Ricky Jean Francois coming to Green Bay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they brought him in for a visit once before. hes maybe a decent backup but think you coukd find better in the draft. it's not gonna make any difference if he's on the team or not so might as well go with a younger cheaper player with more potential

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
He was a quality piece of the DL rotation in Washington. He was released for being critical of the team's dysfunction, not because he couldn't play. I would love the addition, as the DL is currently really young and inexperienced as a whole.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
6 3 313 I believe he's played 8 seasons has 153 tackles 12 sacks and 10 passes defensed. As the 5th d linemen I guess he could have a role but Clark Lowry and Daniels are solid so 2 maybe 3 spots open as guions return shouldn't be a sure thing. if you can get another prototypical 3-4 end 6-6 300ish with some pass rush ability in the draft maybe a Chris Wormley and or a nose like dj Jones and add Francios and then keep guion or Franciis after suspension over

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

WELL LA DE FRICKIN DA!! say I can't see real well,,,is that Santana Dotson over there?? Maybe DEAD HEAD TED should use his papers more for writing and taking notes on players than for ROLLING DOOOBIES!!!

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not a star by any means but he is a solid pro. He could be very useful in my eyes. Plus he is a great character guy and someone, by all accounts, that goes about his business the right way. I'd love to see him sign. Sneaky quality pickup. Do it Ted.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like it for depth, less need to draft depth that may not contribute this year.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read GB has 24 mil in cap still.........
I like the depth. Vet dlineman are always good.
He will need to be dang good to play up to guions level though.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
These are the kinds of signings that may not mean much now, but could give the D-line some much needed depth, especially if they choose to move on from Guion. But come on Ricky Jean...get a new profile pic on your twitter account!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These are the kinds of signings that may not mean much now, but could give the D-line some much needed depth, especially if they choose to move on from Guion. But come on Ricky Jean...get a new profile pic on your twitter account!

agreed on the Dline depth. I think if he's got gas in the tank, they do just move on from guion, but we'll see. and I love his picture :) I thought he had a snowy white beard at first

D

Deleted member 6794

Jean-Francois would present a decent run defender on the defensive line. I would be fine with signing him to a reasonable contract.

Why would we move on from Guion? He has been our 2nd best dlineman for years now.

Because he is suspended for the first four games of the season once again. In addition he didn't perform at a high level last season.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jean-Francois would present a decent run defender on the defensive line. I would be fine with signing him to a reasonable contract.

Because he is suspended for the first four games of the season once again. In addition he didn't perform at a high level last season.
Guion was on the field entirely too much last year. Those big guys take a beating, and imo need rotation. You don't run your work horse into the ground like that, and expect the same production...

Was he taking performance enhancing stuff to get pumped up, or to heal faster??? That makes a difference in my opinion.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hey........at least he's not smokin' a joint! Sign him!

D

Deleted member 6794

Guion was on the field entirely too much last year. Those big guys take a beating, and imo need rotation. You don't run your work horse into the ground like that, and expect the same production...

Was he taking performance enhancing stuff to get pumped up, or to heal faster??? That makes a difference in my opinion.

Guion only played 43.5% of the defensive snaps last season. I hardly consider that overplaying him.

H

HardRightEdge

He was released for being critical of the team's dysfunction....
That's what got Woodson fired. When it comes to this team in general, and in particular this defense, you just don't speak truth to power and certainly not in public, which makes the interest curious.

With Guion suspended, again, and for PEDs this time raising questions about what you'll get out of him without the assistance, some D-Line depth would be in order. Whether that should be RJ-F is another matter. He wouldn't cost much which is always a check mark in the plus column.

Vince Lombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would we move on from Guion? He has been our 2nd best dlineman for years now.

Because #1 he is suspended for the first 4 games. #2 his play regressed as the season went on. By the end of the year Clark had surpassed him. If they sign Francois I would guess Guion's time in GB is coming to an end!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts