Ricky Williams

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Ricky and Koren, and any other player thats messed up will straighten out and fly right. I don't want to see anyone mess up and lose everything for an addiction. They are high profile guys, so when they mess up EVERYONE knows about it. Their job puts them under the microscope.
I guess it goes to show you, money doesn't necessarily end your problems.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Steriods are worse then smoking pot"......yes, that might be so. Murder is worse then just beating the crap out of someone, but BOTH are crimes and illegal. One is much worse then the other, but BOTH are bad and should not be tollerated.

If they got rid of steroids, we wouldnt have an NFL and if anyone thinks im wrong, i have a bridge for sale that you might be interested in........

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ricky is awesome. If he is mentally healthy, he could carry our running game for 4 or 5 years

If RW is so "awesome", why was he unable to do jack **** against sub-par players in the CFL last season? A man possessing the level of talent some of you claim Williams has would have been able to tear it up in the CFL. Williams didn't; so why take a chance on him?

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
"Steriods are worse then smoking pot"......yes, that might be so. Murder is worse then just beating the crap out of someone, but BOTH are crimes and illegal. One is much worse then the other, but BOTH are bad and should not be tollerated.

If they got rid of steroids, we wouldnt have an NFL and if anyone thinks im wrong, i have a bridge for sale that you might be interested in........

then they should ignore pot as well

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flapackfan said:
Ricky is awesome. If he is mentally healthy, he could carry our running game for 4 or 5 years

If RW is so "awesome", why was he unable to do jack **** against sub-par players in the CFL last season? A man possessing the level of talent some of you claim Williams has would have been able to tear it up in the CFL. Williams didn't; so why take a chance on him?

GO PACK!!!

2002 Miami Dolphins 16 16 383 1853 4.8 63 16 7 89
2003 Miami Dolphins 16 16 392 1372 3.5 45 9 6 68

Look at his size, his speed, his strength, if he hadn't screwed his life up he could have been one of the true great RBs. I see no reason not to bring him in if the Dolphins cut him loose.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet 90% of your opinions would change if you heard that Brett Favre once smoked pot. You think he never did??? Im not saying he never did but come on. If i remember correctly, he was using vicodin earlier in his career and everyone felt bad for him and his addiction and his problems he was going through. Funny how nobody feels bad for anyone else caught using

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good post flapack, it's the same thing.

How come everyone thinks Ricky is a bad person just because he got addicted to pot?

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

How come everyone thinks Ricky is a bad person just because he got addicted to pot?

Yea, i know many people who got addicted to pot and i wouldnt consider them bad, just misdirected or depressed

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm not saying he's a bad person. He knew the NFL forbids it if you want to work for them, and he chose the pot over his job.
Favre outted himself with his addiction and got help, and stopped doing it. Had he chose to keep doing it, got caught, and still refused to change, he would have been kicked out, and rightfully so.
I wouldn't doubt if just about everyone has smoked pot at some time in their lives. I smoked it about a dozen times during a 6 month span when i was in my teens. I didn't choose however to make it my life's ambition. ANYONE can become addicted. The NFL has more things to help players who WANT to quit their addictions then most "normal" jobs have for their workers. But like anything, the person has to WANT to quit for there to be any chance of it working.
And like was already said in this thread, Williams played in the CFL, and if he was any good, why didn't he tear up the opposition? To me, he should have been able to average alot more then 4 yards a carry. Even though he hasn't taken alot of "hits" (on the football field at least!LOL!) he doesn't seem to be anything more then ordinary at best.
We already have that. Why go out on a limb for MORE ordinary? I think Morency has a better chance at being something special then Ricky does.
Just my opinion of course, for what it's worth.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ricky Williams didn't choose pot over his job, he has been in the NFLs substance abuse program for 3 years, and what his latest suspensions was for wasn't pot. It was a herb deriving from his interest in holistic medicine, Ricky didn't know it was going to make him fail a drug test.

If we could sign Ricky Williams as a FA if the Dolphins cut him, it would be great.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
also, the reason why he didn't tear apart the CFL is this, he got injured, hadn't been playing for some time, and also the competition is a major part of it. He played on a team with worse blockers, worse fullbacks, worse everything.

Competition makes the player, any player is going to be affected by lesser overall competition.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
also, the reason why he didn't tear apart the CFL is this, he got injured, hadn't been playing for some time, and also the competition is a major part of it. He played on a team with worse blockers, worse fullbacks, worse everything.

Competition makes the player, any player is going to be affected by lesser overall competition.
Man.......if anyone DOES sign Williams, you should ask for a cut of his pay! He must REALLY be your favorite player!
Yes, competition CAN make you play better. But it STILL can only make you play up to your own capabilities. It won't turn Tim Couch into Brett Favre.
Honestly, i'd be shocked if Williams turns out to be anything more then an average runner. And like i said, we have that already.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the fins are already getting all the money, nothing left for me :(
How true! I think he will be paying them back for awhile!
Isn't it irritating when you see someone with SO much talent just waste it?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Are you sure that he owes him that money, wasn't the deal that they were going to go after that money if he didn't come back from India, or where-ever he was. We he reported to them, they couldn't go after the bonus any longer, but the didn't have to pay him for any suspended time.

I haven't looked it up, just recalling what I remember from the story. I am probably wrong :)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really know what the deal is.....whether he has to pay back or not.
I really would like to see the guy return to a pre-problem state.
The guy had SO much going for him. And i don't think he's too old to try to return. IF he really applys himself.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
8.6 Million is the figure, and he only owes it if he doesn't finish the term of his contract out, because they ruled a breech of contract. So in essence, if he doesn't play he owes them, if he does they have to pay his base salary that is 575,000 plus incentives as described in his contract.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2007/03/01/SPG5KODA3M1.DTL

Speculation will continue that he's back only for the money, to avoid repaying the $8.6 million bonus he was ordered to forfeit after walking out on his contract with the Miami Dolphins before the '04 season.

But questions about the money don't rattle Williams. If you want to draw an angry reaction or touch a nerve with this guy, pack a lunch. Everything, going in or out, passes through Ricky's mellow filter.

Chevelle2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: favre smoking pot, i remember reading he said he tried it in college but didnt like it..so all the favre ****suckers can chew on that

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It won't turn Tim Couch into Brett Favre.
Honestly, i'd be shocked if Williams turns out to be anything more then an average runner. And like i said, we have that already.

In order for your analogy to be true, Tim Couch would have had to be as good as Brett Favre. Tim Couch never showed an iota of talent in the NFL. Ricky Williams was a dominating player that was feared by every team that took the field against him. No comparison.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that Ricky Williams failed yet another drug test in April.

It is crazy talk that this character will ever get himself unbanned from the NFL.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: favre smoking pot, i remember reading he said he tried it in college but didnt like it..so all the favre ****suckers can chew on that

Isn't that, like, exclusively Deanna Favre? What does she have to do with any of this?

And yeah, Ricky tested positive again in April. Can't be reinstated until September. I think he's done.

Members online

Latest posts