1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rhodes signs 2 year deal with Oakland

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Jakest3r, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Jakest3r

Jakest3r Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

2. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I didnt want him

3. Jakest3r

Jakest3r Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why post then?...Also: this can be moved to NFL if this isn't needed in the Packer section.

4. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think he would've of been a nice signing especially for two years. Nice pickup for the Raiders.

You can see the difference in 2nd tier free agents and guys who sign right away. It's a huge drop off in money and very little in value.

If things don't pickup next week for the Packers then I'm going to be very dissapointed in Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy.

5. DakotaT

DakotaT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why Porky, we have 2 young safeties, 2 young corners, 3 young running backs, and 2 young receivers; all of whom have more upside than most of these instant millionairs that have been signed in the last week. The competition in training camp is going to be very intense this year, and we haven't even drafted yet.

I would rather have TT spend the money extending Barnett, Corey Williams, and Taush. Now don't get me wrong, I would have liked to have had Deon Grant signed, but not for what the Seahags paid.

6. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    3.5 million for two years isn't going to put the Packers anywhere close to cap hell. Rhodes would've been an ideal replacement for Green. I do think the fact he might have to sit 4 games turned a lot of teams off. None the less the Packers still would have had plenty of room to get a contract done with Barnett and Williams as well.

I'm not overwhelmed by the Packers current Running backs, corners, and one of the safeties. I like Underwood though. The Packers are far from being a Super Bowl caliber team. I have no problem watching other teams spend money unwisely but that part of free agency has come and gone. Most of the second tier free agents will give you almost as much production and sometimes more than guys who have already signed but they come at fair value. Right now the Packers are getting to picky.