Rex Ryan says the Jets would've beaten the Pack in SB XLV

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
I like Rex but all his talking is getting a little tiring. I give him a lot of credit for taking his team to two consecutive AFC Championship games and he's had some impressive wins over that time, namely the playoff win in Foxboro this year. That said, he keeps telling people how his team should have won or would have won and it comes off as stupid.

Pumping up your team and being confident going into games is one thing, what he is doing is another. He comes off as a sore loser.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/30/rex-ryan-says-jets-would-have-beaten-packers-in-super-bowl-xlv/

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy has diarrhea of the mouth....all that comes out of it is crap, crap and more crap. The world would be a better place if Rex munched more cheeseburgers and talked less. At least when he talked with a mouthful he would not be as loud...( and there is that possibility of choking....kinda like his football team)

OP
OP
Future

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
funny because I am pretty sure they had the chance to beat us in the reg season.

He addressed that. Talking about how the Packers kicked two field goals due to Jets' mistakes. Take away those two FGs, and we win 3-0.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jesus, I'm sick of Rex Ryan. At first he was amusing, then it started to get kinda tedious, now it's just obnoxious and the J-E-T-S are quickly becoming one of my most hated teams... He just talks sooo much **** and doesn't back it up.

You know what? Yeah, they may have beat the Packers in super bowl XLV, if they actually made it... but they didn't. We are the Super Bowl champs so get ****** you fat piece of **** and see if you can actually MAKE it to a super bowl before you talk ****.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Being confident and trying to instill confidence in his team is one thing, but IMO making excuses is not good leadership. Rex, how ‘bout if your second string QB tells you at practice “Except for that DB grabbing the ball, that throw would’ve been a TD!” How would that go over with you? Rex’s team had a chance at home to beat the Packers and then had the chance to meet them in the Super Bowl. His team failed twice.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They couldn't beat the team we beat in the SB and on top of that we shut them out in the regular season..All the fried chicken is affecting his brain.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Wouldn't of happened, Rex. The Packers were hot, and they won it all and nothing would stop them. Bears were the closest thing to a slip up, and when the Packers made their errors they at least fixed them. He had his chance in regular season, if he could of he would of knocked the Packers out of the running.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
LOL. I feel sorry for jets fans. Promises all year and then after 2 years of failure..."well we would have won a SB!" Nice. I'd want a new coach after hearing that crap if I was a Jets fan.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Hey...he might be right. Then again, if my Aunt Gladys had *********, she could be my Uncle Fergie.

Rex is a blow hole.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
He is right though, any given Sunday ...
The Jets could have one, but then so could have NE, or Indy, or KC, or Baltimore or any one else that made the AFC playoffs. Problem is, they couldn't win the tourney to get there. The team that did win it was then recognized as the best AFC team and they got beat. Makes all the rest look like a JV squad. If he truly feels that way, get your friggin' team to the title game once. Close but no cigar don't cut it on the champions board. I knew Pitt would win the AFC when the Jets felt they won the SB by beating the Patriots. Any thing else was gravy after that in their minds.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'll just say when the Packers lost to the Cardinals we probably all felt we might have had a shot at the Super Bowl. But nobody really said it here. Know why? Because talking about what mighta happened is worthless. Yes, worthless, it didn't happen. So I don't get a coach saying he could have done this or that, it didn't work out that way. I'd be okay if he said he thought he could beat us this year, but talking about what mighta been is just stupid. Ya lost Rex, you're not the Green Bay Packers nor are you the Pittsburgh Steelers, you're 3rd at best. Go coach and shut up, Green Bay showed how exemplary coaching can win games.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta love Rex's logic.

They got shutout at home. So, playing in a neutral field (where there would be probably more packers fans), he would win the game?

The fat man is delusional. The shtick is getting old. It was good at first, but it looses it's impact if you don't win.

OP
OP
Future

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
LOL. I feel sorry for jets fans. Promises all year and then after 2 years of failure..."well we would have won a SB!" Nice. I'd want a new coach after hearing that crap if I was a Jets fan.

Jets fans love him for the most part and I would too if I was a Jets fan. In his first two years, he's gotten to 2 AFC Championship games. Although if he keeps losing them, he'll be the AFC's version of Andy Reid.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSuu8DkjBv8&feature=related]YouTube - Napoleon dynamite steak slap[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm2lT6Qj5Ms&feature=related]YouTube - Your Mom Goes To College[/ame]
one of the stupidest and best movies around :)

Members online

Latest posts