Rob Davis Re-Signs

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
$820K as a Long Snapper!! I know the cap hit is only half that but come on.

He Long snaps for 4 punts, 2 FG attempts and 2-3 extra points a game.

That is over $6,000.00 for each snap in a game!!

Okay he practices the same boring thing 2-3 hours a day during the week but it is just getting to be a lot of money.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But what about the hot young long-snapper they just brought in from Canada? Has Thompson set the stage for a "long-snapper controversy" that could tear this team apart? I can hardly stand the drama.

Seriously, Davis is still reliable, so I like the signing.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
But what about the hot young long-snapper they just brought in from Canada? Has Thompson set the stage for a "long-snapper controversy" that could tear this team apart? I can hardly stand the drama.

Seriously, Davis is still reliable, so I like the signing.

that dude wasnt signed after his tryout, there is a thread on him below.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Okay he practices the same boring thing 2-3 hours a day during the week but it is just getting to be a lot of money.
Davis has been GREAT. Believe me, all it would take was a couple bad snaps, and you would realize how important he is. I used to think "Long snapper........is that REALLY a big need?" So i started watching him. You know what? He was in on more punt tackles then i at first realized! He's downfield FAST, and always around the ball. It's a specialty that you don't really notice, till someone screws up.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I feel like Ron Wolf when Craig Henrich left. "A million dollars a year for a punter?!! That's nuts!" Soon there will be a million dollar long snapper sucking up a roster spot.

The rookie Center for the Jets can do his job and long snap. There just has to be a regular player that can do it. There certainly is economic incentive for the player and the team.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't it kinda easy to find a good long snapper?? Its not like teams really need them for that much money even tho he has been doing a good job

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Isn't it kinda easy to find a good long snapper?? Its not like teams really need them for that much money even tho he has been doing a good job

Not really. If it was easy teams wouldn't be using a roster spot for it. When I was in high school I found out how valuable a long snapper really was. They tried using ME as the long snapper! Jerks! I got pounded by Dan our 6 foot six giant nose tackle.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Apparently you forget the "good old days" prior to Rob's making the team, when every kick was an adventure. I remember one, repeat, one bad snap, this year. Ryan was able to recover so it didn't turn out to be a disaster. Disasters were common in days gone by.

Salaries in the major professional sports are so out of whack that I don't flinch anymore when you look at cost.

We are the ones driving the price of the players salaries up with the hyper-interest we generate in the sports. So none of us have a right to complain.

The cost of each one of Brett Favre's passes(613 in 2006) into $11 million equals about 18,000 dollars per pass. Each one of Brett's T.D. passes cost the Packers 61,111 dollars. If you look at it like that, you realize there's far more to it than simple dollars.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
long snapper is like the pinkie toe. it gets neglected until it signs with another team (or another foot) and you fall on your *** over and over and over... forgive my analogy, i'm sick today and off work... MAJORLY bored.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I love the optimism!!! That is 27 points a game!! Only off by 8 points a game!! I hope you are right for next year!!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:

Apparently you forget the "good old days" prior to Rob's making the team, when every kick was an adventure. I remember one, repeat, one bad snap, this year. Ryan was able to recover so it didn't turn out to be a disaster. Disasters were common in days gone by.

Salaries in the major professional sports are so out of whack that I don't flinch anymore when you look at cost.

We are the ones driving the price of the players salaries up with the hyper-interest we generate in the sports. So none of us have a right to complain.

The cost of each one of Brett Favre's passes(613 in 2006) into $11 million equals about 18,000 dollars per pass. Each one of Brett's T.D. passes cost the Packers 61,111 dollars. If you look at it like that, you realize there's far more to it than simple dollars.

Ah, your doing what I do for receivers and TE!! Thousands of dollars per yard gained. Try it with Franks or Ferguson.

The $$ per special teams tackle is what gets convinces me with Davis.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off, I met Rob and he is a true gentleman, a captain and leader on the team. Also, I believe the moeny he is getting paid is at or near the veteran minimum. (once seen, I am sure "stats" Longtime will see how accurate I am!)

Well spent money in my opinion. Saying anyone on the team can snap is like saying all kickers are alike.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I feel like Ron Wolf when Craig Henrich left. "A million dollars a year for a punter?!! That's nuts!" Soon there will be a million dollar long snapper sucking up a roster spot.

The rookie Center for the Jets can do his job and long snap. There just has to be a regular player that can do it. There certainly is economic incentive for the player and the team.
Yup......and Ron Wolf said it was one of his biggest mistakes letting Hentrich go! Look at the Packers punting problems they had since he left. And Hentrich just kept on punting! He's STILL pretty good for his age.

Members online

Latest posts