Richard Sherman mocks Packers for "We'll be ready next time"

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Richard Sherman heard the chatter from the Green Bay Packers locker room earlier in the week heading into the rematch against the San Francisco 49ers, but the sequel was just like the original -- a box office flop for Green Bay.

"There was a ton of confidence," Sherman said, via NFL.com. "We took our starters out in the fourth quarter of that game. It could have been worse, and we knew that. I think they were trying to pump themselves up. They were trying to hype themselves up, talking about a revenge game. Like they weren't coming in with an advantage into that game. We were coming off of a battle with Seattle, and they were coming off a bye (entering the Week 12 game). So saying payback. Saying when you stay ready you don't got to get ready.

"They were trying to hype themselves up like 'man, we're going to be ready this time.' If you weren't ready the first time and that was in front of the whole country, that was a Sunday night game. It wasn't like it was a middle-of-the-day 1 o'clock game. It kind of bothered us a little bit. Like 'oh my god, we're going to be ready this time.' Like do you not take the game seriously? When do we not take games seriously in the regular season? If you would have won that one-seed, we would have been going to Green Bay. But, hey, it wasn't that big of a deal you were going to be ready this time."

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Oh for pity sake, he`s cocky but he backs it up. What do we expect him to say ? I think we need to take it in the context it was said. I wish we had him on our team. I think it`s funny how butt hurt we tend to get over silly things. Randy Moss mooning incident for example....we rode his back all through that game and he scored the winner. WE love our team and we can`t get so upset because others don`t. I`m sorry but we need to suck it up !! We were always second best last night, but God, I`m still so proud of them for getting that far !!

OP
OP
A

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh for pity sake, he`s cocky but he backs it up. What do we expect him to say ? I think we need to take it in the context it was said. I wish we had him on our team. I think it`s funny how butt hurt we tend to get over silly things. Randy Moss mooning incident for example....we rode his back all through that game and he scored the winner. WE love our team and we can`t get so upset because others don`t. I`m sorry but we need to suck it up !! We were always second best last night, but God, I`m still so proud of them for getting that far !!

No one is acting butt hurt about it. Just reporting the information.

I think "what do we expect him to say" applies the other way, though. What did he expect us to say? "Oh great, 49ers again, here comes another whooping!"

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm hardly hurt by a loud mouth. Mouthy *****es might be hot and fun to look at, but they're still mouthy *****es. If Sherman wants to know why they won, they should thank their offense whole heartedly. GB's defense didn't want to stand in the way.

and I still think getting moon'd was funny.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

No one is acting butt hurt about it. Just reporting the information.

I think "what do we expect him to say" applies the other way, though. What did he expect us to say? "Oh great, 49ers again, here comes another whooping!"

I take that you are merely reporting it and I`m sorry, but my point is that there is a tendency for people to get "butt hurt" over silly things. My father, god bless him hated Wayne Rooney because he scored the winning goal in a Liverpool v Manchester United game in England. My dad thought he showed no respect after running to the Liverpool end and celebrating. Dad also forgot that for the whole 90 minutes, the Liverpool had ripped into the guy so what did he expect ???.My point is crap happens. Teams have avoided throwing anywhere near Sherman for a reason, he`s just too good. Aaron found that out last night.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Richard Sherman heard the chatter from the Green Bay Packers locker room earlier in the week heading into the rematch against the San Francisco 49ers, but the sequel was just like the original -- a box office flop for Green Bay.

"There was a ton of confidence," Sherman said, via NFL.com. "We took our starters out in the fourth quarter of that game. It could have been worse, and we knew that. I think they were trying to pump themselves up. They were trying to hype themselves up, talking about a revenge game. Like they weren't coming in with an advantage into that game. We were coming off of a battle with Seattle, and they were coming off a bye (entering the Week 12 game). So saying payback. Saying when you stay ready you don't got to get ready.

"They were trying to hype themselves up like 'man, we're going to be ready this time.' If you weren't ready the first time and that was in front of the whole country, that was a Sunday night game. It wasn't like it was a middle-of-the-day 1 o'clock game. It kind of bothered us a little bit. Like 'oh my god, we're going to be ready this time.' Like do you not take the game seriously? When do we not take games seriously in the regular season? If you would have won that one-seed, we would have been going to Green Bay. But, hey, it wasn't that big of a deal you were going to be ready this time."
He obviously needs to be pissed off about something to stay sharp. It seems to work. I wonder if it would for anybody else?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I take that you are merely reporting it and I`m sorry, but my point is that there is a tendency for people to get "butt hurt" over silly things. My father, god bless him hated Wayne Rooney because he scored the winning goal in a Liverpool v Manchester United game in England. My dad thought he showed no respect after running to the Liverpool end and celebrating. Dad also forgot that for the whole 90 minutes, the Liverpool had ripped into the guy so what did he expect ???.My point is crap happens. Teams have avoided throwing anywhere near Sherman for a reason, he`s just too good. Aaron found that out last night.
He also dropped a perfect bomb right into Adam’s hands right over Sherman’s head.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems a little unnecessary and petty after the fact given the beating. Like what were the packers supposed to say? "Well we'll probably get smacked around again but we still gotta show up." Of course they were trying to pump themselves up. Take your SB berth and move on.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman knows the type of sorry hype that losers spout like"we'll get them next time" or we "didn't get the breaks go our way". He's been in the league long enough and played at a high level where winners are right and losers are wrong. As long as he wins, he knows that winning justifies his words.

OP
OP
A

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just find it funny that Sherman is the ultimate post game trash talker after a win ("U mad, bro?", the Crabtree rant, and now this).

He very rarely makes a peep before a game, doesn't want to chance having to eat crow. Then if he loses (Super Bowl 49) all of the sudden he's a good sport.

I'd respect him a ton if he talked all his trash before a game, backed up all his words and then shook hands after. But really all he does is just kick opponents after they're down.

Sky King

Reaction score
He also dropped a perfect bomb right into Adam’s hands right over Sherman’s head.
Yeah, and he struggled to keep up with Adams on the chase. I'm interested to see how he keeps up stride for stride against those speedy WRs from the Chiefs. Adams made him look exploitable on that play. I wonder if the Chiefs will try to burn him with their speed.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't matter, they beat us. We don't like it, then we should've done something about it. For as much talk as he does, at least he backs it up. Gotta tip my hat to him.

OP
OP
A

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't matter, they beat us. We don't like it, then we should've done something about it. For as much talk as he does, at least he backs it up. Gotta tip my hat to him.

No, he really doesn't, that was my point. It's pretty easy to back up your trash talk when you're talking trash about something that already happened. Anyone can beat a guy down and then spout off about what a loser he just beat down.

Joe Namath backed up his talk when he said the Jets would win Super Bowl 3. Aaron Rodgers backed up his talk when he said he thought the Packers could run the table. Sherman waits to make sure he has something to talk about first and then starts running his mouth.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, he really doesn't, that was my point. It's pretty easy to back up your trash talk when you're talking trash about something that already happened. Anyone can beat a guy down and then spout off about what a loser he just beat down.

Joe Namath backed up his talk when he said the Jets would win Super Bowl 3. Aaron Rodgers backed up his talk when he said he thought the Packers could run the table. Sherman waits to make sure he has something to talk about first and then starts running his mouth.
He's apart of the winning team. That's just the spoils of victory. It sucks, but there's nothing we can do about it until next year.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I continue to be amazed at how SF manages to remain butthurt and feel slighted. Even after pretty much everyone picked them to win and proving themselves the best team in the NFC.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman's a classic case of a guy who needs to be the smartest guy in the room, and he'll let you know. It was great watching him get BURNT by Adams and Rodgers. Sherman wasn't the reason they won yesterday. It's going to be great watching him get completely TORCHED by Hill in the Superbowl.

OP
OP
A

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's apart of the winning team. That's just the spoils of victory. It sucks, but there's nothing we can do about it until next year.

Here's my point about Sherman, because it's a recurring theme with him.

If he felt so bothered that we said this game would be different, why didn't he say anything about it all last week? Surely he was interviewed. Why didn't he say, "We're extremely confident. We feel a little slighted by them saying they'll be ready this time, like they weren't ready for us last time." Had he done that, and then backed it up like they did yesterday, then hey, I can respect that.

He didn't say that because he's not secure enough to do so. He loves to run his mouth, but he needs to have that win in the hand first so there's zero risk of him getting egg on his face. That's how he's always been. Had the Packers pulled the upset yesterday, there would have been no mention of his confidence, no mention of being bothered by us saying we would be ready.

It'll be the same with Kansas City. He'll be quiet as a mouse up until the game, and if asked about the Chiefs he'll be generally gracious and say the right things. And if they lose, he'll shake Mahomes' hand and say the right things. But if they win, he'll run his mouth about something, about how they felt they weren't getting enough respect to be underdogs, about how they felt the Chiefs receivers couldn't match up with them, it'll be something.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's my point about Sherman, because it's a recurring theme with him.

If he felt so bothered that we said this game would be different, why didn't he say anything about it all last week? Surely he was interviewed. Why didn't he say, "We're extremely confident. We feel a little slighted by them saying they'll be ready this time, like they weren't ready for us last time." Had he done that, and then backed it up like they did yesterday, then hey, I can respect that.

He didn't say that because he's not secure enough to do so. He loves to run his mouth, but he needs to have that win in the hand first so there's zero risk of him getting egg on his face. That's how he's always been. Had the Packers pulled the upset yesterday, there would have been no mention of his confidence, no mention of being bothered by us saying we would be ready.

It'll be the same with Kansas City. He'll be quiet as a mouse up until the game, and if asked about the Chiefs he'll be generally gracious and say the right things. And if they lose, he'll shake Mahomes' hand and say the right things. But if they win, he'll run his mouth about something, about how they felt they weren't getting enough respect to be underdogs, about how they felt the Chiefs receivers couldn't match up with them, it'll be something.
Make no mistake I understand where you're coming from. It's annoying, and infuriating but sadly it is what it is. There's really nothing we can do about it sadly. We had a chance but we couldn't capitalize.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw that this morning before work. At first I was irritated, but then I realized he was just telling the truth. It was obvious they didn't respect the Packers, but we did nothing to earn their respect. Two no shows in a row doesn't deserve respect.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts