Ricky Jean Francois coming to Green Bay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Because #1 he is suspended for the first 4 games. #2 his play regressed as the season went on. By the end of the year Clark had surpassed him. If they sign Francois I would guess Guion's time in GB is coming to an end!

Don't forget #3. This isn't the first time he has been caught doing something "illegal". 2 years ago he was also suspended for 3 games after his arrest and the seizure of 357 grams of marijuana, more than $190,000 in cash and a 9mm semi-automatic handgun from Guion's truck.

Might be time to take the 2 year dead cap hit of $500K and move on.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the minimal amount of cap we'd save by "getting rid of Guion" for being dumb I'd rather just keep him. He's an extra body who can stuff the run. We may not find a suitable replacement in the draft and experienced bodies come in handy if we make a playoff run again.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
For the minimal amount of cap we'd save by "getting rid of Guion" for being dumb I'd rather just keep him. He's an extra body who can stuff the run. We may not find a suitable replacement in the draft and experienced bodies come in handy if we make a playoff run again.

So reward him for being dumb, not being eligible for 4 more games and creating a situation where the Packers wonder about his roster spot as well as his availability after a possible 3rd offense?

I don't know, the $6.63 M cap savings over 2 years you get by cutting him, is a nice chunk of change that would make me think twice about keeping a guy like Guion around.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to mention, when did Guion become so valuable? Half the time I see him, he looks like he's on skates getting blown out of holes, and is absolutely useless as a pass rusher.

H

HardRightEdge

Don't forget #3. This isn't the first time he has been caught doing something "illegal". 2 years ago he was also suspended for 3 games after his arrest and the seizure of 357 grams of marijuana, more than $190,000 in cash and a 9mm semi-automatic handgun from Guion's truck.

Pot is one thing. PEDs are something quite different. You could get back the "Incredibly Shrinking Guion." If that were the case, perhaps Capers could convert him to an OLB. ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Pot is one thing. PEDs are something quite different. You could get back the "Incredibly Shrinking Guion." If that were the case, perhaps Capers could convert him to an OLB. ;)

LOL.....to replace the "Incredibly Shrinking Mathews?" Who they would then have to convert to Safety....oh wait.....I get where this is going! :coffee:

H

HardRightEdge

LOL.....to replace the "Incredibly Shrinking Mathews?" Who they would then have to convert to Safety....oh wait.....I get where this is going! :coffee:
I was thinking more along the lines of "The Incredible Shrinking Neal". He said "Adderall", however the shrinkage suggests it might have been something else.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Guion adds (2nd time) to the growing list of Packers who recently havn't been able to keep their drug use in check (or at least not get caught): Mike Pennel (twice), Datone Jones, Demetri Goodson, Mike Neal. Geronimo Allison and Sam Shields.

Vince Lombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There was more than that:
The problems for Guion started long before his drug-related arrest two years ago. On Oct. 24, 2015, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel published an investigation detailing years of legal issues for Guion dating to his time with the Minnesota Vikings, who drafted him in the fifth round in 2008.

Guion had been charged in criminal cases three times prior to his arrest as a member of the Packers, and these included a stalking charge and two domestic violence incidents that resulted in three counts of battery. In one of the domestic violence incidents, Guion was charged with hitting the mother of his child in the jaw.

This fool should be released no questions asked!

D

Deleted member 6794

I would prefer the Packers to sign Jean Francois with the money saved by releasing Guion. First of all he's a better player and as far as I know hasn't been suspended by the league.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

WELL LA DE FRICKIN DA!! say I can't see real well,,,is that Santana Dotson over there?? Maybe DEAD HEAD TED should use his papers more for writing and taking notes on players than for ROLLING DOOOBIES!!!
I agree he does need to spend less time in a van down by the river living off a steady diet of government cheese and spend more time being the GM trying to win a SB!!!

Reese2017

Cheesehead
Reaction score
who was that 96 that was getting to Lions qb and then he was gone very quick of the ball guion is way past what prime he had cut him loose

Reaction score
I'm still holding out for Johnny Jolly and Ryan Pickett. I've messaged them.. but I fear my name might again be confusing and misdirect my serious intentions. I had the same outcome messaging Raji.. and soon after he just prematurely resigned altogether.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts