1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Richard Jefferson to the Bucks

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by PackOne, Jun 26, 2008.

1. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
  2. djcubez

djcubez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just saw this. I'm under the impression that the starting lineup will be Mo Williams, Michael Redd, Charlie Villanueva, Richard Jefferson and Andrew Bogut. Not that bad considering Mo's getting on top of his game at PG, Redd has always killed it at SG (USA Olympic Team), Richard Jefferson is second in Nets history in all-time scoring at F, Villanueva needs a bounce back year after last one at F where he didn't play very strong (sloppy defense), and Bogut, he was averaging about a double-double per game at the end of last season at C. Throw newly drafted Joe Alexander into the mix and I see this team at least finishing at the .500 mark with a playoff spot. The only problem I see is that the moves don't constitute a future for the Bucks, but a chance to win in the next few seasons to come. And, to be totally honest, this is the biggest year for this team. If they can come out of this season with a good record, under a new coach and GM plus with a different look at offense, they might become a force in otherwise pathetic eastern conference. However, if they stumble, I can see them being just the plain old Bucks of the last 20 years (3 seasons over .500 in that time period, two of which were just barely there).

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Dang......I'm bummed. I thought YI would have a long career here.
    That said, if Jefferson can bring a title here, then it's a good move.
    Of course thats a big "IF".
    Well.....at least YI got his wish........playing in a big market town.

4. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Yi and Jason Taylor can whoop it up.

I like Jefferson, he is a second tier superstar when he is healthy. We did lose some depth, so I expect a trade somewhere down the road. I am just happen Simmons, bust, is gone. I had high hopes for him.