Richard Rodgers

D

Deleted member 6794

I'll take Richard Rodgers over Julius Thomas

I like your optimism about Rodgers but Thomas had 108 receptions for 1,277 yards and 24 TD over the last two seasons playing with Peyton. Let's be realistic here, Rodgers has a long way to go to even come close to that numbers.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like your optimism about Rodgers but Thomas had 108 receptions for 1,277 yards and 24 TD over the last two seasons playing with Peyton. Let's be realistic here, Rodgers has a long way to go to even come close to that numbers.

Problem is our TE's over most of the years (except for Finley) have been minimally targeted compared to how much Julius was. Target RR at that rate and I'm pretty sure he hauls in similar numbers.

D

Deleted member 6794

Problem is our TE's over most of the years (except for Finley) have been minimally targeted compared to how much Julius was. Target RR at that rate and I'm pretty sure he hauls in similar numbers.

Rodgers would target him more often if he's the best option on a pass play.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep in mind though that Julius did absolutely nothing until I think his 3rd year.

IIRC his rookie year was with Tebow and 2nd year with Manning.

D

Deleted member 6794

Keep in mind though that Julius did absolutely nothing until I think his 3rd year.

IIRC his rookie year was with Tebow and 2nd year with Manning.

True, Thomas had only one reception during his first two years in the league. He was only able to play 50 snaps over that period because of various injuries though.

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay would never draft a TE that overshadows our WR. It has always been a big but slow beefy TE. If we could find a TE to pair up with Rodgers that was faster on top of our WR... your talking about an offense IE (quote me if I am wrong) 2000-2001 Rams when Warner had everyone to throw to. I truly believe the defence should get faster and stronger before we start jumping at a TE.. Cheers and Go Pack Go

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley was an atheltic tight end drafted by Thompson in the third round of the 2008 draft.

He was athletic but not fast. I would like to see a fast TE that could be similar to Gronk, a little fast, and score touchdowns when our WR our being heavily covered.

D

Deleted member 6794

He was athletic but not fast. I would like to see a fast TE that could be similar to Gronk, a little fast, and score touchdowns when our WR our being heavily covered.

Finley had all the physical tools necessary to be one of the top tight ends in the league. His attitude wasn´t always where it needed to be but he turned a corner just before he suffered a career-ending injury.

Good luck getting a similar TE as Gronk, there hasn´t been one in league history.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley had all the physical tools necessary to be one of the top tight ends in the league. His attitude wasn´t always where it needed to be but he turned a corner just before he suffered a career-ending injury.

Good luck getting a similar TE as Gronk, there hasn´t been one in league history.

I've always been a fan of Jason Witten; Not flashy or explosive, but steady, dependable and productive. And he blocks like an old-school tight end.

He'd look great in green and gold.

D

Deleted member 6794

I've always been a fan of Jason Witten; Not flashy or explosive, but steady, dependable and productive. And he blocks like an old-school tight end.

He'd look great in green and gold.

I really like Witten as well. Too bad he won´t be available until the 2018 offseason when he will turn 36 years old.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay would never draft a TE that overshadows our WR. It has always been a big but slow beefy TE. If we could find a TE to pair up with Rodgers that was faster on top of our WR... your talking about an offense IE (quote me if I am wrong) 2000-2001 Rams when Warner had everyone to throw to. I truly believe the defence should get faster and stronger before we start jumping at a TE.. Cheers and Go Pack Go
Tall, fast, beefy guys with great hands and s n aptitude to understand our offense are rare. It's not that we wont dtaft one, it's that they are but a precious few. How many are in the NFL right now? 3 or 4? That means one available every other year and 31 other teams competing, most with a higher pick, for him.

DMANDTM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see a trade with Chicago to pick up Bennett, since Chicago is cleaning house. Quarless is never going to develop much beyond his current state and now has had injuries on both knees.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to see a trade with Chicago to pick up Bennett, since Chicago is cleaning house. Quarless is never going to develop much beyond his current state and now has had injuries on both knees.
I was thinking the same thing when I saw them having a fire sale. Haven't taken time to check the contract situation yet. Some imbecile bear fans calling for a 3-4 round for Forte who is a FA this year.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I doubt the Bears would trade Bennett within the division, and especially not to the Pack. Besides, Bennett is still productive, and has a contract they can live with. My guess is he stays right where he is.

D

Deleted member 6794

I was thinking the same thing when I saw them having a fire sale. Haven't taken time to check the contract situation yet.

Bennett would count $4 million against the cap this season by trading for him now.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you're having a fire sale and cleaning house, it doesn't matter who you're trading with. Fire sales signal a reboot of the roster and a complete rebuild and it doesn't matter where the players go just as long as you get compensation for them (draft picks)

So if TT called Chicago about Bennett and offered them a fair trade, I guarantee you that Chicago would listen.

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody else tune in to RR's chat last night on Packers.com? Sorry to say but it was very boring. I tried to ask him some more in depth questions instead of, "Whats your favorite type of gas station snack?", but he wasn't choosing them. I thought TJ Lang was much more enjoyable.

Members online

Latest posts