Rodgers a loyalist.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy just gets it. Theres more to life than money... He simply does his job here, and he will be a hero for the rest of his years. When the world is trying to ****** you, he doesn't change. Same woman, same team, same goals.... I respect that. Its becoming a lost trait in a world of me me me and now now now...

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy just gets it. Theres more to life than money... He simply does his job here, and he will be a hero for the rest of his years. When the world is trying to ****** you, he doesn't change. Same woman, same team, same goals.... I respect that. Its becoming a lost trait in a world of me me me and now now now...

He's a pretty smart guy, and I think he takes the long view. As a result, things have worked out pretty well for him.

He's protected his legacy, with a view towards life after football. Good for him.

D

Deleted member 6794

Don't get me wrong I'm thankful that Rodgers is the Packers quarterback. It's pretty easy for him to concentrate on other stuff than money when he will have earned close to $180 million by the time his current contract ends in 2019.

And while he says all the right things at the moment and I would like him to finish his career in Green Bay it's not a sure thing. Who would have thought that Favre and Peyton end up playing for another team at the time they were 32 years old???

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Favre situation was a tough one. He was obviously getting to the end of his career and Rodgers was the obvious QB of the future. You can't pay two starting QBs. And Favre made it easier to let him go by retiring. Of course you can't predict the future but Rodgers will be sticking around at least through his next contract imho. That said, hopefully we have the same situation when it is time for Rodgers to retire. Super Bowl bound!

D

Deleted member 6794

The Favre situation was a tough one. He was obviously getting to the end of his career and Rodgers was the obvious QB of the future. You can't pay two starting QBs. And Favre made it easier to let him go by retiring. Of course you can't predict the future but Rodgers will be sticking around at least through his next contract imho. That said, hopefully we have the same situation when it is time for Rodgers to retire. Super Bowl bound!

I expect Rodgers to stay with the Packers for another several years as well. There's a possibility the team ends up having a tough decision to make once he's close to the end of his career though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody knows what they'd do in a certain situation, until they find themselves in that situation. I know Rodgers is very mindful of what he says and does. I do believe he'd like to play every snap of his pro career as a Packer. Time, money, front office changes, coaching changes, injuries, roster turnover etc will all have a say in the matter too.

I see Rodgers as a step aside when it's time, type guy. I'm sure he's set himself up well for life after football. I can also see him as the, I'm going to do it one more time for all those that say I'm done, type guy too.

If things go well, it's 7 years or more till we need to revisit this

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who would have thought that Favre and Peyton end up playing for another team at the time they were 32 years old???
Well it was in September 2002 when Favre was exactly 32 (almost 33) that he opened Pandora's box by talking openly with Peter King about retirement. None of us thought he would go to another team of course.

Much like his knack for avoiding turnovers, I think that Rodgers once again gained valuable insight into how not to be a franchise quarterback by watching Brett Favre. He's stood in between Favre and Starr, seen the difference in how fans treasure one over the other, and knows the right path.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Hundley pans out, the front office will have another tough decision to make in 2 years. Would I be shocked if Rodgers was traded? Absolutely not after what we have seen with Favre and Manning. Do I think he will be traded? No...I think it is more likely that Rodgers retires early than him ever playing for another team.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Hundley pans out, the front office will have another tough decision to make in 2 years. Would I be shocked if Rodgers was traded? Absolutely not after what we have seen with Favre and Manning. Do I think he will be traded? No...I think it is more likely that Rodgers retires early than him ever playing for another team.
Hundley has to prove to be a reliable backup 1st before the what ifs

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley has to prove to be a reliable backup 1st before the what ifs
I completely agree. Just saying IF Hundley consistently shows that he might be something special, then I think serious discussions about Rodgers' future here should be made. When Rodgers was drafted we all had high expectations, but he never showed much promise his first few years. I think Hundley is already ahead of where Rodgers was his first year. That doesn't necessarily mean he will be better than Rodgers, but it is something to take into consideration.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The odds of the Packers finding another stud QB in a row is not good. I see Rodgers sticking around as long as he plays at a high level.

D

Deleted member 6794

I completely agree. Just saying IF Hundley consistently shows that he might be something special, then I think serious discussions about Rodgers' future here should be made. When Rodgers was drafted we all had high expectations, but he never showed much promise his first few years. I think Hundley is already ahead of where Rodgers was his first year. That doesn't necessarily mean he will be better than Rodgers, but it is something to take into consideration.

Hundley showed a lot of promise during the preseason in 2015 but there's no reason to put too much stock into it. He hasn't even been active for a single regular season or playoff game so appointing him as Rodgers' successor is way premature.

The odds of the Packers finding another stud QB in a row is not good. I see Rodgers sticking around as long as he plays at a high level.

It's unlikely the Packers will somehow end up with another Hall of Fame quarterback once Rodgers decides to call it a career. But taking a smart approach and developing a talented signal caller for some years behind #12 should at least result in the team having a decent chance of ending up with an above average passer.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley showed a lot of promise, he can move and throw. Give defensive coordinators a chance to learn what he does and then see how good he is. I admit I wasn't impressed with Rodgers at first, but it just shows, to me anyway, that he committed fully to learning the offense and mastered it. A guy that can move and throw can always look good short term, but it's that mastery off the offense, and reading defenses that will mean he makes it as a qb or is just an exciting backup.

He showed skills, but he still has a long long ways to go. The only thing changing the next5-7 year plan at qb is injury at this point.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not like Rodgers can go someplace better. Pats and Colts have a similar winning record as us in past 10 years with Steelers and Chargers slightly behind. With Brady and Luck, I don't think either Pats or Colts will be interested in AR12. He needs to move laterally to Steelers or below us for more money which doesn't make sense as he's already highly paid.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I'm thankful that Rodgers is the Packers quarterback. It's pretty easy for him to concentrate on other stuff than money when he will have earned close to $180 million by the time his current contract ends in 2019.

And while he says all the right things at the moment and I would like him to finish his career in Green Bay it's not a sure thing. Who would have thought that Favre and Peyton end up playing for another team at the time they were 32 years old???
He could have gotten more if he played his last deal out. But he kept the loyalty.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's not like Rodgers can go someplace better. Pats and Colts have a similar winning record as us in past 10 years with Steelers and Chargers slightly behind. With Brady and Luck, I don't think either Pats or Colts will be interested in AR12. He needs to move laterally to Steelers or below us for more money which doesn't make sense as he's already highly paid.

Favre joined the Vikings at a point when they had only made the playoffs twice in the last eight seasons. Star quarterbacks changing teams don't necessarily choose to sign with the best teams.

With Brady turning 39 before the start of the season there's reason to believe he won't play another few years. Therefore the Patriots could be interested in Rodgers at the end of his career.

The Steelers most likely won't be interested in #12 as Roethlisberger is only one and a half years older than the Packers QB.

FYI the Ravens, Saints and Broncos have a higher winning percentage over the last 10 years than the Chargers.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre joined the Vikings at a point when they had only made the playoffs twice in the last eight seasons. Star quarterbacks changing teams don't necessarily choose to sign with the best teams.

With Brady turning 39 before the start of the season there's reason to believe he won't play another few years. Therefore the Patriots could be interested in Rodgers at the end of his career.

The Steelers most likely won't be interested in #12 as Roethlisberger is only one and a half years older than the Packers QB.

FYI the Ravens, Saints and Broncos have a higher winning percentage over the last 10 years than the Chargers.

Favre went to Vikings only after Packers preferred to go with Rodgers.

Very slim probability for Pats going for a Rodgers at the end of his career. After Brady, they'll go young.

The only upside possibility for Rodgers moving out is when you have a team with big cap space offering him insane money, the probability of which is also very slim.

I frankly see no teams where Rodgers would consider as a step up from now. And nobody wants to leave their comfort zone for a lateral move.

D

Deleted member 6794

Favre went to Vikings only after Packers preferred to go with Rodgers.

Very slim probability for Pats going for a Rodgers at the end of his career. After Brady, they'll go young.

The only upside possibility for Rodgers moving out is when you have a team with big cap space offering him insane money, the probability of which is also very slim.

I frankly see no teams where Rodgers would consider as a step up from now. And nobody wants to leave their comfort zone for a lateral move.

I don't think Rodgers ever wanting to play for another team. There's a slim possibility that the Packers prefer to move on from him close to the end of his career with him still having the desire to play though.

1940sfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the guy makes millions doing something as simple as throwing a ball.
I dont see much good guy sacrifice going on here.

Reaction score
Funny. I've been calling it that for years
"Me-Now Syndrome"
What's in it for me.. And why is it taking soooo long!
Well said my friend

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Knowing how cutthroat the league is and how easily you can find yourself in another jersey before the end of your career, this one I just want to enjoy for now. If it were any other team I wouldn't see this turning as many heads but for a team that prides itself on diehard loyalty I guess it's not so bad that everyone gets a warm and fuzzy thinking that #12 bleeds green and gold as much as the fans do.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The days of superstars never playing with another team ended when Edmonton traded Gretzky.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts