1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rod Woodson still says Packers the best

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Dec 2, 2010.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    On NFL network he says even though the Falcons beat them, he still thinks Packers are the best team over all..S/T, defense and offense

Points out the Rodgers fumble and the non call on the Tony G catch, w/o those 2 Pack win

He even says they play Falcons in the dome again, Pack win

I think he might be stretching it a little..But good to know talking heads like us still

2. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    I think that speaks volumes, RWood is a serious football head, he knows. I believe him.
    I would love to get into the head of CWood and get his honest answer. But I bet he thinks so too.
    Green Bay has done so much with so little (injuries) that they have to find a way to lose (S/T). Honestly, this team is a testament to the old game, fortitude and steadfast belief in the system.
    I'm loving it.

• Like Like x 4
  3. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    Maybe it's because he sees what packerfans see I know we have problems in the run game s.t.but feel if they can work on the run game just to move enough to get a first down kind of what they were doing with Khun sorry may have spelled his name wrong.Just enough to keep getting down field and s.t to give us good field position I think if they can do that our chances are good I think they want it just like in the past.But they are keeping those thoughts to themselves.

4. FiercePierce6

FiercePierce6 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't think that is stretching it a little at all. I think it's definitely possible!

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Always liked him, one of Purdue's finest.

6. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Rod knows his football. His one of the rare "experts" that do so.

I take his takes much more seriously than Merril Hodge and such.

The guys that I most respect are him, Sterling and Trent Dilfer (who IMHO is a douchebag, but he knows his football). Collinsworth also knows, but he's just too big of a douche...

The guys I least respect? Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Jaworski, Jamie Dukes.

And Matt Millen. How that guys still has a job talking about the NFL is beyond me. It's an abomination.

7. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Trent Dilfer the backup QB who won a Superbowl? hahaha he wont know what football was if it hit him in the face

8. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Very different being a good QB and a good analyst.

Ask Dan Marino and Troy Aikman.

9. JoshuaRHuffman

JoshuaRHuffman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    Doesn't really matter if we're the best.

Until we're more consistent in winning close games, its moot. Same story since 2008. Not a Rodgers thing, but its a whole team thing that doesn't unify all at once. They'll figure it out, eventually.

10. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Well, rod does have a conflict of interest since his cousin plays for us now. Still good for the pack to get some love.

11. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Lol Sir Charles isn't his cousin, actually...

12. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    We need to beat the 49ers, and westbrook worries me. Did anyone watch monday night football? westbrook looked like he did when he played for philly and we have bad memorys playing philly!!

13. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192
    Yeah but did you watch the team he was playing? The cardinals are just horrible let's see what he can do vs a semi decent rush d. If we can hold turner just above 100 we can completely shut down bw.

14. Archangel

Archangel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I think we would have won not just the Falcons game, but the others too if we had a good running back, and or if Grant was not hurt.

15. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    They are distant cousins. Rod woodson looked into it and said yes, they actually are related, distantly.