1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rob Zombie's Halloween SUCKS

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by tromadz, Dec 20, 2007.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I mean, I knew it would be different and not as good, but I didn't expect it to be so terrible.

Sorry, I had to get that off my chest.

2. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I saw it on opening night and thought it was pretty good. People want it to deliver the same thrills the original did but you can never re-create that.

It was a tough task to take on. You want to put your own spin on it but can't deviate from the original story or you might have well made another movie and not a remake.

I don't know what people expected.

3. Scythe

Scythe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It can't be any worse than House of 1000 Corpses. That had to be one of the worst films I've seen.

4. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No way I enjoyed the hell out of that movie. I thought The Devil's Reject's was great as well. I guess it's a matter of taste.

I like a brutal slasher with crazed, sick people. Rob Zombie is a master at that. The brutality is great and the camera work and just overall uneasiness of it all makes it enjoyable for me.

5. Scythe

Scythe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hated The Devil's Rejects and I'll probably hate his remake of Halloween. Zombie should probably just give up filmmaking.

6. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I loved Devil's Rejects. I thought House was just ok.

Rob Zombie is really good at 70s exploitation. If you don't like that genre, you won't like either of those 2 movies.

7. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Horror movies are such a topic of debate and disagreement. It just depends on what style you like. I personally hear alot of people who want to not see it all and be left thinking. To them that makes it scary. I want to see it all, the blood, the guts, the madman laughing, all in a cold brutal way. Zombie has a huge following, and though I didn't think Halloween was really his style, I understand that he is remaking a movie, not directing a new one from scratch

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    With todays special effects, it leaves nothing to the imagination anymore. Hitchcock movies wouldn't scare anyone now, as 99% of the time you were left with having to figure out in your own mind exactly what the "killer" was doing.

9. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I grew up watching slashers. Friday the 13th, Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Etc.

I remember my mom renting a VHS player right when they came out and renting Friday the 13th with it. I was probably 7-8 and I think it was the first scary movie I ever saw. Man I loved it. I am a huge fan of the good ol' slasher. I don't care about having an imagination. I just want to see who's getting cut up next and what tool the killer is going to do it with.

10. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    all those generic american horror movies are just tired and rehased junk.

11. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    House of 1000 Corpses was a much better homage to Texas Chainsaw Massacre than the TCM remake was.

I hate the idea of remakes, but I know that they are going to be made anyway, and certain things need to be changed from the original story. We've gotten a line-by-line, shot-by-shot remake before (Psycho) and it was awful. I don't really understand what people expect when they see remakes. People just say, "I expect it to be good", but your take may not be what someone else's would be. Can't please all the people all the time...

Halloween wasn't that bad. I thought they should have just made it a prequel, because all of the stuff with him as a kid was much more interesting than the actual remake part of the film. When it gets to him grown up, going after his sister, that's when I kind of lost interest.

The movie snob in me pretty much dislikes any horror movies after the Night of the Living Dead. There are definitely some gems in between, but they are few and far between.

12. flep

flep Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a big Ken Foree fan (and a member of his fansite Kenforee.com) Haven't seen the film yet. Ken only has a bit part in it.

Kens site is great and he even has chat sessions were he comes online himself and chats for w few hours. He had a foree fest in the UK in August.