1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Richard Rodgers Vindicated

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackerfaninCarolina, Dec 3, 2015.

1. PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +262
    How bout that for a Rodgers to Rodgers connection. He might not be fast, but anyone wanna doubt he can catch now?

2. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +514
    I don't think any one really doubted he could catch. It was his running after the catch that stood out tonight.

The way he went for that ball in the end zone at the finish...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. PackerFanLV

PackerFanLV Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +181
    8 targets 8catches 162 yrds and a TD. Thats pretty dang good.

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    he has great hands...no one doubts it..

His speed sucks, and get break tackles

But who cares right now

5. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +173
    Good thing he caught it and not Adams who was right behind him, he would've dropped it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +956
    I admit to having the same thought while looking at the replays. R. Rodgers did an outstanding job of high-pointing the ball.

7. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +435
    I thought the same thing.

8. DC_Packer

DC_Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    His prior basketball experience came up huge there. He had his back towards AR when the ball was thrown, turned around to locate the ball- then looked back to locate the end zone- located the ball again, and the caught it at the highest point.

9. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +2,895
    Let's give RR some credit and just be thankful he didn't catch it 2 yards short of the end zone and get tackled!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. melvin dangerr

melvin dangerr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +133
    I was down on RR but tonight "shine on man shine on" he never quit.....

11. JP Doyal

JP Doyal AR12

Ratings:
    +38
    Lmao we know he wouldn't have been able to break the tackle to make it into the end zone haha

12. pacmaniac

pacmaniac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +118
    Credit to Aaron as well for throwing the ball so high in the air to give RR time to position himself.

If Aaron had thrown the ball with a normal arc, that ball would have traveled 100 yards in the air.

13. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,779
    That last play was perfect for him and should serve as a teaching point to other receivers and the coaching staff. RR can be valuable to this offense. Even between the 20's. He doesn't need to be a seam buster, he's not built that way. Run him to an area and put the ball where he can shield the defender and he has great hands to catch with. Even if he's only 7 yards down field, that's 7 yards and I'll take them. Especially when we only needed 6 for a first down.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    RR has excellent hands. More of a possession type TE.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Patriotplayer90

Patriotplayer90 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +340
    I don't think his speed is as bad as once suspected. He is just not a quick or explosive guy, he needs a couple of steps to get going and most catches we've seen from him have been when his momentum had already stopped. When he gets a running start, he doesn't look like Gronk but he certainly looks more agile than on those short screens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Curly Calhoun

Curly Calhoun Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +269

He played well, with some big catches on the Pack's third touchdown drive as well. Let's hope he can sustain it.

In the end, Green Bay wins on a Hail Mary, a disputed call, against a team that Golden Tate plays for. If that's not karma, then there's no such thing.

17. Half Empty

Half Empty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +661
    As much as I'm similarly at fault, it's always fun to see forum reaction. RRodgers was getting accolades early in the year, during the winning streak. Then during the down time, he was the worst 3rd round choice, ever. Now, after one catch (OK, maybe one game), he's back in good graces again. Gotta love it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. gopkrs

gopkrs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +98
    I was giving RR a hard time last week. But this week was different. Yes, he had some of those almost worthless short passes but he had several catches where he was actually running farther upfield. That is the way to use him; not just as a dumpoff. Not a really fun game to watch but all that ends well...

19. sschind

sschind Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +498

Or he would have caught it and everyone dogging him would have to backpedal in their comments.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. sschind

sschind Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +498
    I'll take a TE who catches pretty much everything thrown at him and doesn't get many YAC as opposed to one who breaks an occasional tackle but can't catch.

I'd love to have a guy like Gronk but it isn't necessary. Lots of teams win without a Gronk. We need guy who can catch the ball when it is thrown at him anything else is gravy.

21. Packerlover

Packerlover Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +362
    Richard Rodgers is one of my favorite players and he had a good game. The hail mary catch is epic.. What a game and the defense shut down the lions in the second half.

"A New Hope."

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,973
    My son put him on his fantasy team at the beginning of the season and I laughed at him. Guess he's laughing now.

23. PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +262
    I suppose that's a reference to Jermichael Finley?

24. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,598
    There wasn´t ever any doubt that Rodgers has great hands, he´s just not athletic or physical enough to make yards after he catches the ball. If the Packers end up using him like last night though he could turn into a much needed weapon for the QB. He did a perfect job on the hail mary.

25. Patriotplayer90

Patriotplayer90 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +340
    INobody doubted his hands, as they are great, but his athletic ability for a 3rd rounder. He's not painfully slow as I thought (Finley ran a 4.81) as much as he painfully lacks in quickness and acceleration, so if any route involves him stopping and catching the ball, like the screens we've seen, that's as far as he is going to go.

But when he catches the ball in stride, he looks like a completely different player. Taking away the long pass, he still had 7 catches for like 85 yards, which is drastically better than what we've seen from him.

• Agree Agree x 1