1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Right or Wrong?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by PackOne, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Right, if a doctor prescribes it. Wrong, if used for a recreation, who wants to go through life being stoned? I for one want to experience life with a clear head.

Right or Wrong:

The death penalty

2. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0

Wrong, as much as I would love to tell them get off my property I just cant, I would listen to them and be polite. I dont believe anyone should go door to door preaching their religion everyone has their own beliefs. But that dont mean that I cant be polite. :)

Right or Wrong: Nude beaches

3. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I once had jury duty and one of the cases was a guy pulled a pellet gun on the Jehovah's Witness folks ordering them off his property. I didn't get selected for the jury. The property owner chose an unwise course of action.

As to nude beaches, here in California they are usually remote and at the bottom of cliffs. A condition where a current below the surface takes water out to sea. I got caught in that once at Black's Beach in San Diego.

Nude beaches have far more etiquette than normal beaches. It is a good reason alone to like them. People are nicer.

Most people don't go for fear of something of a sexual nature happing. It doesn't. People especially women are safer there than at a normal beach. It is very rare but if anyone acts creepy and doesn't go away almost everyone will come to your aid.

That's why if you are new (tans or lack of one tell at lot) ask one of the regulars (tans or lack of one tell at lot) about how it is divided. There is usually one end for homosexuals and the rest for everyone else.

Having some guy starting a fake cnversation gave me an appreciation for what women go through on a regular basis. Trust me guys this is one time you want to ask for directions.

Restrooms are often a set of secluded rocks that are dry when the tide is out and wet when the tide is in. These are remote beaches without services. Some have a designated cave where lumps are deposited way back or on one side. Cover with sand in those cases.

Morally? Adam and Eve were naked without being ashamed and everyone can handle being nude around their spouse. It really isn't really much of a difference. There is not much to gawk at when half the people seem to be over 50 (like everywhere else).

Everyone is really relaxed and few bodies are really symetrical (one side sags more than the other). It is mellow. My ex-wife liked it because it's less crowded and nobody caused trouble.

I still go to an annual party at one with some friends. We then have a hot tub party at a local hotel. Nothing really happens though except no ones clothes get dirty.

Nothing lewd ever happens. I always like playing volleyball with the college students at Pirate's Cove in San Luis Obispo.

When the Cruise Ships stop in St Martin there are a lot of first time people who try it just to say they have done it. They realize they are never going to run into these people again in their lifetime.

Sunscreen is very important on white cheeks and other areas. No one will say anything if you cover areas as you adapt to the sun. (You never want to burn breasts, buttocks, or the top of your ears!)

Few if any take cameras. Absolutely nobody takes a picture without permission. Usually you have to know them well. If they don't respect someone saying no to a picture that person will usually get run off without their film.

Keep the sand out of your cooler. You can then give your ice to someone else there when you leave and not have to carry it up the trail on the cliff. With beach mats, towels, cooler, radio, sunscreen, leftover beverages, and your battery operated blender it gets heavy going uphill. The ice isn't worth it.

I've made many a friend there because almost everyone is sincere. It is very difficult to be a deceptive nudist.

I'm a long drive from my favorites now so I go less often. One year we baked a turkey in the sand at one for an all day Thanksgiving party.

Nothing to be shy about. They are people just like you and everyone else.

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Here's my view on it. I have been on both sides of this, so i know how it feels.
    JW's SINCERELY believe they are telling you "The Truth". They are not out to get you. Are they wrong on what their organization says "The truth" is? You bet! They couldn't get their beliefs to match the Bible.....so they changed their bible. If you are in their cult, you don't DARE question anything the Watchtower says, or you will be disfellowshiped. (Kicked out, where no one, even your FAMILY can talk to you) They make fun of religions like the Catholics, who take the Pope's word as gospel, yet they take what their own leaders say, OR ELSE! One time, i was at a church, we showed up late, and they were discussing this very thing (closing the door on JW's.) They all, even the preacher were saying not to talk to them, to close the door. This went on for several minutes, when the preacher said "I'm sure I'm not stepping on any toes by saying that. I'm sure there are no JW's here." Then he looked at me, who he didn't know (i had a half smile on my face) and said "Uh......you arn't a JW, are you?" And i said "No...... But i was...... now I'm a born again Christian......why? Because someone didn't slam the door in my face". You could have heard a pin drop in the church! I then went on to tell how i felt on it. The reason most Christians slam the door is because they don't have enough knowledge of the scripture, and are afraid a JW will back them into a corner, and they won't have an answer for them. JW's KNOW their literature, and are taught how to put questions into people's minds that the "average" Christian can't answer easily. They try to make you doubt your faith. Now.....chances are 99.9% that you won't convert a JW to Christianity at your door, but i tell peole try to plant a seed. Stay strong on your beliefs and don't let them frazzle you. They THINK they are right, and are trying to lead you to what they think is true. They arn't evil people out to get you.
    I talked to one a few weeks ago, and didn't attack her, i just tried to plant a gospel seed. She ended up running away from me. But who knows? Maybe that seed will someday grow. It took alot of people praying for me a long time for me to see the REAL truth.
    If anyone here wants info that can help them to talk to a JW, PLEASE feel free to PM me with any questions or anything, and i will try to help you. My heart aches for these people, who are lost and need guidence. I still have MANY relatives in that organization.

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I think in certain cases it should be used. If there is NO doubt of the guilt of the person, and the crimes are bad enough, it is right.

Q: Should you hold the door for a woman when you see one coming?

I always do....even for men. But on a few occasions i have had a woman say "I can open the door myself!" Must have been womans lib people. I just said back "I know you can, but my parents taught me manners". They don't have a response for that! :lol: Many say "Thank you" and many don't say anything.

6. packerfan22

packerfan22 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Right, I do it also and have gotten elbowed for doing it.

Right or wrong: Answering the door naked when you know its a JW.

I've done it, they didn't know what to say. Just because I want you to imagine this the best I am about 5'11 and was about 430 pounds at the time.

7. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Now that there is a ton of info about nude beaches I will probably never use.

partly because I live in Michigan.

8. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wrong. The only time a guy should answer the door naked is when his wife is knocking. Women on the other hand are allowed to answer the door nude anytime.

Right or wrong. Taking the blame for something when someone else did it to keep them out of trouble.

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    That was YOU!?!?!?! :shock:
    I hope you know you scarred me for LIFE!!! :lol:

(JK of course! :wink: ) :lol:

When i was a substitute carrier for the Milwaukee Journal, i had a woman in an apartment building come to the door wearing nothing but a man's shirt.......open........she smiled and asked me to come into the apartment........but i was i think only 12 or 13, and i was scared to death! I didn't go in..........now i wonder what would have happened had i taken her up on her offer.

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    To me it depends on the seriousness of the offense.

Right or wrong, do you flash your headlights to warn someone going the other direction that a cop is sitting in wait to catch speeders?

11. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't know that flashing headlights meant a cop was ahead. I thought people were just being idiots when they did that to me.

Anyway...I would say it's wrong. Mostly because it's funny to see other people get pulled over.

Um... sorry I can't think of a right or wrong just now. Next.

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yup......i have had people flash their lights many times, then "BOOM!" (in my best Madden voice) theres a cop! If you don't have your brights on, then someone flashing their lights is a warning. I have done it a few times to warn people.
    One time, i had a guy who was going WAY too fast, come up behind me......he went into the left lane and FLEW by me. 2 miles up the road, there he was, sitting on the side of the expressway with a State Trooper behind him! I honked my horn and waved as i went by! :lol:

Should you offer to help an elderly person load their groceries into their car if you see them in a parking lot?

13. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Of course you should but I'll be honest and say I probably wouldn't do it as long as they look capable. I may if I could see they need a hand. I'm sure Cheesey enjoys a hand from the youngsters. LOL

Right or Wrong to shoot the neighbours dog if it keeps coming on your property. ( I hope none of my neighbours are reading this)

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    VERY funny CDN....VERY funny!!! :evil: :wink: :lol:
    I have helped many people......some seemed to think i was an axe murderer or something. But i help them when i can. Thats the way my parents taught me to be.

I don't believe it's legal to shoot a dog because it comes onto your property. At least it's not here. If the dog does no damage, i sure as heck wouldn't shoot it. I would call the cops and the dog pound though. Make the neighbor have to PAY to get it's dog back. It's not the dog's fault the owner is a putz. I love dogs, so it would have to be a DRASTIC problem for me to hurt it. Like if it was attacking someone, or one of my pets. Then i would kill it.
    Back when i was young, the neighbor would allow it's german shepard to come onto our lawn to poop. My Mom kept telling him not to do that, but he did it anyway. And he had it on a leash and was with the dog when he would do it! I think he was just too lazy to pick up after his own dog. So i would pick up the poop, and throw it onto his property! :wink:

If the neighbor kid's ball lands on your lawn, should you give it back or keep it?

15. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0

Depending how many balls come onto your lawn and if they are nice kids, if these kids do it on purpose which some do on our block I wouldnt give it back, teach them a lesson. We have kids constantly playing on our street with skateboard ramps do you think when they see a car they move them? NOPE, you have to stop your car wait for the kids walk ever so so slowly out of the street and then you have to go around the skate board ramps to get into your driveway. These kids are not respectful in anyway. I always ask myself where the parents are? But apparently they dont care.

Do you think a parent should put a orange cone in the middle of the street that says kids at play? I almost died when I seen this one.

16. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Dag gum little heathens! Get out of my yard! :cane:

17. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
  18. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    "Your so old i should get TWO merit badges!" :lol:

19. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    The guy that lived across the street from us was so in love with his lawn that if one of our baseballs or basketballs landed on his lawn, he would go NUTS! It didn't happen often, either. But if we walked onto his grass he would yell at us.
    Orange cones? WRONG!!!!
    The street is for cars, not a personal playground. We played in the street, but if a car came by, we MOVED till they passed. Of course kids today are taught that all that matters is themselves.

Q: Beep your horn at kids that don't move out of your way when they are blocking the road while playing.

20. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Beep the horn? I hit the gas!!

21. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0
    I usually dont beep my horn because they see me coming, I have rolled down my window to ask them to move, then they laugh and take their good natured time.

Q: Should people have kids that cant afford them?

22. Since69

Since69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I just tell them I can't talk now because I have a virgin on the stove.

{Edit: Sorry Heather... I answered the question at the bottom of page one not realizing there was a page two. In answer to your question, NO. I'm not cold-hearted, and I love kids. But when I see a dirt-poor family with a dozen kids, I start reconsidering my stance on forced sterilization.}

Right or wrong: Returning a wallet without the money you found inside.

23. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Cheesey - you kick a**! The next time I get one of those, I'll say that, but in a not very nice way.

We have some really, really rude people of that persuasion here. There was a time I was shopping for Men's Vitamins with some friends and we were talking about iron, how bad it is for men and how Men's Vitamins do not have iron. Well, some obvious feminazi came up to us and called us "sexist pigs." I kid you not.

We were all so shocked we didn't have a reply. These people are bitter morons, and completely paranoid, thinking the world is out to get them.

24. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No. I thought this was common sense, but apparently common sense isn't so common. If you want kids, get yourself in a better financial position first. It is a huge disservice to children to bring them up in poverty.

Right or wrong? California recently passed a law giving someone a ticket using a cell phone while driving. Yes, it's okay to use one of those blue-tooth things, but it's not okay to have one hand on a cell phone and one hand on the wheel. Do you agree with this law?

25. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    HELL YES I agree with it! I've nearly been killed several times by people yapping on their cell phones while driving. If I ruled the world, anyone caught talking on their cell phone while driving would have their cell phone shoved up their ***, and then I would ask them, "Can you hear me now?"