ricky williams

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
actually ricky seems very laid back. hes the anti TO (which yes, is still a problem, but a different problem). He wanted to get away from the game, seen that that was a huge mistake, and is back now, doing somewhat well. I wouldnt mind having Williams,Gado,Herron,Fisher.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
actually ricky seems very laid back. hes the anti TO (which yes, is still a problem, but a different problem). He wanted to get away from the game, seen that that was a huge mistake, and is back now, doing somewhat well. I wouldnt mind having Williams,Gado,Herron,Fisher.

That's just great Trom. Coming from the guy who is always ranting about players not being "Packer material"
Bring in Williams and T.O. maybe even Dion Sanders while you are at it.
:roll:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hmmm...has ricky been arrested for gun charges? how about assault, or ****, like other NFL athletes? No, the kid liked to smoke pot, and he left the game. it was a bad choice, and now hes back. I believe in 2nd chances, especially when the 1st mistake wasnt really that bad.

GB already has ahman the wife beater, and najeh the poop bandit...why not ricky the (gasp) pot smoker (which is probably 40% of the league, if not more. You think peanut doesnt light up)

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
hmmm...has ricky been arrested for gun charges? how about assault, or ****, like other NFL athletes? No, the kid liked to smoke pot, and he left the game. it was a bad choice, and now hes back. I believe in 2nd chances, especially when the 1st mistake wasnt really that bad.

GB already has ahman the wife beater, and najeh the poop bandit...why not ricky the (gasp) pot smoker (which is probably 40% of the league, if not more. You think peanut doesnt light up)

The guy failed his drug test, walked out on the team and tried to keep the money they were paying him, decided that he could not wait for his career to be over before running around the world smoking a bong and only came back to the NFL because he had no other way of possibly making the $5,000,000 dollars that he owed the Miami Dolphins. It does not matter what you or I think about smoking pot, it is against NFL rules and every player knows that coming into the league.
He is a turd. By the way, show me where Tillman has failed a drug test in the NFL Trom. Williams does not even play for the Packers and you are already defending him because you fantasized that he would look good in a Packer uniform. Lame, not to mention weird.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We would have to trade for him, and that probably means giving up a 2-3 round pick for him. We can't afford to do that, especially this year. We have a very high pick and we need all the draft picks we can get. This is a very good draft class and we have to take advantage of it.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, if GB wants to trade down, a swap of draft picks w/ Miami and Ricky might be a good exchange. I think it's too far to move down, but having Ricky on board would help fill a void. Of course the fear is he might return to his drug past or that he might decide to quit again. Then again, maybe the guy has turned his life around and is looking for a place to call home?? I believe he is under a minimum contract so it really wouldn't be that big of a risk in my mind. The Cardnails might be interested in Ricky, but their pick might put Miami outside of the QB race??

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are too many good RBs available via draft and FA to risk a pick on a guy with his problems. He's going to break some team's heart...I don't want it to be the Packers.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I would like to see Ron Dayne given a shot. He talent was wasted in NY and he could be a good third down back as well. I also here Ederin James is going to be parting ways with the Colts. Moreso however I am curious to see how Gado comes into next year and if he hit the offseason programs. He is a hard worker and I think he will be the starter next year

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
NOOO..not Ron Dayne...

He was AWFUL in New York...

(just because he was a Badger doesn't make him necessarily "pro material"...)

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
NOOO..not Ron Dayne...

Because he was not used correctly. Read my post. Dayne looked quite good in Denver during his limited time.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
P@ck66 said:
NOOO..not Ron Dayne...

Because he was not used correctly. Read my post. Dayne looked quite good in Denver during his limited time.

Jb...I have never seen a running back that DIDN'T look good in Denver. Hopefully bringing that blocking scheme to Green Bay will bring similar results.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
tromadz said:

The guy failed his drug test, walked out on the team and tried to keep the money they were paying him, decided that he could not wait for his career to be over before running around the world smoking a bong and only came back to the NFL because he had no other way of possibly making the $5,000,000 dollars that he owed the Miami Dolphins. It does not matter what you or I think about smoking pot, it is against NFL rules and every player knows that coming into the league.
He is a turd. By the way, show me where Tillman has failed a drug test in the NFL Trom. Williams does not even play for the Packers and you are already defending him because you fantasized that he would look good in a Packer uniform. Lame, not to mention weird.

as usual, not even close. Im not doing any fantasizing, like you like to fantasize that the bears could be playing this weekend if the bears # 1ranked defense of awesomness showed up vs the panthers.

Ricky made mistakes. I even said that,but you ignored it, cuz it would hurt your argument, you do that a lot. Hes back, i was skeptical. He did ok this year, paid his dues, apologized,etc. Now hes probably a starter in 2006. I dont care if he comes to GB. I dont think we need him. I like Gado as a starter.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't care if Ricky comes to GB either, but I know GB needs a hell of a lot more than Gado in the RB slot. That's going to be especially true if Favre doesn't come back! We all know Green has a tough road to recovery and is probably a hugh risk considering the contract he's going to want, the injury and his age. What I do know is GB has a number of holes to fill and trading down w/ Miami MIGHT be a good option if Ricky comes w/ the swap of picks. Who knows, maybe GB could walk away w/ more??

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
4packgirl said:
i think he's gay.

he sounds a bit light in the loafers doesn't he...but the guy has kids all over the over the place, with several different women. cover up? :lol:

well, finally another opinion on the subject! he sounds WAY lite in his loafers to me as well!! lots of gay people have children - doesn't mean anything. :wink:

Members online

Latest posts