Return of the Packer Sweep

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I noticed something different with the running game today. Some of the Packers' best runs came on sweeps, which are not part of the typical zone-blocking scheme, as I understand it. Those plays looked more like the plays they ran when Mike Sherman was coach. And they usually (or always?) ran them to Clifton's side, which says something about their lack of confidence in Tony Moll.

I liked that they were using the whole field on running plays instead of just running between the tackles. They should keep doing this.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I noticed something different with the running game today. Some of the Packers' best runs came on sweeps, which are not part of the typical zone-blocking scheme, as I understand it. Those plays looked more like the plays they ran when Mike Sherman was coach. And they usually (or always?) ran them to Clifton's side, which says something about their lack of confidence in Tony Moll.

I liked that they were using the whole field on running plays instead of just running between the tackles. They should keep doing this.

Urgh! We finally see the famous Packer sweep and I'm at home listening to the game on the radio instead of in the sports bar? Well, hopefully we'll do it Thursday and see if MN really deserves a #1 against the run ranking.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts