Richard Sherman--a new low in Class

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where do you get the idea I'm kidding myself? Your parents probably told you that it's unacceptable to defend bad behavior because of someone else doing the same thing; or because of your own disinterest. It's still true today. Unfortunately, there's many more people today with your line of reasoning--I'll give you that.
AMEN. You hit the nail on the head. You'll notice in most cases it's "younger fans" that have no problem at all with punk players acting like idiots and it's usually "younger fans" that think the Packers organization doesn't know what they are doing.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AMEN. You hit the nail on the head. You'll notice in most cases it's "younger fans" that have no problem at all with punk players acting like idiots and it's usually "younger fans" that think the Packers organization doesn't know what they are doing.
I've seen plenty of people around your age NOMOFO that also question some of the things the Packers Org is doing. Or at the very least saying they wouldn't have an issue seeing Capers get his walking papers. (Our very own "Super Mod" LTF fits that bill to point out a singular example.) You really need to stop with your age bashing that's not OK.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen plenty of people around your age NOMOFO that also question some of the things the Packers Org is doing. Or at the very least saying they wouldn't have an issue seeing Capers get his walking papers. (Our very own "Super Mod" LTF fits that bill to point out a singular example.) You really need to stop with your age bashing that's not OK.

It's not bashing...it is an opinion and I stand by it. ...and how exactly would you even think it was "bashing" just by pointing out younger fans have different views?

Relax dude. It's all good. Chillax.

...and Capers? HUH? Hey...do you have any clue what I posted about Capers? I said IMO we should make a change. lol...but nice try.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For throwing a cheep shot? Yet Sherman remains "classless" because of talking. Well my work here in pointing out some hypocrisy is done.
No, not hypocrisy. Its plain and simple. If you are going to have a big mouth and talk like a little *****, you should get punched in the face.

So to help you understand, here are some amish rules to live by:

1. Don't insult people to their faces with witnesses around
2. Don't encourage someone by asking them to punch you in the face
3. If someone talks loudly; insults you in public; asks to punch you in the face: then punch them in the face.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, not hypocrisy. Its plain and simple. If you are going to have a big mouth and talk like a little *****, you should get punched in the face.

3. If someone talks loudly; insults you in public; asks to punch you in the face: then punch them in the face.
lmao...classic :tup::D

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So physical assault is OK as long as someone said for you to do it? Watch the video again, Sherman is in the middle of doling out "good game" to the opposition after winning last year. Then Fletcher comes up and assaults him. I don't find anything OK with that, regardless of jersey being worn. If you want to "shut him up" do it on the field of play, not after the fact like a poor sport.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not bashing...it is an opinion and I stand by it. ...and how exactly would you even think it was "bashing" just by pointing out younger fans have different views?

Relax dude. It's all good. Chillax.

...and Capers? HUH? Hey...do you have any clue what I posted about Capers? I said IMO we should make a change. lol...but nice try.
It came across as fairly disparaging do to it being a relatively generalistic statement, as well as seemingly saying that there was something incorrect about disagreeing with the Packers organization. Also my last interaction with you over in that locked thread admittedly has colored the way I view some of the things you write because of how you've said things previously. I wasn't tracking on your views on Capers but I also wasn't trying to imply that you felt any specific way about the issue. I used it as an example solely because it has been a rather hot topic over the past few years and has a few very vocal people talking about how ridiculous it is for people to be questioning the Packers org not firing him.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so uh.... Richard Sherman. I have no idea what the big problem is. what did he say that was so terrible? what did he say that you can't see yourself saying when you beat your mouthy brother-in-law at darts, or bowling, or fantasy football, or.... you get the idea.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so uh.... Richard Sherman. I have no idea what the big problem is. what did he say that was so terrible? what did he say that you can't see yourself saying when you beat your mouthy brother-in-law at darts, or bowling, or fantasy football, or.... you get the idea.
He yelled man, that's not cool. Hurt my ears.

packfan1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah...we'll 49ers came to GB and said it was a sh*thole. If it was any other team I would agree it wasn't classy....but I loved every second of him trash talking those 40whiners after they boo hoo lost. Was great to see. Even better were Crabtree's eyes when he turned around in the corner of the end zone and saw the ball was going to be intercepted. Bye Bye whiny Harbaugh who thinks every call for some reason need to go his way. What a baby. That coach is just ridiculous....the tantrums he throws on the sidelines and onto the field-can't believe he isn't penalized for his antics. Go home and change ur diaper Harbaugh.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So physical assault is OK as long as someone said for you to do it? Watch the video again, Sherman is in the middle of doling out "good game" to the opposition after winning last year. Then Fletcher comes up and assaults him. I don't find anything OK with that, regardless of jersey being worn. If you want to "shut him up" do it on the field of play, not after the fact like a poor sport.
Agreed.
I won't hit or take my anger out on someone just because I can.
The one and only way I would ever get violent with someone else is if I would feel physically threatened by them or in a self-defense situation.
Fortunately *Knock on wood* I've never been in those situations and I hope to never be.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score

...and you think none of any of this is on him? give me a break. he's been in the league for only how long now and he's already had more issues than most players have in a career. do you really believe he did nothing at all that led to this?

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...and you think none of any of this is on him? give me a break. he's been in the league for only how long now and he's already had more issues than most players have in a career. do you really believe he did nothing at all that led to this?
He's been in the league now for 3 years if memory serves me right. Outside of the Brady "You Mad Bro" from last year; the Fletcher incident, no I don't think he asked for that; and this most recent interview I can't think of any other specific post game instances of his. Yeah there was the telling Skip Bayless that he's better at life than him, I don't care for Bayless though so I have no issue with that either. There was a singular instance of a failed urinalysis that he was latter acquitted from too, but as I said he won that appeal. I don't specifically recall him doing anything in the Wild Card game last year to warrant what Fletcher did, regardless I don't support players taking swings at players pre, during, or post game. I can't recall a single instance where Sherman has done that. If you feel that you have something to prove you should do it on the field of play. I won't support any player trying to harm another player, that is just uncalled for. Watch that vid, Sherman is doing nothing to warrant being swung at.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's been in the league now for 3 years if memory serves me right. Outside of the Brady "You Mad Bro" from last year; the Fletcher incident, no I don't think he asked for that; and this most recent interview I can't think of any other specific post game instances of his. Yeah there was the telling Skip Bayless that he's better at life than him, I don't care for Bayless though so I have no issue with that either. There was a singular instance of a failed urinalysis that he was latter acquitted from too, but as I said he won that appeal. I don't specifically recall him doing anything in the Wild Card game last year to warrant what Fletcher did, regardless I don't support players taking swings at players pre, during, or post game. I can't recall a single instance where Sherman has done that. If you feel that you have something to prove you should do it on the field of play. I won't support any player trying to harm another player, that is just uncalled for. Watch that vid, Sherman is doing nothing to warrant being swung at.
do you really not get it or are you messing with us? no, he was doing nothing that second....clearly he did something leading up to that!!! how many times have you been punched in the face for no reason? I know I never have and I don't know anyone that has. Seeing how he runs his mouth...how can any rational thinking person actually think he "did nothing"? for me... it's the way I was brought up...if you run your mouth and act like a dck you're gonna get served at some point. I hope he gets knocked out in the Super Bowl. He needs to learn a lesson IMO. BTW...he's been involved in more BS than you mention.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
do you really not get it or are you messing with us? no, he was doing nothing that second....clearly he did something leading up to that!!! how many times have you been punched in the face for no reason? I know I never have and I don't know anyone that has. Seeing how he runs his mouth...how can any rational thinking person actually think he "did nothing"? for me... it's the way I was brought up...if you run your mouth and act like a dck you're gonna get served at some point. I hope he gets knocked out in the Super Bowl. He needs to learn a lesson IMO. BTW...he's been involved in more BS than you mention.
I'm sure he has, I was making that list off memory as I stated. And I do get it. I said I can't recall him doing anything in that game specifically to warrant that. I don't know maybe he talked some **** or something before or during the game. However, the way I was brought up, if you chose to let someone's words anger you to the point of wanting to attempt to physically hurt that person that represents an entirely immature and childish mentality. I see no reasonable way to find what Fletcher did defensible.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is what Sherman did any worse, or lower class, than Wes Welker taking out a defenseless receiver. Yeah, Sherman should have cooled off a little before his rant but I've never once heard any player in the NFL refer to him as a dirty player. Welker on the other hand, runs a route with no purppse other than smashing into a corner's ribs in the hopes of laying the guy out. And somehow we're talking about Sherman...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If you think that Sherman is low class, take a look at this guy:

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/K...the-Loss/916dce7e-3518-4a87-bd2d-9e8772881dce

Showing up to the post game press conference wearing that, a backwards hat and his headphones?
C'mon man.
You're getting paid millions.
The very least you can do is dress the part.
And I just love it how he looks like a guilty dog.
Especially after he thought and acted like he was the best to ever play the game!
Dieon sanders called out Kap in his pc after the seattle loss for what he was wearing

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is what Sherman did any worse, or lower class, than Wes Welker taking out a defenseless receiver. Yeah, Sherman should have cooled off a little before his rant but I've never once heard any player in the NFL refer to him as a dirty player. Welker on the other hand, runs a route with no purppse other than smashing into a corner's ribs in the hopes of laying the guy out. And somehow we're talking about Sherman...
Or the whole Crabtree putting his hands to Sherman's face last night after the final play while Sherman is trying to be a good sport saying to him: "Good Game". Again Sherman is the bad guy?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Some seahawk fans were tossing food at the Niners Bowman(?) as he was being carted off..

Sherman thought that wasnt right and called out the fans that did it

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

How old am I lol

63GBPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just my 2¢. I loved the interview. What I saw was a young, confident man with a fire in his belly. He is passionate about his game and his early stats prove that he is good. It is a player like this that every team needs to keep the fire burning and stay engaged. Sure it was brash, but not profane. He spoke his mine and not some Not Fun League scripted babble.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Whoa there NOMO, I`m probably around your age, and I agree with Northwest on this. The clips of Sherman you told me to check out, I looked at, and yes he`s brash and cocky, but he`s also very talented, and confident about being talented too, thats not a crime. The clip used above clearly showed the bad reaction of the Redskin player. THAT was common assault and poor control. Sherman got under his skin and inside his head.....touchdown Richard Sherman there. There`s nothing wrong with being cocky, like Findley was/is, the difference is being able to back it up. By the way, did the Redskin player get a suitable fine for his punch ?
Some people can and do come across as cocky if we`re honest here. THEIR opinion is right and everybody else is wrong. Pot calling the kettle black in my opinion. Younger peoples opinions are just as valid, but it degenerates into a slanging match.

Last edited by a moderator:

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you get any of the background of this? If you're putting Crabtree in the "classy" category, you are wrong. Quite honestly, Crabtree started it.

Members online

Latest posts