Rod Woodson still says Packers the best

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
On NFL network he says even though the Falcons beat them, he still thinks Packers are the best team over all..S/T, defense and offense

Points out the Rodgers fumble and the non call on the Tony G catch, w/o those 2 Pack win

He even says they play Falcons in the dome again, Pack win

I think he might be stretching it a little..But good to know talking heads like us still

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I think that speaks volumes, RWood is a serious football head, he knows. I believe him.
I would love to get into the head of CWood and get his honest answer. But I bet he thinks so too.
Green Bay has done so much with so little (injuries) that they have to find a way to lose (S/T). Honestly, this team is a testament to the old game, fortitude and steadfast belief in the system.
I'm loving it.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe it's because he sees what packerfans see I know we have problems in the run game s.t.but feel if they can work on the run game just to move enough to get a first down kind of what they were doing with Khun sorry may have spelled his name wrong.Just enough to keep getting down field and s.t to give us good field position I think if they can do that our chances are good I think they want it just like in the past.But they are keeping those thoughts to themselves.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rod knows his football. His one of the rare "experts" that do so.

I take his takes much more seriously than Merril Hodge and such.

The guys that I most respect are him, Sterling and Trent Dilfer (who IMHO is a *********, but he knows his football). Collinsworth also knows, but he's just too big of a ******...

The guys I least respect? Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Jaworski, Jamie Dukes.

And Matt Millen. How that guys still has a job talking about the NFL is beyond me. It's an abomination.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't really matter if we're the best.

Until we're more consistent in winning close games, its moot. Same story since 2008. Not a Rodgers thing, but its a whole team thing that doesn't unify all at once. They'll figure it out, eventually.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Well, rod does have a conflict of interest since his cousin plays for us now. Still good for the pack to get some love.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to beat the 49ers, and westbrook worries me. Did anyone watch monday night football? westbrook looked like he did when he played for philly and we have bad memorys playing philly!!

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
We need to beat the 49ers, and westbrook worries me. Did anyone watch monday night football? westbrook looked like he did when he played for philly and we have bad memorys playing philly!!

Yeah but did you watch the team he was playing? The cardinals are just horrible let's see what he can do vs a semi decent rush d. If we can hold turner just above 100 we can completely shut down bw.

Archangel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we would have won not just the Falcons game, but the others too if we had a good running back, and or if Grant was not hurt.