Robert Thomas (new LB from Rams trade) is rated 84 in Madden

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rated 84 overall in madden is pretty good. I noticed this when I was updating my rosters.

So, is it going to be Lenon,Barnett,Thomas till Diggs comes back?

And who is our defensive line? I'm assuming KGBJacksonJenkinsKampman

too many questions with the first game in less than 1 week.

Reaction score
Trom, its good to hear he is rated good. I would think that it would be Lenon/Barnett/Thomas or Manning. But with this trade being made and giving Thomas so little time to get used to Bates D, could Diggs be the starter come week 1? I sure hopw he is ready and is not rushed back just for the sake of playing.

On the D-Line, I think KGB and Kampman are locks as starting DE's. Jackson is a lock for one of the starting DT positions. The other one, I think, is still wide open. I can see Jenkins being used there, but Bates has said he wants to use Jenkins (and likes him better) at DE. I could also see Williams starting, but the fact is he missed considerable time this TC and might not be ready yet. In that case, I would go with Cole/Peterson. I think this week of practice, and the game film, will lead to the clear cut starter as our 2nd DT. (Of course, I assume this as the only other option I can think of is that we resign Hunt to the minimum and have him start. However, TT is a smart man, and he knows Hunt didn't give him anything then, and won't give him anything now. I suggested this to my dad, and well lets just say his reaction spoke for itself. :whippin: )

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hunt "IS" kinda good. Its just his attitude sucks, and injuries dont play a part in overall ratings.

Reaction score
Trom, as you have said, that yes Hunt had the talent, but he didn't have the heart and the drive. That was his downfall.

The thing iwth Diggs is that he said he wanted to go week 1, and I will admit that it is probably more likely that Diggs will be back around week 2 or 3. I do hope that Diggs is back in time though.

DeusNova

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It'll take Thomas a good 3 weeks of practise to adjust to the defensive scheme.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect Corey Williams to start at defensive tackle, and diggs may healthy enough to start Sunday.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh yeah, if he's rated an 84 on Madden he MUST be good. :D

J/K....

All I have to say on the LB'er subject is the sooner someone else starts other than Paris Lenon, the better off we will be. We are in for a long year at LB friends.

EDIT: Corrected a grammar mistake.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Robert Thomas (new LB from Rams trade) is rated 84 in Ma

tromadz said:
Rated 84 overall in madden is pretty good. I noticed this when I was updating my rosters.
Haaaaaaahaahaahaaaaaa....haaaaaa aha aaahaahaaaa......
(whiping tears from eyes) Pencil him in for the pro bowl then. How does he do in Gran Turismo 4? Maybe he can race at Laguna Seka after the season is over. I never want to hear a Packer fan question where I get my facts for my opinions again. :doh:

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Philtration said:
(whiping tears from eyes) Pencil him in for the pro bowl then. How does he do in Gran Turismo 4? Maybe he can race at Laguna Seka after the season is over. I never want to hear a Packer fan question where I get my facts for my opinions again. :doh:

Uncalled for.

I'm not going to speak for tromadz, but I think there was a general feeling from almost all Packer fans that they didn't know much of anything about Robert Thomas until the trade. All he was trying to point out is that the guy might not be half bad.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ORRELSE said:
Philtration said:

Uncalled for.

I'm not going to speak for tromadz, but I think there was a general feeling from almost all Packer fans that they didn't know much of anything about Robert Thomas until the trade. All he was trying to point out is that the guy might not be half bad.
I beg to differ. If I posted a comment about a Bears player being good based on his ranking on a video game you and 50 other people would have crucified me. If Robert Thomas is really that good then you should have at least had some ideal about who he is. I base my football knowledge on real live football and not Madden ratings. You seem very defensive tonight and are trying to make it look like I am here flaming. Get a grip. :crazy:

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look guys its just Madden. They rank it all on potential basically. Why else would he be ranked 84? If you look at his past stats, they arent that good. But he was a 1st round pick so they probably ranked him in the 80's solely on that fact. Cause if he wasn't a 1st round pick and with the stats he has he would probably have a rank of 65-70 in Madden.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I beg to differ. If I posted a comment about a Bears player being good based on his ranking on a video game you and 50 other people would have crucified me. If Robert Thomas is really that good then you should have at least had some ideal about who he is. I base my football knowledge on real live football and not Madden ratings. You seem very defensive tonight and are trying to make it look like I am here flaming. Get a grip.

WHO CARES? Why do you bother coming here with the same rhetoric day after day. This is a Packer forum. We Packer fans WILL talk about anything and everything Packers.

If your sorry assed team needs to be talked about, we wil do that. YOU want to turn EVERY topic into a Bears discussion.

YOU are beginning to take form of a TROLL more and more as time goes by.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheezy & PHIL are both right.... Why would anyone want to rank a Player in the NFL based on what John (I need to draw a diagram) Madden might say... someone else does his homework for him... You really think he takes the time to look thru all 12 million players in the NFL?

Post some links to "real" articles about Thomas, then discuss that....
From what I hear (PHIL) - Thomas is a quick study and damn quick to the ball.
Whether that's from playing on astro-turf --- remains to be seen.... Yet, he should pick up the simplistic Bates System pretty well.

Just the same, Bates letting Ray Thompson get away - was a mistake IMHO.
BUT, having said that... he must really be impressed with this Manning kid

I gotta tell ya - I was hoping they'd get Thompson re-signed to the PS... oh well. :-?

*:EDIT:*

ONE OTHER THING>>. GENTLEMEN.......

I DIDN'T JOIN UP ON THIS FORUM TO LISTEN TO CRAPOLA CONVERSATION.....
If you cannot avoid personal atacks, then don't post.... swap chat names or whatever.. but let's please... please keep it thread-based on your responses.... I'D REALLY APPRECIATE IT!

IPBprez out!

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#1. John Madden doesn't rank the players himself.

#2. I'm not saying he is good based on the Madden game. I am just saying I was surprised, and that it is good to have someone rated so high in a video game on our DEFENSE.

relax

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
I beg to differ. If I posted a comment about a Bears player being good based on his ranking on a video game you and 50 other people would have crucified me. If Robert Thomas is really that good then you should have at least had some ideal about who he is. I base my football knowledge on real live football and not Madden ratings. You seem very defensive tonight and are trying to make it look like I am here flaming. Get a grip.

WHO CARES? Why do you bother coming here with the same rhetoric day after day. This is a Packer forum. We Packer fans WILL talk about anything and everything Packers.

If your sorry assed team needs to be talked about, we wil do that. YOU want to turn EVERY topic into a Bears discussion.

Every time you rant I just laugh and laugh and laugh...... :crazy:

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Obi1 said:

I've noticed it lately too.

I've considered asking Ryan to take you aside and ask what the deal is, but I haven't been around long enough to figure out your purpose. So I'll leave it at that.

I just can't understand why a Bears fan would even want to hang out in a Packer forum unless he was out to cause trouble.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ORRELSE said:
Philtration said:
Obi1 said:

I've noticed it lately too.

I've considered asking Ryan to take you aside and ask what the deal is, but I haven't been around long enough to figure out your purpose. So I'll leave it at that.

I just can't understand why a Bears fan would even want to hang out in a Packer forum unless he was out to cause trouble.
Since you have not been here very long as you yourself admit, why don't you compare all of my posts with Obi1's and then decide who the ****** is here. I have tried to keep my personal comments to the smack area. Maybe you and Obi1 should do the same. If Ryan has a problem with me than let him tell me, but don't try to form a little group of whiney can't take the truth crybabies who only want others to tell them how right they are all of the time. You love to talk about every other team in the NFL but feel that the Packers are off limits to anyone who is not wearing green and gold. It sounds just like the

Members online

Latest posts