Richard Sherman--a new low in Class

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He better be careful about his mouth writing a check for him that he can't cash. Peyton certainly has the weapons to make him eat his words.

I'd still certainly love to have him over House, but I don't think his antics would fly under McCarthy.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really, this guy is the worst of a classless franchise that has taken on the personality of its crooked coach.

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/...richard_sherman_erin_andrews_nfc_seattle.html
That's funny because Pete Carroll is nothing like that, at least from what I can gather from his media appearances. He's always gracious, soft spoken, jovial, and informative.

I do remember Crabtree talking some shizz over the offseason directed at Sherman. (Don't recall if it was before or after his Achilles tear.) So that's why that interview happened. Man just won the NFC Championship, he's amped. I think it's great that the guy that took a swing at him after getting an "atta-boy" is not having disparaging remarks sent his way when he actually tried to physically assault Sherman after the game was over. (Probably another reason the remarks happened.) But yeah, Sherman opens his mouth and everyone is talking about him being "classless".

Context is everything.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can`t say I`m a big fan, but he was pumped AND it was immediately after the game. He`s young and confident in his own ability. When he was interviewed later he was much calmer. I`d cut him some slack myself.

Context is important. And, really, who cares? The guy can actually back up his comments at least. And we'd be kidding ourselves if this was the worst thing that was said about/between players that night. He just said to EA in the post-game.

And then there's this: http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/20/richard-sherman-interview-michael-crabtree/

The guy is actually well-spoken and gets it. He's just blunt and brash. I was taken aback by the interview, like most people, but I'm not going to hate him for 15-seconds of being a brash, confident, young football player.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

That's funny because Pete Carroll is nothing like that, at least from what I can gather from his media appearances. He's always gracious, soft spoken, jovial, and informative.

I do remember Crabtree talking some shizz over the offseason directed at Sherman. (Don't recall if it was before or after his Achilles tear.) So that's why that interview happened. Man just won the NFC Championship, he's amped. I think it's great that the guy that took a swing at him after getting an "atta-boy" is not having disparaging remarks sent his way when he actually tried to physically assault Sherman after the game was over. (Probably another reason the remarks happened.) But yeah, Sherman opens his mouth and everyone is talking about him being "classless".

Context is everything.

It seems there was DEFINATELY more to that incident than first appeared. Not brilliant of him, but there was bad blood before the game.

I

Context is important. And, really, who cares? The guy can actually back up his comments at least. And we'd be kidding ourselves if this was the worst thing that was said about/between players that night. He just said to EA in the post-game.

And then there's this: http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/20/richard-sherman-interview-michael-crabtree/

The guy is actually well-spoken and gets it. He's just blunt and brash. I was taken aback by the interview, like most people, but I'm not going to hate him for 15-seconds of being a brash, confident, young football player.

I think it looked worse because of her reaction to it. She looked ruffled, and thought he was directing it at HER when he screamed about "Not saying anything about him".

I

He better be careful about his mouth writing a check for him that he can't cash. Peyton certainly has the weapons to make him eat his words.

I'd still certainly love to have him over House, but I don't think his antics would fly under McCarthy.

I agree with you as far as the warning, but I think this young man CAN actually back it up with his play. The only thing that will beat him on the day will be his nerve of playing in such a massive game. I think we all saw that last year with Kaepernick last year in the first quarter. He looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights in those first few plays.

Levi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was kinda immature screaming out that he's the best, but by far the most disturbing thing of the game had to be someone throwing pop corn at Bowman. That is absolute trash. He's getting carted off the field after more ref blunder and he lost his leg because of it. Than some tool throws food at him, like seriously your that pathetic your throwing food at a injured player.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you as far as the warning, but I think this young man CAN actually back it up with his play. The only thing that will beat him on the day will be his nerve of playing in such a massive game. I think we all saw that last year with Kaepernick last year in the first quarter. He looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights in those first few plays.
We shall see how he is going forward. He has just put a big crosshairs on himself. Although many players are very competitive players in the NFL, most know it is a game and they respect each other and are friendly off the field. Sherman apparently is a butthead and I think this will paint himself into a corner. Perhaps, also, he is overconfident. If he thinks he is so much of himself, he may just not think he has to train as hard next season.

I

We shall see how he is going forward. He has just put a big crosshairs on himself. Although many players are very competitive players in the NFL, most know it is a game and they respect each other and are friendly off the field. Sherman apparently is a butthead and I think this will paint himself into a corner. Perhaps, also, he is overconfident. If he thinks he is so much of himself, he may just not think he has to train as hard next season.

In the interview after the incident, in the dressing room, he seemed more level headed and spoke about it being a team effort and victory. He described his team as a team of nobodies, who`d worked together to get it done. I respect what you are saying Amish, and appreciate your opinion, but I think this guy can get it done. He was so pumped after the win, I`m surprised he didn`t punch the camera. They were saying there is usually a clear fifteen minutes grace given before interview or something like that. I think they are making more of this than there is. Sorry, just my opinion. :tup:

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol.... hello guys?... is this the first you ever saw this from Sherman? How on earth is anyone shocked by this? This guy has been the center of these types of issues since he's been in the NFL. Everything from starting fights before the game to post-game confrontations. Most of his crap I don't have an issue with but at times he crosses the line.

I do agree with buggybill that this guy is extremely emotional and he's young and the on-field right after the game... he was just jacked up big-time. That doesn't bother me as much as these guys making things more about them at times. Crabtree deserved everything he was getting from Sherman. I noticed Sherman was helping the other receivers up during the game and being totally cool with them.

To each his own. For me... give me Barry Sanders or Jerry Rice any day. I tend to enjoy watching and rooting for classy players. I tend to think it's typical for society today and it is really sad that some fans say "I don't care how he acts as long as he plays well"

Having said all of that, there are guys in the NFL that are complete idiots... like Dominic Raiola from the Lions. The more I see Sherman the more I don't think he's an idiot... he's just very emotional and immature.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman has a specific chip on his shoulder for the 9er's because his coach at Stanford, Harbaugh, told him that he wouldn't make it in the NFL and wouldn't be drafting him.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thank you very much for that excellent and very helpful link.
There are two sides to every story and everyone should read it to get Sherman's side.

And with him making the choking sign at Krapperknickers?
That was a well deserved taunt after when cocky and low class Krapperknickers stole Cam Newton's Clark Kent/Superman shirt ripping after running it in for a TD against the Panthers.

You know, we've seen similar things happen to Rodgers. A defender sacks him and then put on the title belt right in front of his face. And then Rodgers becomes his awesome self, scores some TDs and wins the game.
*SIGH* I guess players will never learn to not steal the signature celebrations from other players because that will come back to bite them in the butt.
Which is wonderful poetic justice!

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
**** Sherman is **** Sherman, and **** Sherman does **** Sherman things. He was just as foolhardy minutes later in another interview, though he wrote a serious backpedal today.

I

I will honestly admit I didn`t know anything about Sherman before this incident. I`m only interested in our team and players. He did impress me from what I saw of him though. Crabtree has to accept some of the blame for the incident happening in the first place though if the reports were true going back to last year.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just think it's fantastic that he keeps screaming that he is the best in the NFL. I'm sure that's exactly what he'll be screaming as the 49rs start talking to him about a contract extension! So, between him and Kasperpippylongstockings coming up, the "brilliant" 49er management team will have fun pulling this off! Good luck fellas!

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will honestly admit I didn`t know anything about Sherman before this incident. I`m only interested in our team and players. He did impress me from what I saw of him though. Crabtree has to accept some of the blame for the incident happening in the first place though if the reports were true going back to last year.
He is quite a character. Do a youtube search on him. Tons of interesting stuff. My fav is him walking the streets interviewing people before last year's SB...and asking who the best corner in the NFL was...and not telling the people who he was! That's well worth the viewing. Funny guy.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Thank you very much for that excellent and very helpful link.
There are two sides to every story and everyone should read it to get Sherman's side.

And with him making the choking sign at Krapperknickers?
That was a well deserved taunt after when cocky and low class Krapperknickers stole Cam Newton's Clark Kent/Superman shirt ripping after running it in for a TD against the Panthers.

You know, we've seen similar things happen to Rodgers. A defender sacks him and then put on the title belt right in front of his face. And then Rodgers becomes his awesome self, scores some TDs and wins the game.
*SIGH* I guess players will never learn to not steal the signature celebrations from other players because that will come back to bite them in the butt.
Which is wonderful poetic justice!

I really hope we don't ever see Matthews kiss his bicep. I did think the choking sign was great, and am a terrible person since my friend and I were hoping Kaep's would get a few very hard hits to his biceps.

Back on topic, we'd like him more if he was on our team. I think he may be getting himself in trouble for saying something before thinking.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I really hope we don't ever see Matthews kiss his bicep. I did think the choking sign was great, and am a terrible person since my friend and I were hoping Kaep's would get a few very hard hits to his biceps.

Back on topic, we'd like him more if he was on our team. I think he may be getting himself in trouble for saying something before thinking.
Jermichael Finley.