Revis

H

HardRightEdge

Rumor has it Revis will be released as a cap casualty.

So, let the Revis + Byrd chatter begin. We'll give everybody the first 10 yards but after that, nothing. :whistling:

Pack....man!!!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man ... That would be something... ...okay back to reality ..not going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd way rather see us bring in Byrd than Revis considering we have some pretty decent young (and cheap) corner talent right now, but we DESPERATELY need safeties.

Pack....man!!!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Revis has a 16 million dollar cap...thats why he is getting released, no way any team trades for a number that high.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Revis the highest rated corner last season? LOL @ that, no matter what website said it.

EVERY time i had inside the NFL on, or NFL network watching highlights, Revis was getting turned and burned. He was NOT the same island guy he was prior to his injury. He is NOT worth the risk and is now labeled in the knee injury department which is sketchy in itself. Not worth the time, effort, headache, pocket book hit...... to much risk for ungauranteed reward. No thanks.

D

Deleted member 6794

Revis the highest rated corner last season? LOL @ that, no matter what website said it.

EVERY time i had inside the NFL on, or NFL network watching highlights, Revis was getting turned and burned. He was NOT the same island guy he was prior to his injury. He is NOT worth the risk and is now labeled in the knee injury department which is sketchy in itself. Not worth the time, effort, headache, pocket book hit...... to much risk for ungauranteed reward. No thanks.

He was rated the top CB by PFF, which includes pass rush, run defense and penalties into the rankings. Taking a look at opponent´s QBs passer rating against him he was only ranked 38th though.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was rated the top CB by PFF, which includes pass rush, run defense and penalties into the rankings. Taking a look at opponent´s QBs passer rating against him he was only ranked 38th though.

When healthy, assuming he wasn't fully last year, and given the ability to play man coverage as opposed to the zone they had him playing last year wasn't his QB passer rating against near or at the top?

D

Deleted member 6794

When healthy, assuming he wasn't fully last year, and given the ability to play man coverage as opposed to the zone they had him playing last year wasn't his QB passer rating against near or at the top?

He was ranked 2nd in 2011 and 1st in 2009, but his knee injury has to be taken into consideration as well.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was ranked 2nd in 2011 and 1st in 2009, but his knee injury has to be taken into consideration as well.

That's what I thought, but those Jets teams had a stout D all around which we do not. I can't justify paying him $16M per season when there are such glaring weaknesses elsewhere. Great player when healthy absolutely no question about it but he can't do it alone.

D

Deleted member 6794

That's what I thought, but those Jets teams had a stout D all around which we do not. I can't justify paying him $16M per season when there are such glaring weaknesses elsewhere. Great player when healthy absolutely no question about it but he can't do it alone.

I absolutely agree that Revis was the best CB in the game while he was with the Jets, especially from 2009-2011, when opposing QBs didn´t even complete 40% of the passes thrown his way.

But as I said before, the injury he suffered in 2012 is a major concern and the Packers don´t have a need at CB, especially not at the price tag he´ll be asking for.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

Revis has a 16 million dollar cap...thats why he is getting released, no way any team trades for a number that high.

Not that I endorse any of this, but if Revis is released then Tampa is on the hook for the dead cap and Revis becomes a free agent.

D

Deleted member 6794

Not that I endorse any of this, but if Revis is released then Tampa is on the hook for the dead cap and Revis becomes a free agent.

There´s no dead money in Revis´ contract though. He signed a six-year, $96 million deal with them in 2013 without any guaranteed money.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New England will call him if he's cut. He'd work great in Bills defense much like Ty Law did. They are very similar in skill set and Law was pretty good.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After re-signing Shields we shouldn't be looking at adding another CB. While it would be nice to add Revis, we need help at safety, linebacker, and NT. We need to a more balanced defense, not more unbalanced.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You base your opinion on players from 16 second game recaps on inside the nfl?

A great shutdown corner doesn't have highlights.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
You base your opinion on players from 16 second game recaps on inside the nfl?

A great shutdown corner doesn't have highlights.

Really??? Did you happen to stay glued between 2 channels yesterday? Well, I was. He was a topic of conversation. They showed good film and bad film. Guess what, when he was making a play, it was against a teir 3 QB....... when he got burned, it was by a much better QB/WR combo. So, if he is that good....why can't he, for the most part, beat up on top flight guys? Even several commentators said he was too risky for the cash he requires, but what di they know, they only played against the guy.....

Latest posts