Rick Reilly - "Rodgers better than Favre"

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another Rodgers vs. Favre article? Someone needs to muster the intelligence to do a Herber vs. Isbell comparison instead.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another Rodgers vs. Favre article? Someone needs to muster the intelligence to do a Herber vs. Isbell comparison instead.

I can promise you if it happens it wont come from the mothership

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
From 2001 till he end of 2010 season his rating on average was 78.17

Translate that to now, Matt Moore, Kevin Kolb, Colt McCoy have a similar rating..

His career was only 86..I was shocked it was that low..

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I would not rank Favre as one of the top ten QBs of all-time (maybe top twenty?), but let me ask you guys this:
If you are on the HOF selection committee, would you elect him in his first year of eligibility?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I would not rank Favre as one of the top ten QBs of all-time (maybe top twenty?), but let me ask you guys this:
If you are on the HOF selection committee, would you elect him in his first year of eligibility?

Unquestionably 1st ballot HOFer. And I personally have him somewhere 8-15th on my all time QB rankings.

He threw over 500 TDs. Thats mind boggling.

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
He can not just pass but run! He is the NFL MVP and I would put my money on it if I were a betting person!

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was pretty funny. Thanks for sharing.

I didn't like that they more or less called Rodgers boring, though. There is much more thrill in a precisely delivered laser to a receiver that is perfectly covered than there is in watching interceptions. Overall, Rodgers is more fun to watch because he doesn't let you down as often.

Duvlek

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is it me, or does espn and there personnel seem like some serious Favre stalkers. That network is da main reason da retirement saga was as bad as it was.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
In hindsight... Rodgers IS a better QB now than Brett was in his prime - and, I say that only because Rodgers is more the type of QB that I've always followed. Don't get me wrong...I've never been a Favre "hater" or "apologist"... I was NEVER a fan of "gunslinging" quarterbacking...but, it's what he had to work with and when Holmgren was in Green Bay to reign Favre's tendencies in ... his game was a thing of beauty to watch. Unfortunately, that control ended in 1999.

Still, I don't think that anyone can argue that Favre's game was EVER better than where Rodgers is at now ... well, not with a straight face anyway. When I say that Rodgers' game astounds me, I'm not polishing that particular apple at all...it does indeed 'astound' me. Am I in awe??? Nope....I'm not. There is just no rational comparison - PLUS, the make up of the Pack is radically different than it was during Brett's tenure here.

I don't take a thing away from Favre...the guy WAS the show here -- and anything else said about the guy is superfluous. He is now Green Bay Packers history.

Members online

Latest posts