1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Right or Wrong?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by PackOne, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Wrong.. I think it is a common sense thing.. if you are in a busy freeway traffic area.. don't distract yourself with a phone call.. one hand or headset.. but in a rural area with little traffic, I don't think it is a big deal.

Wrong.. return the wallet with contents in tact, allow the owner to present a reward if willing and carry on with life without the guilt of taking a few bucks from someone wrongly.

R or W? - Seeing a former could have been girlfriend for the first time in years and striking up the what could have been possibly that both were too scared to show interest then but those flickers of feelings still exist amongst the two of you.. even though both are currently married?

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    LOL! Thanks Zombie!!! :D
    With all the types of people i have come in contact with over the years, i have learned to have "ammunition" ready for almost all occasions! My mind just thinks that way, i don't know why, but it does.
    If it were me with the feminazi, i would have looked at her, smiled big, and said "Why, THANK YOU! Coming from an obvious pig farmer such as yourself, thats quite a compliment!"
    I bet THAT would have shut her up!!! :lol:

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I have had this happen. When i was working for the Milwaukee Sentinel, while driving my truck i saw a wallet in the middle of the street. It had over $120 in it. I had to go back to the office in downtown Milwaukee, but after work i went to the man's house. Now.....I'm a VERY white guy, the man that lost it was black, and i had to go into a neighborhood where i stuck out like a sore thumb! :lol: When i was going through his wallet, i found his union book, which had a "layoff" stamp in it. I didn't trust anyone else to return it to him, so i went up to his front door and knocked. You should have seen the look on his face when he opened the door, only to see ME standing there! LOLOLOL!!! Anyway......i said to him "Did you lose something this morning?" He said "Yes, my wallet." So i handed it to him and said "Well, i found it in the middle of the road.....everythings still in it." He then opened it, and counted the money. His wife said "Who's at the door?" And he said "A man with my wallet....and the money's all here!" She yelled out "Praise the Lord!" He went on to tell me he had just been laid off, and was on the way to the bank. The wallet had all the money they had. He heard a strange sound from his car, and thought he had a flat tire. When he got out to check, his wallet must have fell out of his pocket. He then proceded to hand me $20. I told him "Thats not necessary sir, I don't want anything." He said "No, i INSIST! I had written off all my money, didn't expect to ever see any of it again. The way i see it, I'm way ahead!" He then thanked me again for being so honest, and i went on my way.
    I'll tell you what........the feeling of thankfulness I got from that man was better then anything.
    By the same token, i found a ladies purse with money, credit cards, checkbook.......I returned it to her, without so much as a "thank you" in return. Takes all kinds i guess!
    But i was still glad i returned it to her....even if she wasn't thankful.

4. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Thats okay!!

5. djcubez

djcubez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Amazing cheesey ! I totally agree with you, the feeling of thanks you get from the person is definitely worth more than the money. I've returned wallets, and a few cell phones before and most people are just overly gracious when they get it back. It just makes me feel like I did something right ;)

Funny story though. Me and my roommates had a party about half a year ago and this girl left her camera there. We gave her a call and let her know it was here, but before she got there my roommate took a picture of "the goat." Need less to say, when she looked at the pictures on it after receiving it in hand, the shriek we heard as she saw the interestingly positioned genitalia was all but satisfactory. Yes, a little childish, but very much worth it ;)

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Good one djcubez! :wink: :lol:

7. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just noticed this got skipped.

Wrong.

Just because one is married doesn't mean other feelings turn off. There is one girl that I will always have feelings for because we parted on good terms. It's best I don't see her ever again, but I hope she's happy in whatever she's doing. Of course, I wouldn't trade Mrs. Z for her, but you don't offer a shot of liquor to an alcoholic. Just best avoided.

R or W? Recently, a 62-year-old man in Houston shot and killed 2 thugs that were robbing his neighbors. The Court didn't convict him because they said it was self-defense. He was told by his neighbor to watch his house while they were on vacation and when he saw 2 thugs busting through, he grabbed his shotgun and went after them.

Should he have let them rob the house, even though his neighbors said to watch the house for them, or shot them?

8. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +645
    some questions don't have a right answer.

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't know enough of the facts of the case to decide. If he tried to stop them, to hold them for the police, and they went after him i say shoot away! If he just opened fire without warning them, thats wrong.
    If he was found innocent because of self defense, then most likely they went after him. Of course i'm just guessing, as i don't have all the facts.

10. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have mixed opinions on this Texas thing. I've heard a lot on the radio and I'd first like to clarify a couple things stated here. First, it never actually went to court. The DA took it to a Grand Jury which voted not to indict. Therefore the guy was never actually charged with a crime.

Second, he did not know these neighbors - he said as much on the 911 tape. He knew the people in the next house over. The new Texas statute does state that if you were asked to "keep an eye on the house" you could protect it as your own.

Now for my thoughts - first off on a gut instinct I have to say the guy did us a favor and got rid of 2 ne're do wells that were unlikely to have any positive benefit to society.

However, I also think he was probably a stereotypical gun totin' Texan looking for an excuse to pop off his shotgun. He was told by the 911 operator many many times - "do not go out there." At one point "do not go out there, I have officers not in uniform" (and one in fact was present for the altercation).

These burglars were not a physical threat to him until he presented himself as a threat to them. I don't believe he had probable cause to use deadly force.

Wrong?
    Fashioning a velcro gizmo to hold your cellphone to your ear in an effort to beat California's new "hands-free" cellphone law (this really happened - guy got a ticket).

11. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Cool. Two less thugs to worry about. People worry too much about criminals' "rights" A lot of times criminals have more rights than the victims. What happened in Texas was pure justice. They won't be ripping off anyone else.

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thats kind of how i feel.
    These punks put themselves into that situation by stealing from people that EARNED what they had. And how many more people would have been victimized by these scumbags? And.....how long before some innocent person was at home when these thugs broke in, and they ended up hurting or killing an INNOCENT person? I don't feel one bit sorry for what they got. Their own actions put them into that situation. Had they not decided to rip off people, and get JOBS instead, they would still be alive today. What David said is true........WAY too many people worry about criminal's rights instead of the victims. To me, when you cross that line and decide to become a criminal, you have chosen to give up all your rights. Anything that happens to you after that is too bad.....you did it to yourself.
    And too many people think prison should be a place to "rehabilitate" criminals.......to me, it should be a place of PUNISHMENT for what you willingly CHOSE to do. Why should we pay for cable TV, weight rooms, schooling and so on for criminals? What deterent is prison, when they know they get all the comforts of home, AND never have to worry about rent, or how they will pay for their next meal? Why do you think there is such a revolving door for prisons? If we made them terrible places to be, maybe these punks would want to do right when they got out, so that they would never have to go back there. :soapbox:
    Sorry.......this kind of stuff just bugs the crap outta me.

13. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I feel sort of the same way. While people can change, reading more about these thugs, I think it was doubtful and there was a good chance they would have gone on to do a hot robbery (cold = when nobody's home, hot = when somebody's home) and would have had to kill the inhabitants.

One thing I missed about Texas was that I had neighbors like this older guy. I'm not kidding. Wonderful people. Needless to say, I could not lock my doors and not worry that my house won't get robbed.

14. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
  15. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We need people like this in Canada with our crappy laws. Especially with the young offenders. They know it's a joke. There was a 15 year old girl who stole a vehicle and killed someone and just laughed about it in court. I'm sick of this. I will admit if you get a chance to listen to the 911 tapes of the Texas guy it's hilarious

16. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    My God! that is so wrong on so many levels!

Right or wrong: Packnic continues to be a member even after a post like that!

17. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
  18. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like a sociopath. Yeah, people like her, I won't miss if she got killed by a 62-year-old man with a shotgun.