pack
You do remember both starting CBs plus the starting SS and LOLB were inactive last week and that was before players started dropping like flies during the game. I expect better if injuries drop to 1 or 2 starters.

Members online

Latest posts