rival fan visit

saintfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a Saints fan I figured it time I paid a visit to your site. Guess we'll be seeing each other next Sunday and was wondering yalls thoughts. I'm a huge Brett fan but I do believe his time has past. Also you will come to hate your new head coach. He is a players coach and a great guy but by no means is he a capable play caller or head coach. He wasn't even a decent offensive coordinator for us. Anyway I was just stopping by to say hey and wish yall luck on every game except your next one.....We owe yall for last year BIG TIME!!!!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi Saints!
I was lucky enough to BE at the game last year.
Alot has changed of course......you guys have a new QB, and of course Reggie Bush! Who sure looks to be the real deal!
I of course HOPE the Packers win! :wink:

OP
OP
S

saintfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not bashing Mccarthy just because he was once a saints coach but it is a real opinion of him. He sucks as a Offensive Coordinator and if he isn't much of that then there is no way for him to be much of a head coach. Haslett was a good coach. Not great but good. His demise was the play calling by McCarthy as well as a very suspect (means suck) defense. Bottom line is McCArthy just doesn't know what plays to call and when. As for his QB tutoring abilities....well don't hold Aaron Brooks against him. No one could help out that guy...oh yea didn't we get that gym from yall? Gee Thanks alot. Thats makes TWO things we OWE YALL FOR.
P.S. Don't hurt our Deuce or Bush this game...please

OP
OP
S

saintfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
YERCELL said:
And WTF is a gym?
Oh excuse me I meant "gem" but whatever.....
and speaking of a "terrible team" atleast some "terrible teams" do actually improve from previous seasons and of course some don't.......think about it my friend!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
saintfan said:
YERCELL said:
And WTF is a gym?
and speaking of a "terrible team" atleast some "terrible teams" do actually improve from previous seasons and of course some don't.......think about it my friend!

I think the Saints have upgrade considerably since last year. QB and RB just to name 2.

OP
OP
S

saintfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
saintfan said:
YERCELL said:
And WTF is a gym?

I think the Saints have upgrade considerably since last year. QB and RB just to name 2.
The biggest improvement made in the Saints organization over the last DECADE has been in the coaching STAFF. New HC, and both coordinators are the big improvements and will lead us in the right direction.....hopefully.

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well you've only beat the Browns so far, so don't get too confident. I'm not saying ish about us, but just a point of reference.

OP
OP
S

saintfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
YERCELL said:
Well you've only beat the Browns so far, so don't get too confident. I'm not saying ish about us, but just a point of reference.
Oh how true that is. Right now we could quite possibly end up 1-15 but even that is still one win better than GB. I actually believe the Saints will end up about 7-9 but the coaching staff has the right mentality which means more to me than a magical one year season. It's instilling the winning attitude that I am after and that is something Haslett/McCarthy just have no clue about. Green Bay has just about always had that winning attitude as they were always one of the top 10 teams in the league. When have the Saints ever been known for anything except loosing? Believe me I know all too well about the loosing and it sucks year in and year out. Now we have REAL hope. Stop by the saintsrevolution.com sometime and pay us a visit.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
saintfan said:
He sucks as a Offensive Coordinator and if he isn't much of that then there is no way for him to be much of a head coach.

Bottom line is McCArthy just doesn't know what plays to call and when.

Welcome to the site, but I have a real issue with those statments..

MAYBE he is not head coach material...but not a good O.C.??

McCarthy began a successful five-year stint as the offensive coordinator of the New Orleans Saints. The Saints set 10 offensive team records and 25 individual marks om those 5 years..

Saints led the NFC with 432 points and 49 touchdowns in 2002, both team records. In his first season in 2000, McCarthy was chosen NFC Assistant Coach of the Year by USA Today.

That year the Saints produced their first 1,000-yard receiver in eight years in Joe Horn and their first 1,000-yard rusher in 10 years in Ricky Williams. After that decade-long drought of 1,000-yard rushers, the Saints had one (either Williams or Deuce McAllister) in each of McCarthy's five seasons running the offense.

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think bush performing well in his first game lets his teammates know he's for real. That has to instill confidence in them. What was it, 140 some yards on 25 touches? Not bad for your first go around.

OP
OP
S

saintfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
saintfan said:
He sucks as a Offensive Coordinator and if he isn't much of that then there is no way for him to be much of a head coach.

Bottom line is McCArthy just doesn't know what plays to call and when.

Welcome to the site, but I have a real issue with those statments..

MAYBE he is not head coach material...but not a good O.C.??

McCarthy began a successful five-year stint as the offensive coordinator of the New Orleans Saints. The Saints set 10 offensive team records and 25 individual marks om those 5 years..

Saints led the NFC with 432 points and 49 touchdowns in 2002, both team records. In his first season in 2000, McCarthy was chosen NFC Assistant Coach of the Year by USA Today.

That year the Saints produced their first 1,000-yard receiver in eight years in Joe Horn and their first 1,000-yard rusher in 10 years in Ricky Williams. After that decade-long drought of 1,000-yard rushers, the Saints had one (either Williams or Deuce McAllister) in each of McCarthy's five seasons running the offense.
I wouldn't gice McCarthy all the credit for that. But by all means I want you to form your own opinion as he is now there in GB. I'm sure you will come to question his play calling soon if you haven't already done so.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
you wont give him all the credit for the records they broke but want to lay all the blame on him, cuz in your eyes they sucked??

Am I missing something?

OP
OP
S

saintfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
you wont give him all the credit for the records they broke but want to lay all the blame on him, cuz in your eyes they sucked??

Am I missing something?
Oh no I didn't mean for it to look like that is what I am saying but I do see how you got that. Haslett was/is a decent coach. Not the best but better than some. It was Haslett who made the best of what we had with his schemes. Still some teams just ate us alive. But when you are in a third and 8 and you run a play up the gut (after not being able to run) and it forces you to punt AGAIN for the 5th time in a row you'll see what I am talking about. Hell there were times when even Haslett questiones the plays that were called and he had to take the heat for it. Just pay attention to some of your play calling if McCarthy is calling them. I really do wish yall sucess if only because of Favre. In fact I hope Favre changes every play sent in to him...you'll win if he does.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
saintfan said:
longtimefan said:

Am I missing something?
Oh no I didn't mean for it to look like that is what I am saying but I do see how you got that. Haslett was/is a decent coach. Not the best but better than some. It was Haslett who made the best of what we had with his schemes. Still some teams just ate us alive. But when you are in a third and 8 and you run a play up the gut (after not being able to run) and it forces you to punt AGAIN for the 5th time in a row you'll see what I am talking about. Hell there were times when even Haslett questiones the plays that were called and he had to take the heat for it. Just pay attention to some of your play calling if McCarthy is calling them. I really do wish yall sucess if only because of Favre. In fact I hope Favre changes every play sent in to him...you'll win if he does.

Hmmmm.....sounds familiar. I think alot of us are catching on to this SaintFan

OP
OP
S

saintfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey think whatever you want. I honestly don't give a crap if the packers win or loose but I do care about Brett and obviously more so than most of you so called fans. Fair weather fans !!!

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watch it Saints fan you don't want to make general statements cause your bound to offend someone. I care for Brett more then my own family so you gotta watch it

OP
OP
S

saintfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
Watch it Saints fan you don't want to make general statements cause your bound to offend someone. I care for Brett more then my own family so you gotta watch it
difference is HE IS MY FAMILY. I'm done here.

Lock827

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Pack fans,

Saints fan here. Looking forward to this Sunday. I think we owe you guys BIG for running up the score on us last year.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey - welcome to the site, lock dude!! by the way, you may be able to return the favor this season!! j/k, of course! :)

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
saintfan said:
As a Saints fan I figured it time I paid a visit to your site. Guess we'll be seeing each other next Sunday and was wondering yalls thoughts. I'm a huge Brett fan but I do believe his time has past. Also you will come to hate your new head coach. He is a players coach and a great guy but by no means is he a capable play caller or head coach. He wasn't even a decent offensive coordinator for us. Anyway I was just stopping by to say hey and wish yall luck on every game except your next one.....We owe yall for last year BIG TIME!!!!!!
As far as Favre being past his time... Dont believe everything you hear from ESPN

Lock827

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never believe anything you hear from ESPN or as the West Coast fans call them

Eastcoast biased
S
Ports
Network

So, what's the prediction for this Sunday?

Members online

Latest posts