Rip on TT and MM in here

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will keep the ripping on TT and MM in this thread, as we don't need 10 different threads for the same thing. You're cooperation is appreciated.
We will move threads here if found anywhere else. Fair enough?

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry---I just don't know where to start. At least, MM is FINALLY calling out poor players by name. Maybe they can be shamed into performing. When TT gets back from vacation (or is it a sabbatical?) perhaps he could look around for another punter. Just a suggestion.

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
or
TT decided to become a hunter,
So he went and bagged a Punter,
Who was so cold his name is Frost,
And when his punts come up short he seems so lost,

Maybe we should give him a heating pad,
Which might warm up this young lad,
Helping him make long punts look so fine,
But placing short ones inside the 20 yard line.

Or perhaps it might be best,
To let him know he failed the test,
Thus letting him move on for warmer ground,
Where heat will dethaw that leg and long punts may abound.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
We're starting to sound like Vikings fans in here.
And your starting to look like the Vikings on the field (except at the qb position).

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
Zero2Cool said:
And your starting to look like the Vikings on the field (except at the qb position).

Hey bud glad to see ya posting again

took ya the pack losing but glad to see ya

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i cant even rip on TT here ... the season is still young ,,, but i think we may have botched some games .... this may haunt us come playoff time ... if we have a no playoff season ,, then ill rip on TT ...

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
4thand26 said:
Zero2Cool said:

Hey bud glad to see ya posting again

took ya the pack losing but glad to see ya

You are wrong, as proved by last year. Pack was winning, me still posting...
Took my CUBS losing for me to be posting again. But now, they are dead to me. Dead I tell you.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
You are wrong, as proved by last year. Pack was winning, me still posting...
Took my CUBS losing for me to be posting again. But now, they are dead to me. Dead I tell you.

I can relate. My Mets couldn't even pull out a win on the LAST day at Shea Stadium. Thus, they didn't make the playoffs. Quite disappointing.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's become too easy to rip TT so I've morphed into a glass-half-full personna. It calms my nerves & keeps my blood pressure at a healthier level.

Could this be the curse of losing the NFC Championship?

'06 Saints lose to CHI & then flop to 7-9 in '07.

'05 Panthers lose to SEA & then drop to 8-8 in '06.

'04 Falcons lose to PHI & then slip to 8-8 in '05.

Twice is a coincidence & thrice is a trend. Oh crap.

starr15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tt is my problem,mm i have no trouble with,mike,he has built the team on succesful potential,and hes a pretty good play creator too!

starr15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
see,if they really were bad,then we would be 0-5 and not 2-3.the falcons are rebuilding there team,matt ryan is amazing from what he seemed like in college,michael turner always was great,joe horn has great catching ability,and roddy white IS FAST.
p.s.atari bigby/a.j. hawk were out!

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont believe its a curse ... maybe a curse by the name of TT ... see what you are watching is the TT show now kids ... being that the season is still young i dont wanna bash ol snake eyes ( TT ) too bad yet ...

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is my rip:
1. I have no problem with the stand they took on Favre. QB is not the problem and Rodgers has performed well. We have no running game and defenses know that.
2. My biggest problem with TT is the draft philosophy. Worrying more about quantity of picks instead of quality. When you have a bad team you need more picks that average or good players. But we have a lot of good players so instead of trading away early picks to get more later we need to be trading away bunches of picks and move more in the first two rounds to get quality players that can have a bigger inpact.
3. Defense is our problem largely due to losing Harrel and especially Cullen Jenkins and trading Cory Williams so our DL is a weakness instead of a strength. Add losing Harris and injuries to Hawk and the core of our run defense is gone.
4. My problem with MM is that he is a Mike Sherman clone. Doesn't fire the team up and every time there is a bad play or call and the camera pans to him instead of getting fired up he is staring at his play sheet and seems uninvolved. He is a teacher but not a leader.
5. MM also needs to kick some butt for these guys that keep making stupid penalties (like Colledge) and bench them if he has to so he can get the message out that it is not OK. :(

HotKarlneedsabeer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, I'm like a kid in some kind of hate store. OK, first post:

I'm so glad we have enough money next year to afford our stellar O-line. Whew! What a relief saving all that money is Ted, thank you!

RobJohnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
Here is my rip:
1. I have no problem with the stand they took on Favre. QB is not the problem and Rodgers has performed well. We have no running game and defenses know that.
2. My biggest problem with TT is the draft philosophy. Worrying more about quantity of picks instead of quality. When you have a bad team you need more picks that average or good players. But we have a lot of good players so instead of trading away early picks to get more later we need to be trading away bunches of picks and move more in the first two rounds to get quality players that can have a bigger inpact.
3. Defense is our problem largely due to losing Harrel and especially Cullen Jenkins and trading Cory Williams so our DL is a weakness instead of a strength. Add losing Harris and injuries to Hawk and the core of our run defense is gone.
4. My problem with MM is that he is a Mike Sherman clone. Doesn't fire the team up and every time there is a bad play or call and the camera pans to him instead of getting fired up he is staring at his play sheet and seems uninvolved. He is a teacher but not a leader.
5. MM also needs to kick some butt for these guys that keep making stupid penalties (like Colledge) and bench them if he has to so he can get the message out that it is not OK. :(

TT sucks.

Favre covered up for TT's and MM's inadequacies last year, and AROD is unable to do that this year.

Favre is Great.

End of Story.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Paxvogel pretty well stated my beliefs. The problem with going for fewer but better picks next year is that now we need help in a lot of areas again. Both OTs need replacement very soon...OG NOW!...DE now...2 RBs with speed and power...a Safety...2 DTs, you can count on injuries happening here next year too...etc. That's 9 so far and we can only pray that no more big injuries hit us next season ala 2007. This situation begs TT to go after some FAs next year, but it's highly doubtful he will since it would signal that he's been wrong before. I'm not optimistic since he can't even find a decent punter.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RobJohnson said:
paxvogel said:
Here is my rip:

TT sucks.

Favre covered up for TT's and MM's inadequacies last year, and AROD is unable to do that this year.

Favre is Great.

End of Story.
AHHHHHHHH Farve covered all thier inadequacies. Ah Yeah I forgot I saw Farve play LB DE DL OG OT CB SS FS P PK. In Fact I did recall him leaping a tall building with a single bond. Be realistic people. Also as far as I am concerned I did not see MM or TT out with clubs breaking players legs knees caps ext.. Injuries happen to teams. Also teams can get healthy quick. SEE 2007-08 NY GIANTS. Rodgers has done quite well for us so far. He has small issues as does every player.He has however been exactly what TT MM and many of us have thought he would be.

Einstein

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heres a new one for you,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcQ-yuamzNQ

This is interesting. It shows Mike McCarthy and Jay Glazer coming back from playing golf together. It makes sense as to why Glazer has been breaking altered, over-exaggerated stories trying to ruin Brett Favre’s image. Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson have everything to gain by making Brett look bad. If they could make Brett look bad enough, then even if they lose people won’t hate them for kicking Brett out the door. This video also brings about a good point that the Packers did hire Ari Fleischer who could possibly have orchestrated this for the Packers. Ari Fleischer is the same guy that sold the American public on Bush’s WMDs in Iraq and made it seem as though the U.S. must go to war. I am pretty sure they are still looking for those WMDs. Jay Glazer also has everything to gain by this because he keeps getting national publicity for breaking these Favre stories. After seeing this, I believe Jay Glazer is nothing but a puppet for Mike McCarthy, Ted Thompson, and the Packers to use so they can sway the public opinion and make Brett look bad by getting Glazer to break stories that are embellished with false accusations. I find this utterly disgusting and won’t believe a word that Glazer writes do to his ties with McCarthy.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Einstein said:
Heres a new one for you,

This is interesting. It shows Mike McCarthy and Jay Glazer coming back from playing golf together. It makes sense as to why Glazer has been breaking altered, over-exaggerated stories trying to ruin Brett Favre’s image. Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson have everything to gain by making Brett look bad. If they could make Brett look bad enough, then even if they lose people won’t hate them for kicking Brett out the door. This video also brings about a good point that the Packers did hire Ari Fleischer who could possibly have orchestrated this for the Packers. Ari Fleischer is the same guy that sold the American public on Bush’s WMDs in Iraq and made it seem as though the U.S. must go to war. I am pretty sure they are still looking for those WMDs. Jay Glazer also has everything to gain by this because he keeps getting national publicity for breaking these Favre stories. After seeing this, I believe Jay Glazer is nothing but a puppet for Mike McCarthy, Ted Thompson, and the Packers to use so they can sway the public opinion and make Brett look bad by getting Glazer to break stories that are embellished with false accusations. I find this utterly disgusting and won’t believe a word that Glazer writes do to his ties with McCarthy.

Glazer is in MM back pocket, that is a given..where ya been?

Just like Mort, and all the ESPN reporters are in BF pocket

This story to me is just stupid on many levels..

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Einstein said:
Heres a new one for you,

It really makes sense that MM and Glazer would want to ruin Favre's reputation. They would like to get Favre so pissed off that he comes undone on the field and off, so people will be saying, "see??? MM and TT were right in pushing Favre out the door!" Their hiring Ari Fleisher proved to me they were planning spinning the media stories their way (and to invent a few more). Fleisher is the champion debator and image maker / breaker (sorry, I can't think of better words right now).

Lambow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This season shows exactly how much difference 1 player can make. The team played for Brett last season then themselves. Now they play for themselves like they should. Tompson and McCarthy have reverted to the pre-brett packers. Hope for a wildcard and bundle up. Lost to the fuggin falcons man. c'mon

starr15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT IS HORRIBLE,HE NEEDS TO GO.MM IS FINE,HE BROUGHT US SO CLOSE TO THE SB AND FAVRE RUINED IT,DONT BLAME THE STAFF.THE PLAYERS PERFORMANCE IS WHAT MATTERS!!!!!

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you want to rip on TT for some of his drafts, fine. Most GMs screw up on draft day (even Wolf did). But I don't blame TT for Brett being gone. I think it was mostly MM that is responsible for Brett being in NJ. TT reinstated Brett on the roster last August but it was McCarthy who had those marathon talks with Favre last August and not TT. Evidently Brett couldn't convince MM that he was committed to playing for us this year so TT then traded him to the Jets. The head coach is the one who decides who starts and we couldn't have to starting caliber QBs on the roster right now. :(

Members online

Latest posts