Rodgers AP athlete of the year; final Pro Bowl fan voting results in

Travis Duncan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ICON SMI

By Travis Duncan

Aaron Rodgers is the Associated Press Male Athlete of the Year, it was announced on Wednesday.

Rodgers joins the ranks of such notable sports legends as Joe Louis '35, Joe DiMaggio '41 Bryon Nelson '44, Willie Mays '54, George Blanda '70, Larry Bird '86, and Joe Montana '89 and '90 to name a few.

There have been a small bit of speculation that Rodgers could some how lose his grip on the NFL's MVP award based on Sunday's loss to Kansas City, don't count on that happening even if he doesn't put up huge numbers against Chicago or Detroit.

Mike McCarthy agrees, "Do I think he should win the MVP? Absolutely, I think the guy has had an MVP year. I think he’s been the best player in the National Football League."

-Final results for the Pro Bowl fan vote, which counts as one-third of the total vote, have been tallied.

Rodgers was the top vote getter in the entire league. Rodgers received 1,581,982 votes, his nearest competitor, Tom Brady, received 1,454,311 total votes.

Nine total Packers won the vote for their position in the NFC:

QB Aaron Rodgers 1,581, 982
FB John Kuhn, 322,260
T Chad Clifton 392,106
G T.J. Lang 327,740
C Scott Wells 436, 693
K Mason Crosby 184,665
CB Charles Woodson 763,198
FS Morgan Burnett 223, 292
ST Jarrett Bush 134, 696.

The Pro Bowl teams will be announced Tuesday Dec. 27th at 7 p.m. on the NFL Network. Players and coaches will cast the remaining two-thirds of the vote on Wednesday and Thursday.

-The Chicago Bears will roll out QB Josh McCown on Sunday in favor of the ineffective Caleb Hanie. McCown has not started an NFL game since Dec. 23 2007. He was actually coaching high school football about six weeks ago.

McCarthy called McCown an exceptional athlete who can make a lot of plays with his feet and has a strong arm.

-The Bears will also feature a running back which the Packers haven't seen much of, Kahlil Bell, who is expected to get the bulk of the carries in favor of Marion Barber.

-Left tackle Chad Clifton has returned to practice this week for the first time since Week 5 when he went out with a bad back. McCarthy said he really didn't watch Clifton in practice Wednesday so there's not report as to his first day back at practice and whether he'll play against Chicago Sunday.

Defensive end Ryan Pickett has not returned to practice as of Wednesday because of a concussion.

Right Tackle Bryan Bulaga missed practice Wednesday as did wide out Greg Jennings-both have knee issues and Jennings will look to return in the NFC divisional playoff round. Bulaga is not expected to go against the Bears.

-A Tweet from Packers fan antagonizer Skip Bayless Tuesday said, "I'll say it again: The NFC team the Green Bay Packers should fear most is Jim Harbaugh's reborn San Francisco 49ers." If the Packers and 49ers do meet, it will be in the NFC Championship Game, most likely to be held in Green Bay Jan. 22.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts