Robinson's agent says WR eyeing return to Pack

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2777843

INDIANAPOLIS -- Troubled Green Bay Packers wide receiver Koren Robinson, in the midst of a one-year suspension from the NFL for violating its substance abuse policy, is planning to return to the Packers early next season, his agent told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

His agent, Alvin Keels, told the newspaper that to his knowledge, Robinson hasn't consumed alcohol or gotten into trouble since the suspension took effect four games into last season. He said Robinson has regulary attended Alcoholics Anonymous meetings and is looking forward to his return.

"Obviously, we hope he's able to get through his process," Packers coach Mike McCarthy told the Journal Sentinel. "He had a very positive experience in his time here."

Next week, Robinson will begin serving a 90-day jail sentence for leading police on a high-speed chase last August, while he was still with the Minnesota Vikings. He also was placed on three years' probation, assigned 80 hours of community service and fined.

Once Robinson serves his sentence and his suspension, his future is up to the Packers. General manager Ted Thompson has indicated he wants another veteran receiver behind Donald Driver and Greg Jennings. But if the Packers choose not to keep Robinson should his reinstatement be approved, he would become a free agent.

"There are no guarantees. He understands that," Keels told the Journal Sentinel. "But when Koren Robinson devotes his mind and his body to the game of football, you can't tell me that he can't take a roster spot on any team. There's not too many No. 3 or No. 4 receivers that are better than Koren at his very best."

But all of that depends on his ability to remain sober and stay out of trouble.

"That's been a problem," Keels acknowledged to the newspaper. "But it's been a problem that he has recognized and taken the time and the effort to correct.

"It's all on him. If he wants it, then I'm sure there will be a spot available for him. But he has to handle his business off the field, continue to work hard and be prepared to step in and help a team when he's able to come back."

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All-Pro Driver, 2nd year Jennings, and a mentally-healthy K-Rob...not a bad trio on paper. I just hope K-Rob gets it figured out because I think Driver and Jennings are going to be very solid next year.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You obviously can't depend on him being there, as one goof up and he's gone forever.
But he sure would be a help IF he can remain sober.
Guess we will see what this kid is REALLY made of.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2777843

INDIANAPOLIS -- Troubled Green Bay Packers wide receiver Koren Robinson, in the midst of a one-year suspension from the NFL for violating its substance abuse policy, is planning to return to the Packers early next season, his agent told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

His agent, Alvin Keels, told the newspaper that to his knowledge, Robinson hasn't consumed alcohol or gotten into trouble since the suspension took effect four games into last season. He said Robinson has regulary attended Alcoholics Anonymous meetings and is looking forward to his return.

"Obviously, we hope he's able to get through his process," Packers coach Mike McCarthy told the Journal Sentinel. "He had a very positive experience in his time here."

Next week, Robinson will begin serving a 90-day jail sentence for leading police on a high-speed chase last August, while he was still with the Minnesota Vikings. He also was placed on three years' probation, assigned 80 hours of community service and fined.

Once Robinson serves his sentence and his suspension, his future is up to the Packers. General manager Ted Thompson has indicated he wants another veteran receiver behind Donald Driver and Greg Jennings. But if the Packers choose not to keep Robinson should his reinstatement be approved, he would become a free agent.

"There are no guarantees. He understands that," Keels told the Journal Sentinel. "But when Koren Robinson devotes his mind and his body to the game of football, you can't tell me that he can't take a roster spot on any team. There's not too many No. 3 or No. 4 receivers that are better than Koren at his very best."

But all of that depends on his ability to remain sober and stay out of trouble.

"That's been a problem," Keels acknowledged to the newspaper. "But it's been a problem that he has recognized and taken the time and the effort to correct.

"It's all on him. If he wants it, then I'm sure there will be a spot available for him. But he has to handle his business off the field, continue to work hard and be prepared to step in and help a team when he's able to come back."

Good now maybe we can use him as leverage for moss.....ADIOS Robinson!!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
cheesey said:
You obviously can't depend on him being there, as one goof up and he's gone forever.

He was only a temporary fix and now gone forever.

Really? ****, I can't find a link anywhere that explains why his reinstatement was denied before he even applied for it. What did he do?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, i also haven't seen where he's "gone forever."
I think IF he gets reinstated he will be given a chance.
JMO

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know Robinson could make or break are receiver depth this year. He could really be a solid #3 and the deep threat Favre needs and he could also be a great return man. I wish him the best but that is a lot to ask for someone who may not be able to return (although I think he will) and for someone who has a history of problems off the field.

Members online

Latest posts