Richard Sherman is available

Status
Not open for further replies.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If hes traded probably not an option. If he hits the open market we probably can't compete with teams that like to overpay a guy like that.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody in their right mind is trading for that

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said this for months that he will be available I want him

Reaction score
It’s the one position we abolutely could use a true #1 CB. It’s all about what we can (or can’t) deal for him.
The EAgles just did a deal with Seattle for DL Michael Bennett. I’m wondering if they are trading a CB back to Seattle?

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s the one position we abolutely could use a true #1 CB. It’s all about what we can (or can’t) deal for him.
The EAgles just did a deal with Seattle for DL Michael Bennett. I’m wondering if they are trading a CB back to Seattle?

No they are sending their 5th round and WR Marcus Johnson for Seahawks 7th and Bennett.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
* Get him on the cheap
*1 year prove it deal
* bring him in and kick the tires

* see if he has some gas in the tank

Nate, I added one and until they get your suggested shortcut buttons, I'm just going to cut and paste.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He went to Stanford. How is he an idiot? Also he's one of the best at his position, so if there's any player we need that's available it would be him.

He's not academically, but the guy is full of himself. He started throwing a hissy fit with the coaches on the sidelines when Seattle passed on a random 1st and goal at the 2 last year. He'd be nice to have but he's got a lot of baggage.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He went to Stanford. How is he an idiot? Also he's one of the best at his position, so if there's any player we need that's available it would be him.
There are tons of idiots at Stanford.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When he was good it was in a zone scheme. Not sure how much a Pettine defense will be playing zone.

And then you add in:
torn achilles,
30 years old
loud mouth who has become a distraction in Seattle
AND, likely still thinks he will command top dollar

I say "Pass."

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Earl Thomas is reportedly available in a trade. That's the one to go after if they choose to

D

Deleted member 6794

There's absolutely no way the Packers can afford to trade for Sherman. If the Seahawks release him Gutekunst should definitely take a look at him but with him coming off a torn Achilles and requiring surgery on the other one as well the team should be extremely hesitant to offer him a decent contract.

No thanks we don’t need him in our locker room! The guys an idiot!!

I wouldn't mind adding Sherman to the locker room as long as he's still capable of playing at an elite level.

Why would we go after Thomas when we have Ha Ha?

Because Thomas is most likely the best free safety in the league while Clinton-Dix is coming off a season in which he performed at an average level at best.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I've read, Sherman is likely to be released by the Seahawks. I've also read that Sherman has no interest in restructuring his deal that pays him a base salary of $11 million a season. That's a significant cap hit for an aging cornerback.......

D

Deleted member 6794

From what I've read, Sherman is likely to be released by the Seahawks. I've also read that Sherman has no interest in restructuring his deal that pays him a base salary of $11 million a season. That's a significant cap hit for an aging cornerback.......

Well, if the Seahakws release him he will have to negotiate a new deal with either them or another team.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman is not Sherman of 3 years ago. He was looking more and more to the average last year than he was looking exceptional. and his exceptional was also surrounded by guys that could help and a very lenient air about him when it came to getting hands on receivers and officials throwing flags. I haven't seen many guys get away with what he did. Toss in work on one achilles and a complete rupture on the other, I wouldn't give him 2 million dollars let alone 11.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman is not Sherman of 3 years ago. He was looking more and more to the average last year than he was looking exceptional. and his exceptional was also surrounded by guys that could help and a very lenient air about him when it came to getting hands on receivers and officials throwing flags. I haven't seen many guys get away with what he did. Toss in work on one achilles and a complete rupture on the other, I wouldn't give him 2 million dollars let alone 11.

That pretty much sums it up for me. We'd be going after a name, but just a shadow of the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.